ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:09 pm

snipered wrote:
Q4sim wrote:9.1 Is there any other information you wish to be considered as part of your application?

Hey everyone, what did you guys put under the above section in the VAF 4A application form?
All the evidence is already attached in my wifes application, so I cant think of anything for her to write other then please see supporting documents.
Did you not say that you did not stay with your wife. Well this is the section to explain it in. Explain the situation without waffling, just get to the point.

Explain anything else that you think the eco should know.
I did stay with my wife when I was in Pakistan. Our situation has been clearly stated in our covering letters. If I add it again in here it will be duplicating. Not to sure what to write. Any help please Batleykhan?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:01 am

Q4sim wrote:
snipered wrote:
Q4sim wrote:9.1 Is there any other information you wish to be considered as part of your application?

Hey everyone, what did you guys put under the above section in the VAF 4A application form?
All the evidence is already attached in my wifes application, so I cant think of anything for her to write other then please see supporting documents.
Did you not say that you did not stay with your wife. Well this is the section to explain it in. Explain the situation without waffling, just get to the point.

I did stay with my wife when I was in Pakistan. Our situation has been clearly stated in our covering letters. If I add it again in here it will be duplicating. Not to sure what to write. Any help please Batleykhan?
The less you say the better otherwise you are going too get yourself in a pickle. There is no need to write in this section as you have already said everything in covering letter :roll:

Fatima Jamal

Post by Fatima Jamal » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:19 pm

can some one help me in answering my query? thanks

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:50 pm

Q4sim state your hobbies in that section :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
Batley khan has already explained there is no need to write any thing in that last space in the VAF4A form,i assume its for people who have complex or rather complicated immigration history and which needs some clarification so this space could be further used up to explain the answers given to the questions in the form.
You have already included your covering letter so just leave this space blank or you could open up a can of worms :?
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:17 pm

Fatima Jamal wrote:can some one help me in answering my query? thanks
Go for appeal,i am not an immigration expert so i could only suggest you that you should appeal as quickly as possible instead of wasting your time in deciding between the review or the appeal.
Review takes ages and remember its on the will of BHC whether they reconsider thier decision or not so i could only suggest you that you should go for the appeal and remember your application will be automatically reviewed as part of the appeal process immediately by the ECM and according to your situation it is highly likely that the initial decision will be overturned but provided that your situation is thoroughly explained in the form.
As far as review is concerned i will oppose it strongly as it will merely add up to your misery as unlimited wait to hear any thing from the BHC and you will have to wait any thing between 3-4months,while on the other hand appeal will get your case through proper channel.
Remember your case will be reviewed automatically once you launch the appeal and in this stage it will be reviwed by the ECM in the light of the grounds of your appeal and then Ecm has two options to go for:1.overturn the decision and issue visa or hold the intial decision of refusal and in this case your appeal will proceed to the tribunal for further hearing by the immigration judge.
I am not sure whether you have a full right of appeal or limited right of appeal??? :roll:
Above is all based on my limited knowledge and learnt from this forum.
You have 28 days to appeal from the date you received your notice of refusal.

Fatima Jamal

Post by Fatima Jamal » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:26 pm

thanks a lot :) i will go for appeal option then..

i dont know abt limited or full appeal.. its just written that u have entitled to appeal.. but once again thanks a lot

Bj Touch
Newly Registered

Best of Luck everyone

Post by Bj Touch » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:53 pm

My dua's are with CRT7 & NAZIA786 & any other person(s) waiting for decision or going for appeal.

Asif121
Newly Registered

Post by Asif121 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:37 pm

Is200 wrote:would anyone know why the application is sent to Islamabad to be processed after being checked by the UK HMC??
hello Is200, good news to hear that a decision has been made on ur application an inshallah it will be a successful one, i notice that u an my cousin both submitted applications for ur wives on same day on 31st march 2010 at the Lahore, u might know him from here too as i referred him to this website when he started panicking a few weeks ago just to calm his nerves and talk to other people in the same boat his username is Rav4u, i prepared his whole application for him from experience from my own succesful application at Lahore last year in october 2009,

jus to explain to urself an some other people on her after extensive research and having a friend who works for the home office in immigration this is what i have been told

1., u submit ur application at relevant VAC eg. Lahore, Islamabad, Mirpur etc
2. gerrys/fedex send the whole file off to the British high commission in islambad and it is here that they take out the applicants Pakistani passport and keep it here, they then forward the whole pack to UK HUB in London.
3. UKHUB does the neccessary checks and makes the decision and keeps the photocopy set, of which photocopies and original application form are also kept on file at BHC in islamabad.
4. once decision has been made by an ECO ur file with original documents is sent back to BHC in islamabad, and if it is a successful decision then at BHC in islamabad is where ur Visa sticker is stamped and applied to the Pakistani passport with some information documents thrown in about ur Visa or refusal letter with info on wat to do next.
5. BHC send the passport along with ur original docs via fedex back to ur relevant VAC like lahore etc,
6. once it arrives back at gerrys VAC they then call u to come an collect ur papers,

please remember this guys that gerrys an VAC's have no way of knowing the outcome of ur decision as the whole app is sealed and should reach u unopened back at the VAC.

Although there was rumours of quite a few people who got stung last year who had successfull Visas granted where peoples applications being deliberately held onto by corrupt pakis in the VAC's who wud then call the applicants demanding money to say that they wud get them the visa if a certain amount was paid, rumour has it that they were being fed information from people working in BHC informing them on certain decisions so just by knowing the applicants name and being told by someone in BHC that the visa was granted, they wud hold onto it, then call u up asking for speed money etc, do not fall for this in anyway !!!

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:59 pm

batleykhan wrote:
Q4sim wrote:
snipered wrote:

The less you say the better otherwise you are going too get yourself in a pickle. There is no need to write in this section as you have already said everything in covering letter :roll:
Thanks Batleykhan and navalaviator :) Going to leave that blank. Another problem solved

Fatima Jamal

Post by Fatima Jamal » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:01 pm

Also one more question,is it possible to file for a fresh application while u have filed for an appeal? i was thinking that if i file for an appeal andit takes too long then can i file for a fresh visa?

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:02 pm

Asif121 wrote:
Is200 wrote:would anyone know why the application is sent to Islamabad to be processed after being checked by the UK HMC??
hello Is200, good news to hear that a decision has been made on ur application an inshallah it will be a successful one, i notice that u an my cousin both submitted applications for ur wives on same day on 31st march 2010 at the Lahore, u might know him from here too as i referred him to this website when he started panicking a few weeks ago just to calm his nerves and talk to other people in the same boat his username is Rav4u, i prepared his whole application for him from experience from my own succesful application at Lahore last year in october 2009,

jus to explain to urself an some other people on her after extensive research and having a friend who works for the home office in immigration this is what i have been told

1., u submit ur application at relevant VAC eg. Lahore, Islamabad, Mirpur etc
2. gerrys/fedex send the whole file off to the British high commission in islambad and it is here that they take out the applicants Pakistani passport and keep it here, they then forward the whole pack to UK HUB in London.
3. UKHUB does the neccessary checks and makes the decision and keeps the photocopy set, of which photocopies and original application form are also kept on file at BHC in islamabad.
4. once decision has been made by an ECO ur file with original documents is sent back to BHC in islamabad, and if it is a successful decision then at BHC in islamabad is where ur Visa sticker is stamped and applied to the Pakistani passport with some information documents thrown in about ur Visa or refusal letter with info on wat to do next.
5. BHC send the passport along with ur original docs via fedex back to ur relevant VAC like lahore etc,
6. once it arrives back at gerrys VAC they then call u to come an collect ur papers,

please remember this guys that gerrys an VAC's have no way of knowing the outcome of ur decision as the whole app is sealed and should reach u unopened back at the VAC.

Although there was rumours of quite a few people who got stung last year who had successfull Visas granted where peoples applications being deliberately held onto by corrupt pakis in the VAC's who wud then call the applicants demanding money to say that they wud get them the visa if a certain amount was paid, rumour has it that they were being fed information from people working in BHC informing them on certain decisions so just by knowing the applicants name and being told by someone in BHC that the visa was granted, they wud hold onto it, then call u up asking for speed money etc, do not fall for this in anyway !!!
Thanks for the usefull information :D

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:07 pm

5.1 What are your current personal circumstances?.

Hey guys, i'm not sure what my wife should put in this section as it seems as if she falls under 2 categories. She is unemployed and is living with her parents at the moment.

Should she put a cross in the "Unemployed" or the "Supported by spouse / partner / other family member, please give full fetails in the box including their relationship to you" section.

Any ideas?

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:20 pm

Q4sim wrote:5.1 What are your current personal circumstances?.

Hey guys, i'm not sure what my wife should put in this section as it seems as if she falls under 2 categories. She is unemployed and is living with her parents at the moment.

Should she put a cross in the "Unemployed" or the "Supported by spouse / partner / other family member, please give full fetails in the box including their relationship to you" section.

Any ideas?
A rather tricky question,Batley khan could advise that which one needs to be crossed :roll:

SF786

Assalamoalaikum

Post by SF786 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:09 am

BismillahirRahmaniraheem

I am new to this forum and this is my first ever post :lol: although I have been following the info on here for a few days.
My husband submitted his paperwork on 07May10. Still waiting... :roll:
He gets text updates but the last one he got was on 11May10 saying the paperwork has been forwarded to the BHC for processing. Haven't heard anything since.
I wanted to know how do you guys check your status online? I only have the GRY-PK reference which doesn't work!
Also like to wish everyone good luck with their applications :)
"If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it"

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:41 am

Aoq, every1 i am new here. I have been reading everyone's post and i find that this site is very useful for every1, especially for those who want to know information regarding their settlement case.

I want to thank (Asif121) who gave full description of how the process goes i thank you so much i have been searching for this information!

I have also submitted my husbands case end of May, i am still awaiting to hear from BHC.

I am praying for everyone who is awaiting to hear good news inshallah!

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:45 am

AOA

I also submited my spouse visa application 2nd time on 08/06/2010 from Mirpur and now waiting game is start again my first application was refused in 2008 becouse at thime my Sponser was not working and now she works and we submited our application so please Dua for me that i will get the visa this time inshallah everybody will get new,s .

NAZ786

Re: Assalamoalaikum

Post by NAZ786 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:56 am

This is how to check your status online? The GRY-PK reference will not go throught i tried it myself. When you get text message you will see this reference number.

Aoq, you need to get the reference number from the reciept which gives this Ref no: If its Islamabad it will show like this ISL/123456/654321/0 &
enter his D.O.B like this 15/06/1982 this is an example.

It depends on where you submitted your application? Mirpur, Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi have their own Reference's i.e. ISL for Islamabad.

I hope you find this information useful Inshallah!

SF786

Post by SF786 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:17 am

JazakAllah kheir NAZ786 that's very helpful but I've asked my husband several times if there is a different reference number on the receipt and he says no! I'll ask him again! :)

Tasawwar we submitted at Mirpur too so me and you are just a day apart. InshaAllah Allah behtarr karey ga! Gota be positive!
"If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it"

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:42 am

AOA

Saf786 thanks for motivation but aap ko shayed andaza nai kay 2 years apnay partner say door rehna its relly hard for real couples and this visa game make our lifes hell becouse the ECO,s even dont think about application positive i dont no why they looking for week points even if the applicant is follow the immigration rules but the ECO,s come throw other ways and refused the applications of little little mistakes .

Buss main to sab kay liay dua kerta hon kay Allah kisi ko bhi refusal walay chaker main na dalay coz i face appeal process and refusal process since 2008 and now again Allah nay Himat de or main or meri wife nay strongly application submit kia becouse end of the day we have to live togather coz Allah nay jo pairs bana diay un ko koi bhi nai toor sakta i belive on that . so every body be strong .

Or han Saf786 aap nay khud submit kia kay Mirpur say ya aap ke wife nay? i mean to say who is in Pakistan as applicant?

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:47 am

SF786 aap apnay husband say bolo kay receipt kay oper aik refrance no likha howa hay which is like this QML/145242/45454/4 ok Mirpur say yehi refrance milta hay on visa receipt .

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:48 am

SF786 aap apnay husband say bolo kay receipt kay oper aik refrance no likha howa hay which is like this QML/145242/45454/4 ok Mirpur say yehi refrance milta hay on visa receipt .

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:00 pm

Aoq, SAF786

Please tell him to check on the receipt. The Reference number is definitley on there, Because my husband gave me the GRY Ref number which did not work, and then he checked the receipt and gave me the correct Reference number.

Please go to this website and check Track your application:

https://www.vfsglobal.org/UKG-PassportT ... /ddzHqXg==

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:45 pm

navalaviator wrote:
Q4sim wrote:5.1 What are your current personal circumstances?.

Any ideas?
A rather tricky question,Batley khan could advise that which one needs to be crossed :roll:
I agree.. We need you Batley :)

Is200
Newly Registered

Post by Is200 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:26 pm

Thanks navalaviator
appreciate your help, really helps. Inshallah waiting for some news soon.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:16 pm

Wow few new people have joined :D
Kaidee how you doin mate??? :D Hopefully you will hear something soon.

@Q4sim:How far you have gone with your application,i mean whats left to be sorted out? :roll: