ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR & Education

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

harry7476

ILR & Education

Post by harry7476 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:28 am

Hi,

Can you kindly help me to understand whether my education will put obstacles in ILR.

I am on Tier I right now. I will be applying for ILR in Feb 2013.

I plan to study within UK between 2011 till last half of 2012.
- Will i need to change my visa category?
- Wiill this impact my ILR adversely as i will have been a student just before i apply?
- From end of 2012 i expect to be working in UK

Thanks a lot.

senthil78
Member of Standing

Re: ILR & Education

Post by senthil78 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:59 am

harry7476 wrote:Hi,

Can you kindly help me to understand whether my education will put obstacles in ILR.

I am on Tier I right now. I will be applying for ILR in Feb 2013.

I plan to study within UK between 2011 till last half of 2012.
- Will i need to change my visa category?
- Wiill this impact my ILR adversely as i will have been a student just before i apply?
- From end of 2012 i expect to be working in UK

Thanks a lot.
How do you prove that you have been economically active for 5 years if you are student for 2 years?

harry7476

economic activity

Post by harry7476 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:33 pm

i will end up having a job for the first 3 years and then for the last 6 months before ilr..so 3.6 yrs out of 5..will have a mortgage that i will be paying while in studies..but will this suffice..from ur reply it seems that this won't..still do let me know..thanks

shs213

Re: economic activity

Post by shs213 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:47 pm

harry7476 wrote:i will end up having a job for the first 3 years and then for the last 6 months before ilr..so 3.6 yrs out of 5..will have a mortgage that i will be paying while in studies..but will this suffice..from ur reply it seems that this won't..still do let me know..thanks
why not study part time and continue working FT?

Tier#1 visas are for professinals, therefore the preference is to see people actively contributing to the economy...

You might get away with your plan, but 2012 is too far in the future - thr rules may change by the time.... I wouldnt risk taking FT studies though...