ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Limited Company on student visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jonny1234
Newly Registered

Limited Company on student visa

Post by jonny1234 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:54 pm

Hi All,

I am applying for PSW next week, i have all the point needed for PSW but i made a mistake, i opened a limited company while i was on student visa, now i came to knwo that you cant open limited company on student visa, i havent done any business on it nor i opened any business account.

Can some one please advise will it be wise to apply PSW as i am afraid i will get rejected.. if not what should i do before applying PSW.

Thanks
Jonny

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:10 am

you are in a wrong... there is no way you can get away with this if HO gets suspicious.

Do NOT declare it in your application form because you will get refusal straight away. you might be able to get away with it if you havent earned loads of money while on student visa. becaue if you have, then they will be more thorough with background checks, otherwise you might get away with it.

regards

ash786
BANNED

Re: Limited Company on student visa

Post by ash786 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:05 pm

jonny1234 wrote:Hi All,

I am applying for PSW next week, i have all the point needed for PSW but i made a mistake, i opened a limited company while i was on student visa, now i came to knwo that you cant open limited company on student visa, i havent done any business on it nor i opened any business account.

Can some one please advise will it be wise to apply PSW as i am afraid i will get rejected.. if not what should i do before applying PSW.

Thanks
Jonny
1. U had a company in u name regardless the status of the business.
2. U can not do much about it.
3. Its all down to HO now if they want to make any checks on you.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:13 pm

i opened a limited company while i was on student visa, now i came to knwo that you cant open limited company on student visa, i havent done any business on it nor i opened any business account.
Anyone, from any part of the world, whether or not they have nationality or immigration rights giving them ability to work in the Uk, can register a limited company in the UK.

And given we have been told that the company is dormant I really don't see a problem here. If the OP had been working for the company that they own, well that would be a different matter.
John

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:04 pm

John wrote:
i opened a limited company while i was on student visa, now i came to knwo that you cant open limited company on student visa, i havent done any business on it nor i opened any business account.
Anyone, from any part of the world, whether or not they have nationality or immigration rights giving them ability to work in the Uk, can register a limited company in the UK.

And given we have been told that the company is dormant I really don't see a problem here. If the OP had been working for the company that they own, well that would be a different matter.
1. HO says " u can not engage uself in self employment" now wud that be an engagement or not difficult to say.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:11 pm

He hasn't engaged in self-employment. The company is dormant.
John

marakby
Newly Registered

Post by marakby » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:42 am

I agree with John. The company is dormant. full stop. He has not engaged in business yet.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:13 am

it comes down to the definition of "engagement" in this context.

If there are two people on a student visa, one who has a limited company registered in his name and the other one who hasnt done anything of this sort... well who has "engaged" in employment while on a student visa!!!!

IMHO the guy with ltd. company has indeed engaged himself in business but i leave it to your interpretation.

regards

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:14 am

arsenal49, the company is dormant. It is "sleeping". It has not started conducting business.
John