ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintainence funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

quiver
Newly Registered

Maintainence funds

Post by quiver » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:20 pm

I am the main applicant but my account doesn't suffice the maintainence requirements. I hold a joint account along with my wife where in I can prove the funds. But, in that account I am not the primary account holder. Will there be an issue?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Maintainence funds

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:37 pm

You can use combined sum of the two account for maintenance funds.
quiver wrote:I am the main applicant but my account doesn't suffice the maintainence requirements. I hold a joint account along with my wife where in I can prove the funds. But, in that account I am not the primary account holder. Will there be an issue?

mbandi
Newly Registered

Post by mbandi » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:37 pm

hi all,

i have deposited 2600 in my hsbc account and then moved it into my barclays account after 20 days can i show the combination of two bank for tier1 application

Visa2Uk

Post by Visa2Uk » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:57 am

Hi Quiver,
I am the main applicant but my account doesn't suffice the maintainence requirements. I hold a joint account along with my wife where in I can prove the funds. But, in that account I am not the primary account holder. Will there be an issue?

I might be late with the reply, but the answer is yes. Please refer the general guidance points.

If the applicant wishes to rely on a joint account as evidence of available funds, he/she must be named on the account along with one or more other named individual.

Visa2Uk

Post by Visa2Uk » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:00 am

mbandi wrote:hi all,

i have deposited 2600 in my hsbc account and then moved it into my barclays account after 20 days can i show the combination of two bank for tier1 application
Yes, you can submit combination of two bank statements. My friend has done the same and no issues as long as the amount is there for the whole period combining both the accounts.

As per the policy guidance,

Where evidence from two or more accounts are submitted, we will assess the funds available to the applicant using:
• the most recent closing balance of one account, plus
• any additional money available to the applicant on the date of that closing balance, for which the applicant has provided the required evidence.
We will always use the closing balance date from the account that most favours the applicant.