ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

once granted tier 1 general,entry in uk ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bhavinjbhatt
Newly Registered

once granted tier 1 general,entry in uk ?

Post by bhavinjbhatt » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:05 pm

Hi All,

I had a quick question, once granted the tier 1 general visa, for someone applying from outside UK, Nairobi Kenya to be precise, do you need to enter the United Kingdom within one month of having been granted the visa ??

kind regards,
Bhavin

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:40 pm

Not to sound harsh but I have lost track of the number of times this question has been asked. I am sure experienced contributors are going to get pain in their hands typing answers to the oft repeated questions.

Here is one of the many links available

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Shepherd

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: once granted tier 1 general,entry in uk ?

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:41 pm

bhavinjbhatt wrote:Hi All,

I had a quick question, once granted the tier 1 general visa, for someone applying from outside UK, Nairobi Kenya to be precise, do you need to enter the United Kingdom within one month of having been granted the visa ??

kind regards,
Bhavin
Not necessary. But, if you do so then you can apply for ILR (PR) after one extension. Search the forum as this has been discussed a number of times.

bhavinjbhatt
Newly Registered

Re: once granted tier 1 general,entry in uk ?

Post by bhavinjbhatt » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:45 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
bhavinjbhatt wrote:Hi All,

kind regards,
Bhavin
Not necessary. But, if you do so then you can apply for ILR (PR) after one extension. Search the forum as this has been discussed a number of times.
thank you for your response...i appreciate it.

bhavinjbhatt
Newly Registered

Post by bhavinjbhatt » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:47 pm

gd_Shepherd wrote:Not to sound harsh but I have lost track of the number of times this question has been asked. I am sure experienced contributors are going to get pain in their hands typing answers to the oft repeated questions.

Here is one of the many links available

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Shepherd
\

Thank you for your response gd_shephard, unfortunately the forums i looked at are from before the government changed in may 2010, so was not sure whether to take into account anything or any posts from before that.
any how, i really appreciate your response.

Kind regards,
Bhav