ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA3 Application - residential requirements

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kAB
Newly Registered

EEA3 Application - residential requirements

Post by kAB » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:14 pm

Does anyone know the residential requirements for PR (EEA3) application for an EEA national?

I have found the residential requirement for "ILR route" which is:
The applicant:-
* been resident in the UK for at least five years; and
* not spent more than 450 days outside the UK during the five-year period; and
* not spent more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months of the five-year period;

Is it the same days spent outside UK for an EEA national as well for EEA route (PR) application similar to ILR route application?

(Apologies for re-posting, if this topic has been discussed earlier, please provide me with the link)

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:11 pm

Must reside in the UK for at least 6 months of every year leading up to PR (except in exceptional circumstances where absences for up to 1 year may be overlooked0.

See the UKBA website for more information.

kAB
Newly Registered

Post by kAB » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:03 pm

Plum70 wrote: See the UKBA website for more information.
Dear Plum,
Thank you for your reply. Would you be kind to provide me the link or the document with reference please?
I am unable to find it in the net.

Many thanks.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:34 am

it's easy to find on the UKBA website: for general info look at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/ and for details refer to the ECI (chapter 6 is relevant to your case): http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dlaw/ecis/
Permanent residence
After you have lived in the UK for a continuous period of five years, you can apply for confirmation of your permanent residence. You will need to have been in employment, self-employment, studying or self-sufficient in the UK throughout the five-year period.

For your residence in the UK to be considered continuous, you should not be absent from the UK for more than six months each year. However, longer absences for compulsory military service will not affect your residence. Additionally, a single absence of up to 12 months for important reasons such as pregnancy, childbirth, serious illness, study, vocational training or posting overseas will not affect your residence.

EEA and Swiss nationals will be issued with a document confirming that they are permanent residents in the UK. This document has no expiry date.

If you are an EEA or Swiss national and you want to apply for confirmation of your permanent residence, you must complete application form EEA3.

kAB
Newly Registered

Post by kAB » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:02 am

fysicus wrote:Additionally, a single absence of up to 12 months for important reasons such as pregnancy, childbirth, serious illness, study, vocational training or posting overseas will not affect your residence.
Thank you very much fysicus for the links and info.

Does anyone know if the "posting overseas" means posts from an UK organisation outwith the UK (or if any job taken outside UK with a non-UK employer counts as well?)

I was in the UK starting Jan 2008 for almost a year and went away from here to study for 5 months and took a job in South America for 4 months before coming back to UK in July 2009.

Will the "single absence of up to 12 months for important reasons" clause will be valid for me to count my residence from Jan 2008 to apply for the PR in Jan 2013? (as my stay away was less than 12 months=10 months in 2008-2009)

Post from anyone who knows or experience from anyone who was in similar situation would be highly appreciated!
Thanks again

kAB
Newly Registered

Post by kAB » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:56 pm

Is there anyone with some information?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:25 pm

kAB wrote:Does anyone know if the "posting overseas" means posts from an UK organisation outwith the UK
That should be pretty obvious... To be posted there also must be someone to post you. If you take up a new position somewhere else all on your own you haven't been posted.

kAB wrote:I was in the UK starting Jan 2008 for almost a year and went away from here to study for 5 months and took a job in South America for 4 months before coming back to UK in July 2009.

Will the "single absence of up to 12 months for important reasons" clause will be valid for me to count my residence from Jan 2008 to apply for the PR in Jan 2013? (as my stay away was less than 12 months=10 months in 2008-2009)
I don't quite see what important reasons you could argue to have stayed away for more than 6 months. The 5 months of study alone would obviously be ok but how do you want to explain the job for 4 additional months. Was it related to your studies?