ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

taaha
Newly Registered

Post by taaha » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:12 pm

HI EVERYBODY,
I got my approval letter today ,thanks GOD.

DATE OF SUBMISSION=9TH APRIL
HO RECEIVED =12TH APRIL
PAYMENT METHOD=TRANSCASH
CRITERIA=5 YEARS RESIDENCY
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTER=NEVER RECEIVED
DECESION MADE=8TH JUNE confirmed over the phone
DATE OF APPROVAL=10TH JUNE
APPROVAL RECEIVED=TODAY

BEST OF LUCK EVERYBODY TO GET UR APPROVALS.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Re: Any News

Post by joelondon » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:12 pm

fearless2711 wrote:Hi All,

Any news today.

9 weeks passed no news yet, Trying not to call HO. :(

Regards,
well nothing from my part as yet ....its been 5 weeks so far ..and m thinking to call the HO on Wednesday ....

did u call them ??? let me know what number did u use thanks ...and good luck

fearless2711

Post by fearless2711 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:31 pm

joelondon wrote:

Any news today.

Regards,
well nothing from my part as yet ....its been 5 weeks so far ..and m thinking to call the HO on Wednesday ....

I havent called them since last week, I am thinking to wait until next week or so :(

Regards,

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:33 pm

fearless2711 wrote:
joelondon wrote:

Any news today.

Regards,

I havent called them since last week, I am thinking to wait until next week or so :(

Regards,
what was the outcome of the call ???? what did they say ??? was it easy to get hold of them ???

fearless2711

Post by fearless2711 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:36 pm

joelondon wrote:
fearless2711 wrote:
joelondon wrote:

Any news today.

Regards,

Regards,
what was the outcome of the call ???? what did they say ??? was it easy to get hold of them ???
It is difficult to get through the IVR and then the answer is " it is not 6m yet so no status update just wait"

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:36 pm

what number did u use ??? and what options ??? plz thanks ...i may call them now !!!

fearless2711

Post by fearless2711 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:45 pm

joelondon wrote:what number did u use ??? and what options ??? plz thanks ...i may call them now !!!

option 2 and then otion 2 again.

Good Luck, let us know.

Regards,

77rus
Newly Registered

credit file checks by HO as a part of processing our ANs (?)

Post by 77rus » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:44 pm

Hi everyone,

I remember some posts here where it was mentioned that normally HO is checking our credit files while processing our ANs.
As I understood, this is a part of "good character" checks.
If this is true, then checking your own file may help to understand where your application is at the moment.

Questions:
- at what stage this happen?
- which out of 3 agencies they use?
- does HO always make this checks or just sometimes?

Thanks.

NiiKpani

Post by NiiKpani » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:56 pm

fearless2711 wrote:
joelondon wrote:what number did u use ??? and what options ??? plz thanks ...i may call them now !!!

Good Luck, let us know.

Regards,
wow...people must be spending money on this premium rate number. Please be advised that the alternative number to exactly the same office is: 0151 672 5626

Its good to count your pennies and be frugal especially in recession times

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:43 pm

NiiKpani wrote:
fearless2711 wrote:

Good Luck, let us know.

Regards,
wow...people must be spending money on this premium rate number. Please be advised that the alternative number to exactly the same office is: 0151 672 5626

Its good to count your pennies and be frugal especially in recession times
thank you very much for the number ...i will give them a call tomorow afternoon ...by the way where did u get this number from ???

shekel

Re: credit file checks by HO as a part of processing our ANs

Post by shekel » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:54 pm

77rus wrote:Hi everyone,

I remember some posts here where it was mentioned that normally HO is checking our credit files while processing our ANs.
If this is true, then checking your own file may help to understand where your application is at the moment.

Questions:

Thanks.
I think you can know where your application is just by calling them. They will usually tell you either of statuses (if you ask them specific question):

1. under consideration (initial checks?)
2. awaiting allocation to team
3. allocated to team, awaiting allocation to case worker
4. with the case worker
5. decided

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:57 pm

shekel wrote:

Questions:

Thanks.
I think you can know where your application is just by calling them. They will usually tell you either of statuses (if you ask them specific question):

4. with the case worker
5. decided
thank u very much ...well tomorrow m about to call that number ...i have been waiting for about 5 weeks now ...so i will try and see inchalah good news atleast ...wish for me ;)

77rus
Newly Registered

Post by 77rus » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:02 pm

shekel wrote:

Questions:

Thanks.

4. with the case worker
5. decided
Well, you're right, but ... I was not lucky enough to get through initial telephone responce like "As I see, you submitted less than 6m ago, so unfortunately no information available at the moment I'm afraid..."
You suggest asking them like "Was my application already allocated to case worker?" instead of "What is the current status of my application?"
Dont understand the difference and the hardness of answering both questions...

shekel

Post by shekel » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:04 pm

joelondon wrote:
shekel wrote:

Questions:

Thanks.

4. with the case worker
5. decided
thank u very much ...well tomorrow m about to call that number ...i have been waiting for about 5 weeks now ...so i will try and see inchalah good news atleast ...wish for me ;)
5 weeks ... its about time you get your decision. If they say decision was made, ask for DX-secure tracking number, and track it online + you can coordinate delivery. good luck.

shekel

Post by shekel » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:08 pm

77rus wrote:
shekel wrote:

Questions:

Thanks.

4. with the case worker
5. decided
Well, you're right, but ... I was not lucky enough to get through initial telephone responce like "As I see, you submitted less than 6m ago, so unfortunately no information available at the moment I'm afraid..."
You suggest asking them like "Was my application already allocated to case worker?" instead of "What is the current status of my application?"
Dont understand the difference and the hardness of answering both questions...
Try this:

1. Hi, I would like to know the status of my application
2. Give HO REF # + full name + DOB
3. What is the status, and then if they say still under consideration, ask if it was allocated to a team.

Another option you can call and ask them to check if any correspondence was sent to you in the past 2 weeks (since you were out for vacation). That will make them open your file, then ask them "was my case already allocated to a team"

I think its pretty easy to get the status out of them.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:10 pm

shekel wrote:
joelondon wrote:
shekel wrote:

Questions:

Thanks.

4. with the case worker
5. decided
5 weeks ... its about time you get your decision. If they say decision was made, ask for DX-secure tracking number, and track it online + you can coordinate delivery. good luck.
thank u very much mate ...i hope m gona get news soon inchalah ..i applied the 14th May ...;)

shekel

Post by shekel » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:23 pm

joelondon wrote:
shekel wrote:
joelondon wrote:
shekel wrote:

4. with the case worker
5. decided
thank u very much mate ...i hope m gona get news soon inchalah ..i applied the 14th May ...;)
Call them to get status, I am sure they will give you something.

roshan_asher
Newly Registered

Check and send ??

Post by roshan_asher » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:40 am

Hi all,
I sent of my passport application along with my Indian passport on permanent residence visa on it. As we well as my original naturalisation certificate.

I am worried about the check and send service clerk at the post office he put my passport and other documents in a plastic bag but did not close the envelope properly and did not give me a special delivery number only the bar code number is it normal?

Where he supposed to fill the details of item accepted he left it blank as well is it normal?

roshan_asher
Newly Registered

Check and send ??

Post by roshan_asher » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:49 am

Hi all,
I sent of my passport application along with my Indian passport on permanent residence visa on it. As we well as my original naturalisation certificate.

I am worried about the check and send service clerk at the post office he put my passport and other documents in a plastic bag but did not close the envelope properly and did not give me a special delivery number only the bar code number is it normal?

Where he supposed to fill the details of item accepted he left it blank as well is it normal?
-----------------------[
quote="ryze"]NCS or Postal: NCS
Date of submission : 08 April 2010
Received at HO: 09 April 2010
CRITERIA - Spousal Visa +ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 12 April 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: 14 April 2010
Date of receipt of approval: 24 May 2010
Date of Ceremony: 09 June 2010
Date of appln. for passport: 09 june 2010
Method used: Check & Send[/quote]

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:30 am

good morning !!!

i called the HO today and after a long wait in the queue ...the lady told me about the 6m rules ...what a useless people ...i will give them a ring by the end of the week ..or so....

any news anyone !!!! ???

roshan_asher
Newly Registered

Post by roshan_asher » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:03 am

I know the feeling ... put the phone down and ring them again and say progress of the application again if they asked you when did you send it just say i can't remeber.. i will give my details can you look in your system. that's how i got them to read what is writen in the system they are lazy b****s after all you have paid over £700 pounds.
joelondon wrote:good morning !!!

i called the HO today and after a long wait in the queue ...the lady told me about the 6m rules ...what a useless people ...i will give them a ring by the end of the week ..or so....

any news anyone !!!! ???

dadoctor
Newly Registered

Post by dadoctor » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:25 am

roshan_asher wrote:I know the feeling ... put the phone down and ring them again and say progress of the application again if they asked you when did you send it just say i can't remeber.. i will give my details can you look in your system. that's how i got them to read what is writen in the system they are lazy b****s after all you have paid over £700 pounds.

any news anyone !!!! ???
Can I suggest not to call them so frequently. I am speaking from personal experience. They can tell you how many times you have called. The lady even told me when I had called last. She was not happy when they clearly say it may take up to six months. I know its hard not to ring them. But after I felt embarrassed when she told me how many times I had called (10 times in 1.5 months), I stopped calling them altogether and it took 1 month from that call. My application took 2.5 months although it was very straightforward.

fearless2711

Agreed

Post by fearless2711 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:07 pm

dadoctor wrote:
roshan_asher wrote:I know the feeling ... put the phone down and ring them again and say progress of the application again if they asked you when did you send it just say i can't remeber.. i will give my details can you look in your system. that's how i got them to read what is writen in the system they are lazy b****s after all you have paid over £700 pounds.

any news anyone !!!! ???
Can I suggest not to call them so frequently. I am speaking from personal experience. They can tell you how many times you have called. The lady even told me when I had called last. She was not happy when they clearly say it may take up to six months. I know its hard not to ring them. But after I felt embarrassed when she told me how many times I had called (10 times in 1.5 months), I stopped calling them altogether and it took 1 month from that call. My application took 2.5 months although it was very straightforward.
That what I am trying to do as well, I havent called them since last 10 days now, just want to keep it this way until next 5 weeks then contact them if I dont hear any thing from them until then.

Regards,

joelondon
Member of Standing

Re: Agreed

Post by joelondon » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:25 pm

fearless2711 wrote:
dadoctor wrote:

any news anyone !!!! ???
That what I am trying to do as well, I havent called them since last 10 days now, just want to keep it this way until next 5 weeks then contact them if I dont hear any thing from them until then.

Regards,
well m not willing to call them anymore ..i will wait and see ...god is with us all ...lets hope we gona hear from them very soon ...good luck to everyone ...including my self ..;)

holychild
Newly Registered

Post by holychild » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:34 pm

NCS or Postal: NCS
Date of submission : 20 May 2010
Received at HO: 25 May 2010
CRITERIA - Spousal Visa +ILR
received acknowledgement letter dated 27 may 2010 saying payment was not enclosed. dont know how that happened though??? NCS ???
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 3 June 2010 (phoned them up on the 3rd and they took payment over the phone)
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: received another one confirming payment received on the 5th june 2010
Date of receipt of approval: 21 June 2010 dated 16 June 2010
Date of Ceremony: 01 July 2010 (private £70 at weybridge, even though i chose merton council
Date of appln. for passport: pending
Method used: pending

GLORY BE TO GOD