ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship for my daughter born outside the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajat_s
Newly Registered

Citizenship for my daughter born outside the UK

Post by rajat_s » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:18 pm

My daughter was born outside the UK in July 2008 and has been with me in the UK since Sep 2008 and on ILR since June 2009 (when I got it). I am eligible to apply for my UK citizenship this month. a) Is my daughter eligible to apply with me even though she was born outside the UK? My wife has an ILR but is not applying for citizenship this year, b) Does the home office look at child's absence in the last one year as well? Thanks in advance

JAJ
Australia

Re: Citizenship for my daughter born outside the UK

Post by JAJ » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:01 am

rajat_s wrote:My daughter was born outside the UK in July 2008 and has been with me in the UK since Sep 2008 and on ILR since June 2009 (when I got it). I am eligible to apply for my UK citizenship this month. a) Is my daughter eligible to apply with me even though she was born outside the UK? My wife has an ILR but is not applying for citizenship this year, b) Does the home office look at child's absence in the last one year as well? Thanks in advance
a. yes.
b. no, at least not for a child under 13 and living in the UK, normally.