ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

rules of today or of future :)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manuelaux

rules of today or of future :)

Post by manuelaux » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:16 pm

Hi everyone!

Just one question. If I apply for Tier1 visa today ... Then I get one, go to live to UK ... And after 2 years I decide to extend my visa for next 3 years ... In that case, when I apply for extension ... Am I then under rules that were valid on day when I applied for visa for first time (today) or under the new rules that would be valid on the date I apply for my extension ?

Thanx!

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Re: rules of today or of future :)

Post by aspirant99 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:54 pm

manuelaux wrote:Hi everyone!

Just one question. If I apply for Tier1 visa today ... Then I get one, go to live to UK ... And after 2 years I decide to extend my visa for next 3 years ... In that case, when I apply for extension ... Am I then under rules that were valid on day when I applied for visa for first time (today) or under the new rules that would be valid on the date I apply for my extension ?

Thanx!
usually the extension rules that you have applied under at the time for your initial application should apply..