ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Same Day visa got done :) - My Experience

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:42 am

Ashwin G wrote:Many Thanks Sai,
My problem is that my company issues the generic "whomsoever it may concern" letters as e-letters only for the actual letter head letters They are asking for counsulate name and the moment I tell them UKBA, I could be in trouble.

but is being employed really a requirement for tier 1.

Bit confused so would really value your advice.

Regards,
Ashwin
saisundeep wrote:
Ashwin G wrote:Thanks for sharing your experience Sundeep, I also have a face to face appointment next week and could only get the minimal documentation ready, may I request you to have a look at my case and suggest if this looks fine to you.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=58476

Would be a great help.

Many Thanks,
Ashwin
1. According to me employer letter is must doc,just get a To Whomsoever letter stating that you are employed there since when and whats your disignation.. that's it... so you dont have to tell them you need letter for hsmp
2. attested salary slips are fine
3. NARIC certificate is not imp since your university is listed down in pbs cal and you have letter from my college director
Employer letter is not mandatory.

saisundeep

Post by saisundeep » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:48 am

My problem is that my company issues the generic "whomsoever it may concern" letters as e-letters only for the actual letter head letters They are asking for counsulate name and the moment I tell them UKBA, I could be in trouble.

Regards,
Ashwin
saisundeep wrote:
Ashwin G wrote:Thanks for sharing your experience Sundeep, I also have a face to face appointment next week and could only get the minimal documentation ready, may I request you to have a look at my case and suggest if this looks fine to you.

Would be a great help.

Many Thanks,
Ashwin
1. According to me employer letter is must doc,just get a To Whomsoever letter stating that you are employed there since when and whats your disignation.. that's it... so you dont have to tell them you need letter for hsmp
3. NARIC certificate is not imp since your university is listed down in pbs cal and you have letter from my college director
what if you say only ' To Visa Officer' only and you can give any excuse related to your Europe trip saying this letter you might use in French or Italian embassy at the moment you have not decided where would you go coz of the tentative interview dates, whichever you will get first you will go there...
I am sorry I am not supposed to advise you any lie but thats all i can think of at the moment but if i were you i would say straight that i am applying for hsmp...

saisundeep

Re: Please advice the list of documents required in intervie

Post by saisundeep » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:49 am

aruni4470 wrote:
saisundeep wrote:
ankushtyagi wrote:Hi,
I have an appointment scheduled for 19th July at the same place. Could you let me know the documents required besides the ones listed below

1. Passport
2. Bank statement for Maintenance Funds (3 months)
3. Payslips and Bank statements for Previous earnings
4. IELTS certificate for english laugauge
5. Graduation degree and Marksheet for qualifications
6. Cover letter
7. Appointment printout.

Any other documents required. I am only applying for myself.

Thanks,
Ankush
1. Payslips and bank stat for prev earnings should be for last 1 yr ( bank stat should be original if not then get stat on bank letter head get a stamp)
2. Employer letter?? you need one employer letter as well, just stating your designation and when you have joined the company
Employer letter is not mandatory. Although having one will be good.
I would not put my case in any doubt so its better to have one

Ashwin G
Newly Registered

Post by Ashwin G » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:50 am

Many Thanks Aruni, I should have seen your reply to Ankush above.

Thanks!
Ashwin

Ashwin G
Newly Registered

Re: Please advice the list of documents required in intervie

Post by Ashwin G » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:01 am

saisundeep wrote:

Regards,
Ashwin
saisundeep wrote:

Would be a great help.

Many Thanks,
Ashwin
what if you say only ' To Visa Officer' only and you can give any excuse related to your Europe trip saying this letter you might use in French or Italian embassy at the moment you have not decided where would you go coz of the tentative interview dates, whichever you will get first you will go there...
I am sorry I am not supposed to advise you any lie but thats all i can think of at the moment but if i were you i would say straight that i am applying for hsmp...

No Please advice me :)
What I plan to do now is -

1) Take one generic reference letter (e-letter) and print that in colour which has logo. and also states that the issuer could be contacted for further information

2) Try to get this e-letter attested if possible. (unlikely)

3) Will not take reference letter for any other consulate as if I show that to UKBA then it may complicate the matter and wont look good

Now since reference letter is not mandatory, I guess it should be good enough (with my payslips)

Many Thanks!
Ashwin

ashvar123

Thank You Sai

Post by ashvar123 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:52 am

Hi Sai,

Many THanks, if you can send me the coverletters that helps me a lot.
I shall approach you if I have any queries on the application form.

my mail id - ashvar123@yahoo.com
- Ashvar

ashvar123

Many Thanks - Address Query

Post by ashvar123 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:07 am

Have one more query, while filling the application I found -

Section B13 - PBS Certificate number is having one box less than the referne number i have to fill, do I need to skip any common character in these.. or can I just can I complete on a imaginary box..(sounds to be a silly question but do not want to risk on Pounds;))

Main query - Page 12 where i need to fill my address in UK for the past two years, I have a two month break where I visited India do I need mention this in cover letter.

Also should I take an additional print of this page to cover two complete years of my previous stay..?
- Ashvar

ashvar123

Reply please

Post by ashvar123 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:18 am

Guys can you please reply to the query above..
- Ashvar

hshaikh
Newly Registered

Post by hshaikh » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:26 pm

Hi Saisundeep,Thnx for the info I just wanted to ask whn u applied for ur wife's visa alongside yours,Did u fill up a separate dependant form for her? Our appt is 2morrow.Thanx in advance.

vennk0

Re: Same day Visa

Post by vennk0 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:17 pm

once you have booked the dates let me know i can help you with documentation etc...[/quote]

HI Sai,

I booked my date for applying in person.

Can you please let me know the documentation I need to carry apart from application form and

1. Age - Passport
2. Earnings proof - Bank statements and Payslips
3. maintenance of funds proof - Bank statements and Letter from bank
4. English - IELTS score card
5. Degree - Masters degree and NARIC Certificate confirming that my degree is master's degree

Please advise.

ashvar123

for Shaikh

Post by ashvar123 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:49 pm

hshaikh wrote:Hi Saisundeep,Thnx for the info I just wanted to ask whn u applied for ur wife's visa alongside yours,Did u fill up a separate dependant form for her? Our appt is 2morrow.Thanx in advance.
Hi Shaikh,

Not sure if you have filled PBS Dependant application form for you wife..

Are you applying with in UK, To the best of my knowledge, your dependant should use the following application form

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ation1.pdf

Also check for the following link which gives good amount of information -
On the right hand pane of the following page you will find links to download application forms/guidance and Supporting evidences required

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... s/#header1

Mate if you have not filled this so far then better cancel the appointment or postpone it.

Regards,
Ashok
- Ashvar

mbandi
Newly Registered

Post by mbandi » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:45 am

Hello,

Can u pls let me know whether u switched to tiier1 from tier2 ict or tier2 general..........

because i want to switch from tier2ict to tier1 in uk and confused whether i can do tht in uk or not

please give your replay soon as i want to apply in july 1st week...

thanks in advance

ashvar123

hello

Post by ashvar123 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:50 am

Hi ,

I am still switching from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 1, my appointment is next next week.
- Ashvar

mbandi
Newly Registered

Post by mbandi » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:17 pm

sorry iam asking abt the person who told he got his visa in one day in sheffield did he switch to tier1 from tier2ict or tier2 general...

Thanks in advance

pelican2016

Applying by post

Post by pelican2016 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:48 am

Hi,

I am on tier 2 ICT along with my dependent and planning to apply for tier 1 general via post. Could you please send me the format of cover letter for dependent. Also do I need to show any residence proof and council tax details?

What is the cost difference if we apply by post or in person one day service?

I have photos which I took it in india last month as per UKBA photo format will that be ok or do I need to keep the latest one from UK.

Cheers
Abdul

krthn
Newly Registered

Post by krthn » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:01 pm

HI SAI GARU,

CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHETHER YOU HAVE BOOKED UR APPOINTMENT DIRECTLY OR WITH ANY SOLICITER??

IF YOU HAVE BOOKED WITH ANY SOLICITER HOW MUCH IL THEY CHARGE??

I TRIED CALLING FOR APPOINTMENT BUT THERE IS NO RESPONSE

CAN U PLS GIVE ME MORE INFO.ABT BOOKING APPOINTMENT

THANKS IN ADVANCE

ashvar123

Hello

Post by ashvar123 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:15 pm

Hai Krthn Garu,

Did you try revisiting the site, we managed to get a date for June 24th after trying the website very frequently during the day.. try from morning 09:00 till 16:00.. you may definitely get it..

Good Luck..

Regards,
Ash

pelican2016

Post by pelican2016 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:43 pm

experts could you please post your comments to the above.

Thanks and Regards
Abdul

ashvar123

Re: Applying by post

Post by ashvar123 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:25 pm

razakab wrote:Hi,

I am on tier 2 ICT along with my dependent and planning to apply for tier 1 general via post. Could you please send me the format of cover letter for dependent. Also do I need to show any residence proof and council tax details?

What is the cost difference if we apply by post or in person one day service?

I have photos which I took it in india last month as per UKBA photo format will that be ok or do I need to keep the latest one from UK.

Cheers
Abdul
Hi,

I have few answers -

Cost for application - got the information from application itself
By post - (840 (main applicant) + 129 (Dependant))
In Person (1095 (main applicant) + 154 (Dependant)) - when applied together

not sure why are asking about reseidence proof, I did not see and requriement to provide residence prrofs, where did you get this information from..?

Also for cover letter check the sticky note, or wait untill 24th June I shall share my cover letters if I am thru..in the mean while read the policy guidance and immigration rules throughly

Regards,
Ash

d1o

Post by d1o » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:54 am

Just wanted to know if there is a waiting area at the Sheffield PEO. I mean if I went with someone (cos I'd have to drive from London to Sheffield) would they be allowed into the office with me, even if they had to wait in reception or a lounge while I went about my business.

Secondly, did you have to staple your application form (it's 75 pages) and did you also have to submit photocopies of the form as well?

thanks.

sharooqh
Newly Registered

Same day Tier 1 visa for dependant

Post by sharooqh » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:17 pm

I am on Tier 1 visa and working in the UK since July 2008. I have got married recently in India and my wife is staying in India. My wife's visa application from India got rejected due to shortage of funds. I would like to re apply for a Tier-1 dependant visa for my wife from the UK since I have the required funds available for 3 months on my account.
Is it possible for me to apply for her from here using the Same day service, and what documents are required for this.
Is she required to give her Biometric details?

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:12 pm

Dependants have to make their applications from their country of residence.

mjose
Newly Registered

Salary slip without office sign/seal

Post by mjose » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:54 am

My company doesnt provide salary slip on office stationary and neither do they sign/seal it on A4 sheet.
I only have bank statment with seal and sign.
Will my visa be rejected?

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Re: Salary slip without office sign/seal

Post by hsmp1412 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:33 pm

mjose wrote:My company doesnt provide salary slip on office stationary and neither do they sign/seal it on A4 sheet.
I only have bank statment with seal and sign.
Will my visa be rejected?
This has already been answered elsewhere.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:06 pm

d1o wrote:Just wanted to know if there is a waiting area at the Sheffield PEO. I mean if I went with someone (cos I'd have to drive from London to Sheffield) would they be allowed into the office with me, even if they had to wait in reception or a lounge while I went about my business.

Secondly, did you have to staple your application form (it's 75 pages) and did you also have to submit photocopies of the form as well?

thanks.
Only those with valid appointments are allowed in. No other visitors are entertained.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer