ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR – Self employed with P60 issues!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

astraiton
Newly Registered

ILR – Self employed with P60 issues!

Post by astraiton » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:02 pm

I have a HSMP under the judicial review and have been eligible to apply for ILR since March 2010. I have booked an appointment in Croydon in early July and need some help....

I’m confident I can satisfy all the ILR criteria except where the caseworker requests all my P60’s and/or 5 years of payslips. My issue can be highlighted in the following employment summary.

1. October 2004 till March 2007 – I was in permanent employment and can provide P60’s
2. Between Mar 07 - Jul 08 and between Jan 09 to Mar 09 I was a self employed consultant that had all income directed to a ltd company bank account. The issue is that I liquidated this company in late 2009, and therefore, I would strongly like to avoid discussing this employment period with the caseworker.
3. In parallel I started a 2nd company in Jul 2007. I only started taking an income from this business in November 2009 and therefore want to use this company to show my 7 months of economic activity.

What shall I do if the caseworker requests 5 years of p60’s? Should I confirm the income I made from the ltd company that has since been liquidated or is there way in which I can avoid discussing this?

mrlookforward
BANNED

Re: ILR – Self employed with P60 issues!

Post by mrlookforward » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:12 am

astraiton wrote:I have a HSMP under the judicial review and have been eligible to apply for ILR since March 2010. I have booked an appointment in Croydon in early July and need some help....

I’m confident I can satisfy all the ILR criteria except where the caseworker requests all my P60’s and/or 5 years of payslips. My issue can be highlighted in the following employment summary.

1. October 2004 till March 2007 – I was in permanent employment and can provide P60’s
2. Between Mar 07 - Jul 08 and between Jan 09 to Mar 09 I was a self employed consultant that had all income directed to a ltd company bank account. The issue is that I liquidated this company in late 2009, and therefore, I would strongly like to avoid discussing this employment period with the caseworker.
3. In parallel I started a 2nd company in Jul 2007. I only started taking an income from this business in November 2009 and therefore want to use this company to show my 7 months of economic activity.

What shall I do if the caseworker requests 5 years of p60’s? Should I confirm the income I made from the ltd company that has since been liquidated or is there way in which I can avoid discussing this?
Better consult an accountant.

shs213

Re: ILR – Self employed with P60 issues!

Post by shs213 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:38 am

astraiton wrote:I have a HSMP under the judicial review and have been eligible to apply for ILR since March 2010. I have booked an appointment in Croydon in early July and need some help....

Dont think it matters, liquidating companies etc are HMRC to worry about, what HO need is the monthly pay + dividends YOU made during your 5 year period. what happend in your business is of low importance...

you should have payslips + dividen vouchers from your ltd company, you can take them as evidence along with bank statements to show your economic activities.

it doesnt matter you changed your ltd companies...

hope this helps...