ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Scared :(

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

charfiji
Newly Registered

Scared :(

Post by charfiji » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:15 pm

Hi

I am a british Citizen, my boyfriend is Fijian. He is planning to come and stay with me for six weeks over christmas. I am under the impression that you can apply for the Visa 3 months before the date of the flight, so he is going to apply as soon as possible (september).

I have two main concerns here:

Firstly, after reading this forum I am really worried that because he is unemployed he will get refused under the 'unsufficient reason to return' basis. Despite his lack of employment - he has family in Fiji, investments, money in the bank, and a return ticket with a hotel booked at his stop over on the way home. He is applying to go to Uni in Sydney - but cannot apply to do this until November. As his flight to the UK is booked for Dec 1st.. at the time of applying for the visa there will be no 'hard' evidence of his plans to attend uni.

My second concern is that I start my Teacher Training in September, so will be classed as a student. Will this affect anything? He has a bank account with around 10,000 GBP in - so although I am providing his accomodation, he will be funding his own visit. Even though he is funding his own trip do I still have to prove my own financial state? This is what's worrying me, because I will only have around a £1,000 saved and then my main source of income will be from my Teacher Training Busary (£600 a month). Must I prove this?

Also - I still live at home with my parents - so he will be staying with us - but in my room obviously. As the property is not mine, will this affect anything? As I am his girlfriend I am also worried that this will go AGAINST the visa, because they will think there will be more chance of him over staying his visa. This probably is going to sound really naive but if/he I wrote a letter outlining WHY he is unemployed at the time of submission (plans to study in January) would this help - despite there being no 'real' evidence?

Sorry that I have asked such a lot of questions, I just seem to have so many. I thought it would be a relatively simple process as it was just a tourist visa, but now I can see otherwise and am starting to get worried.

Would really appreciate some advice.

Thank you.

bbbb
BANNED

Post by bbbb » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:37 pm

hello

All he has to prove that he doesn t intend to stay and that he has plans in his home country and it would be great to have evidences, (He could register at uni before going to the uk embassy)

u (together) have enough money. ur parents could write an invitation letter for him as the property is not yours(u will need copies of ur parents' passports) , and they can say they and u will look after him

charfiji
Newly Registered

Post by charfiji » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:18 pm

Hi thank you for your reply.

I'm confused because in some ways the application looks hopeful because he has money to support his own stay, he has been abroad (to Australia) in the past and did not over stay, and I can clearly prove that my family can provide him with accomodation.

On the other hand.. the main reason tourist visa's seem to get rejected are because of the 'lack of ties' to the home country, particularly with developing countries such as Fiji. The fact that he has no job to go back to, and the possibility that he may not be able to actually PROVE any evidence of his plans to start university in January.. look like they are going to out weigh the positives here.

I am not sure whether I am being pesimistic, or realistic. I'm thinking it's the latter!

It sounds extreme but I am seriously starting to think that he should cancel his flight or delay it, until he can PROVE his intentions to return. We are really serious about each other, and I am nervous that if his Visitor visa gets rejected, it will affect any possible visa we might apply for in the future - if our relationship progresses over the years (i.e fiance/e visa)

Any comments would be extremely appreciated, trying to make a balanced decision which is not easy when the heart is involved :(

Thank you.

bbbb
BANNED

Post by bbbb » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:24 pm

charfiji wrote:
On the other hand.. the main reason tourist visa's seem to get rejected are because of the 'lack of ties' to the home country, particularly with developing countries such as Fiji. The fact that he has no job to go back to, and the possibility that he may not be able to actually PROVE any evidence of his plans to start university in January.. look like they are going to out weigh the positives here.
That is why I said it would be better for him to register at uni for a course which starts in january , This is better than no ties showing he will go back to his home country, He could add the receipt to the file.
He has to demonstrate that there is no intention to remain in the UK beyond the period of stay issued.

charfiji wrote: I am not sure whether I am being pesimistic, or realistic. I'm thinking it's the latter!

It sounds extreme but I am seriously starting to think that he should cancel his flight or delay it, until he can PROVE his intentions to return. We are really serious about each other, and I am nervous that if his Visitor visa gets rejected, it will affect any possible visa we might apply for in the future - if our relationship progresses over the years (i.e fiance/e visa)

Any comments would be extremely appreciated, trying to make a balanced decision which is not easy when the heart is involved :(

Thank you.

if his Visitor visa gets rejected. yes , it could affect futur visas , by affecting his credibility , even if the visa is refused he could appeal but it will take a lot time (that is not an option)
Last edited by bbbb on Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:13 pm

if his Visitor visa gets rejected. yes , it could affect futur visas , by affected his credibility
That depends what type of visa for is applying for at the later date. For example if he is then applying for a settlement visa .... fiancé or spouse ... then the fact that there has been a previous application, even if it was rejected, proves that the relationship was in existence at that time.
John

charfiji
Newly Registered

Post by charfiji » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:18 am

This is true John. I have been told that a rejection of the tourist visa will not go against us if we apply for fiance/spouce visa - if anything it will show our intentions to maintan our relationship. I think I just have to make sure we dont re-apply for another tourist visa if this one is rejected, as too many rejections will make it look like he is desperate to get to the UK - which he is not, he just wants to spend christmas with me and meet my family.

He can apply for the course at uni.. we can wait for the paper work to come through to send with the visa - but other than that there's not much we can do. Even it doesnt come through we may as well apply anyway. At this time the tourist visa is the only for for us, so we may prepare for it as much as we can and give it our best shot. If we fail I'll just go to fiji, I'm sure there are worst places to be!

Dfc2013
Newly Registered

Re: Scared :(

Post by Dfc2013 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:35 am

I wonder if anyone can help me?

My Turkish boyfriend was granted the tourist visa last year, he was given 6 month multi entry, we wrote in the letter for 2 weeks at christmas, so he then he came back in february for 8 weeks until work began as he had multi entry. That time around my parents didn't say he was their daughters Boyfriend, just a family friend.

This year we are wondering whether to say that he is their daughters boyfriend this time, however I am just under 18 and he is 24 near,y 25 (please do not judge) would this effect on whether they grant the tourist visa? Or should we just stick with a family friend?

Also in the invite shall we say he intends to stay for a intially a month but we want 6 months max. Multi entry just incase? Or will they just give 6 months anyway?

Thanks