ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and long absence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shibu
Newly Registered

ILR and long absence

Post by shibu » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:11 pm

Hello all,

My ILR is due on oct 18 2010 whereby i would have completed 5 years.
My entry in uk was on 18-N0v-2005 (Work permit)

On 24-Sep 2006 i was diagnosed with leukemia and i went back to india for my treatment.
I returned back to uk on 07-03-2007 and continuing my treatment here.

I have been outside the country for 165 days on a continuous basis and i have taken further 31 days as holidays outside uk.
There has been no break in my employment and i have not changed my employer during these five years.
I have medical records and documents for my treatment in india.
Kindly advise if my case could be considered on compassionate grounds for indefinite leave to remain.

thanks and regards
Shibu

senthil78
Member of Standing

Re: ILR and long absence

Post by senthil78 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:36 pm

shibu wrote:Hello all,

My ILR is due on oct 18 2010 whereby i would have completed 5 years.
My entry in uk was on 18-N0v-2005 (Work permit)

On 24-Sep 2006 i was diagnosed with leukemia and i went back to india for my treatment.
I returned back to uk on 07-03-2007 and continuing my treatment here.

I have been outside the country for 165 days on a continuous basis and i have taken further 31 days as holidays outside uk.
There has been no break in my employment and i have not changed my employer during these five years.
I have medical records and documents for my treatment in india.
Kindly advise if my case could be considered on compassionate grounds for indefinite leave to remain.

thanks and regards
Shibu
Yes, you have valid reason and you can argue on compassionate ground. Apply with proper covering letter with all the evidence. It is upto the case worker and may apply discretion.

shibu
Newly Registered

Post by shibu » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:32 pm

hi,

Is it adviseable to go through a solicitor or to make application my own?
regards
shibu

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:44 pm

shibu wrote:hi,

Is it adviseable to go through a solicitor or to make application my own?
regards
shibu
If your application is straight forward apart from the absense due to your illness (which is easily explained) then there should be no need for a solicitor. It's an additional £1000 which is a lot of money.

You can seek free initial advice, any good solicitor would refuse to take your case if they think it is a straight forward case.