ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

anyone applying from Nairobi - tier 1 general

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bhavinjbhatt
Newly Registered

anyone applying from Nairobi - tier 1 general

Post by bhavinjbhatt » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:12 pm

Hi All,

I am applying for Tier 1 general visa from Nairobi, please advice on the documents required, the processing times. i have seen the ukba and ukvisas website, but would appreciate from someone who has actually gone through this process...

and one more thing, once granted the tier 1 general visa, do i need to enter the UK within one month ?

Is there any new rules and regulations for tier 1 general eligibilty ?

Kind regards,
Bhavin

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: anyone applying from Nairobi - tier 1 general

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:49 pm

bhavinjbhatt wrote:Hi All,

I am applying for Tier 1 general visa from Nairobi, please advice on the documents required, the processing times. i have seen the ukba and ukvisas website, but would appreciate from someone who has actually gone through this process...

and one more thing, once granted the tier 1 general visa, do i need to enter the UK within one month ?

Is there any new rules and regulations for tier 1 general eligibilty ?

Kind regards,
Bhavin
Documents required depends on circumstances of the applicant. (employed or self-employed, etc). There are a number of people who have gone through the process in this forum and have posted their experiences here. Please go through the forum to get a fair idea and get back with any specific questions. Posting links for the policy guidance. PLease go through it and most of your questions and doubts will be clarified. All the best.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf
http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... -of-policy