ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:33 am

NAZIA786, please be strong, remeber there must have been a reason for this, Allah is testing your patience........have sabr........

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:39 am

Sorry to hear about your refusal NAZIA786. InshaAllah there will be some good in this for you, Allah knows what is best for us, although it can be very bitter at times.
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

asm
Newly Registered

Re: REFUSED

Post by asm » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:40 am

NAZIA786 wrote:HEY GUYS....UNFORTUNTLY I DIDNT GET IT.... IT WAS REFUSED :( :cry:
Salaam Sis

Sooo SORRY to hear that..May Allah give you strength. All bro and sis are here if you want to talk......

Trust in Allah

Shakiya
Newly Registered

Post by Shakiya » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:43 am

NAZIA786,
I am really sorry to hear that you were unsuccessful in your spouse visa application. I have been through this process myself. Initially it is quite hard to accept because one has been waiting for so long. Once the appeal process is underway it will work out gradually.

Remain positive.... do seek advice from BatleyKhan ‘exact wording of refusal notice’ helps clarify the situation.

My husband applied for a spouse visa in June 2009 and was refused, the process is still ongoing. A year on and I am still hopeful.

Is200
Newly Registered

Post by Is200 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:52 am

Slaam everyone

sister Nazia I'm very sorry to hear about your husband refusal, Allah knows better. Don't be upset inshallah Allah give you patience. I will include you in my prayers, may Allah unite you with your loved one very soon Ameen

Fatima Jamal

Post by Fatima Jamal » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:57 am

Salaam every one,

So sorry to hear abtyour refusal Naazia, i know how it feels.

Can any one please help with the following 2 queries:

1. I appeal through a Lawyer or directly in my case.

2. Secondly, in the form, there is a section for representative one. Not sure abt that? If I am not being represented by my lawyer, can I put my husbands name?

SF786

Post by SF786 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:05 pm

Assalamalaikum NAZIA786 I am so sorry to hear about your refusal! May Allah grant you sabr...Ameen
InshaAllah don't despair just get on the case and get advice on what to do next ASAP!
May Allah make it easy for you! Ameen
We are all here for you!
"If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it"

billo

Post by billo » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:44 pm

NAZI786, so sorry to hear about your husbands refusal. My sister in law's visa was refused earlier this year. You need to decide what you want to do now. Give me a shout if you need someone to talk things through with. I would always advise getting proper advice from an OISC registered advisor, but I can say that what we did is appeal and are also in the process of lodging a fresh application. I think it also depends on your reasons for refusal re the best course of action. Anyway sis, hope that Allah grants you sabar.

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:23 pm

Thanks Asif :)
Thats made things clearer.
I'm going to put everything in clear sleeves without a binder.
If they want to take them out thats up to them. At least my things will be in order up until the point my wife submits the docs.

:)
Asif121 wrote:
navalaviator wrote:
Q4sim wrote:
navalaviator wrote:Wow few new people have joined :D
Kaidee how you doin mate??? :D Hopefully you will hear something soon.

@Q4sim:How far you have gone with your application,i mean whats left to be sorted out? :roll:
I am now in the process of organising my documents.
I am already paranoid as most of you are aware of and hearing the stories about peoples experiences when submitting their visa app really makes matters worse.
I have decided NOT to submit my documents in a folder as it seems that they will DEFINITELY take my documents out of it.
I want to staple each section together although some sections are too large to staple.
Ideally I would like to put a treasury tag through the whole lot and just bundle them together but I heard that they take them out in Islamabad.

So I guess my only options now are to staple what I can, put it all together and hope nobody drops them and ruins the order before they arrive in Croydon.!!
Does anyone know if they will take out staples!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How are you going to organise your docs?

Apart from this, I just want to clarify a few points like the question that I raised above from batleykhan and inshallah i'll be good to go!
Does anyone know if they will take out staples!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT use staples to put your documents togather,it will surely add up to your problem at the time of application submission.

To keep it really simple with the staple an treasury tag issue lol, which has been discussed in detail in previous posts,
its easy........
8-10 plastic wallets like the ones that u used to use at college/school the ones with holes punched all the way down the side and then u can put them in ring binders etc , just get 8-10 of those or however many u may need (whsmiths ones are proper quality lol feel better an thicker than the ones in the cheap pound shop)
Clear white sticky labels that u can stick on the front of each plastic wallet u can get these in printable format too that u just throw into ur printer using word u can create the exact labels to print out, but if u got really neat writing u can just write on them using bold marker pen

then u simply put all the relevant docs in each different wallet with bullet points on the front labels marking exactly what is in each wallet, u can then treasury tag the whole set together without having to go through ur documents,
eg,
plastic wallet 1

* Application Form and Nikkahnama and passport size Photos

plastic wallet 2

* TB Test Certificate and Spouses passport photocopies etc

plastic wallet 3

* Bank statements
*Employers letter
*Wage slips

plastic wallet 4

* evidence of contact
*phone bills
*emails
*gifts letters posted etc etc

plastic wallet 5

* accomodation etc house inspection report to prove no over crowding
* for those living at home letter from mum an dad etc to say its okay to stay there
* for homeowners mortgage statements,
* land registry showing property in ur name
* letter from mortgage company showing no arrears etc

etc etc etc ...... u get the picture i cant sit here an doo the whole thing lol but im sure u get the picture......

do the same again for ur photopcopy set and its all good

as my wife told me it was so easy for her to understand when she went to visa centre and she said they do treat some people like shit and so rude and give them so much hassle especially women applicants, as the ask you to produce everything individually in the centre to show them so its easy to take things out one by one from each wallet and then replace it safely too and as the whole things treasury tagged and no the actual documents stapled or tagged they put the whole thing in a black file to send off so when it lands on an ECO's desk its pretty self explanatory...

just relax guys an remember there is no correct way of doing it as long as all the relevant docs are there in some sort of decent organised way inshallah it will all be ok.......

Is200
Newly Registered

Post by Is200 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:25 pm

Asalaam alaykum

Bismillah Ar Rahman Ar Raheem ( بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم )
(In the name of Allah, most gracious, most merciful)

My wife got the Visa :D

I am very grateful for everyone on this board for your support and help in this very difficult three months. InshAllah may Allah bring good news to everyone and help everyone through this difficult times.

To be honest Everyone's Duas and Prayers where the reason for my success. Thank you very much everyone.

Below where my status updates online (pakistan time)

Application submitted on 31st March 2010 at 1pm Lahore VAC: Application submitted
Application sent from Lahore VAC 31st March 2010 5pm: Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on
Application under process on 12th May 2010: Application is being processed at British High Commission
Email sent to UKHUB who informed me a decision was made on 25th May 2010 and I will hear very shortly from Lahore VAC.
21st June 2010 11am: Application Ready for collection at Lahore VAC.
21st June 2010 3pm: Application Collected

Hope this helps all brothers and sisters if I can help with anything else please let me know

wslaam

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:58 pm

Aoq, Nazia786 Inshallah Allah will help you everything happens for a reason! Inshallah i will make dua for you and may Allah give u sabar Ameen...

Please do let us know why it was refused? Everyone will be able to give u support and Advice... :)

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:04 pm

Aoq, Is200 Many Congratulations may Allah give u both lots of happiness Ameen!

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:05 pm

Is200 wrote:Asalaam alaykum

I am very grateful for everyone on this board for your support and help in this very difficult three months. InshAllah may Allah bring good news to everyone and help everyone through this difficult times.

To be honest Everyone's Duas and Prayers where the reason for my success. Thank you very much everyone.

Below where my status updates online (pakistan time)

Application submitted on 31st March 2010 at 1pm Lahore VAC: Application submitted
Application sent from Lahore VAC 31st March 2010 5pm: Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on
Application under process on 12th May 2010: Application is being processed at British High Commission
Email sent to UKHUB who informed me a decision was made on 25th May 2010 and I will hear very shortly from Lahore VAC.
21st June 2010 11am: Application Ready for collection at Lahore VAC.
21st June 2010 3pm: Application Collected

Hope this helps all brothers and sisters if I can help with anything else please let me know

wslaam
Alhamdulellah, it is good news be thankful to Allah. I am very happy for you May Allah SWT shower his blessings and mercy over you and your family and give you a happy life.
I did the counting - your visa was issued in just about 8 weeks (25/05/10), taking the bank holidays away. It took them another 2 weeks on the top to inform you of collection. Still not too bad - total of around 10 weeks

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:44 pm

Asif121 wrote:
Q4sim wrote:5.1 What are your current personal circumstances?.

Hey guys, i'm not sure what my wife should put in this section as it seems as if she falls under 2 categories. She is unemployed and is living with her parents at the moment.

Should she put a cross in the "Unemployed" or the "Supported by spouse / partner / other family member, please give full fetails in the box including their relationship to you" section.

Any ideas?
It should definitely be supported by spouse and/or spouses family to show that she is now with u or with ur family, believe it or not the ECO's are very well aware of our culture and our traditions and know wat usually happens after a girl is married off as in who's responsibility she becomes, which is why any evidence of funds remitted such as money transfers or spending money etc etc is always good to send with ur application to ahow u have or ur family have been supporting her now since she is ur wife, this is what they want to see and wat the ECO's are looking for...
Ok, The problem I am having is I only have 2 receipts showing I have sent money. One of them was a large amount as I wanted to give her money for the wedding preparations. This money was given to me by my father. If I attach this, will it be ok to say my father gave it to me for her? If I say I sent it I will have to show proof of where it came from.

However, if I tick the unemployed box, I wont have to get into this hole.
what do you guys think?

SF786

Post by SF786 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:59 pm

Congratulations Is200 nice to hear your wife got her visa alhumduliAllah. Bro, please remember the rest of us in your prayers. Also pray for bros and sisters whose visas have been rejected :( must be so hard for them!

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:11 pm

AOA

Alhumdolilah Is200 this is very good news that your wife got the but here i want to ask few things that will helps for everybody ok.

1.Is your wife is your relative out of marriage?

2.Which doucments you submited from your side and your wife side so if you please tell in detail it will helps.

3. is this your first visa application for spouse visa?

4.When did you got marrid?

5.Where and when did you send the e mail to ask about your wifes visa status?

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:12 pm

Congratulations IS200, Naz786 sorry to hear about your husbands refusal.
Post the reason on here when you can. It might be something that you can sort out quite easily. Try to stay positive in the meantime, inshallah you will be together soon

SF786

Post by SF786 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:44 pm

NAZIA786 when did you submit your application? How long did it take them to get back to you?

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:47 pm

@ NAZIA786
Am so sorry to hear your refusal,dont worry inshallah you will win your partner's visa soon,dont loose your hope there is still a chance that your refusal might be overturned in the first stage of the appeal process,please if you could state exactly the reasons on which your husband has been refused as it will surely help Batley khan to advise you some thing.

Make sure you start collecting all the evidence to support your appeal and to counter the reasons for refusal.

Remember never give up,i know its a very hard thing as i have myself experienced and gone through it last year so i understand your partner's and your feelings,its not the end of the world and i am sure that you will win visa for your husband,just be patient and pray to Allah and every thing will be sorted out just in a matter of few weeks.
You have 28 days to appeal from the dat eyou received your notice.
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:50 pm

IS200 congratulations on your success :D
Good luck with your future life. :D

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:00 pm

CRT7 waiting to hear your decision,inshallah hopefully it will be a positive one :D

@kaidee
Am allmost there to submit my application and inshallah i will let you know when i do so :P ,you will hear some thing soon as well inshallah. :D

Is200
Newly Registered

Post by Is200 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:01 pm

SLAAM TASAWAR

Hope I can help you with your questions and it helps all brothers and sister with there application.

1. No my wife is not my relative, in fact I went to Pakistan 25 February 2010 and I met her the first day for couple of hours through family. It was arranged via family we decided to get married and got married on 28th February. I stayed for a couple of days and had to return to UK on 5th of March so my stay was very short.

2. Details Of documents submitted

Completed VAF4 Application form
2 x photo copies of Completed VAF4 Application form

Checklist enclosed with VAF4 form of supporting documents
2 x Checklist enclosed with VAF4 form of supporting documents

Nikah Namah in Urdu ( Attested from union council and the Foreign Affair)
Nikah Namah translated in English ( Attested from union council and the Foreign Affair)

Wife Medical Test

wife 2 passport pictures

Wife Original passport

My wedding Pictures

Wife Nadra Card photo copy attested by Pakistan solicitor

Wife Passport photo copy attested by Pakistan solicitor

Pakistan Solicitor Applicant Declaration behalf of my partner ( explaining our circumstances about our marriage, relationship, Responsibilities the sponsor is undertaking) attested by the Pakistan solicitor

Temporary wife ticket booked invoice

My passport photo copy of pages, picture, personal details and Entry and Exit stamp for the visit to Pakistan attested by a UK solicitor

UK Solicitor Sponsorship Declaration behalf of me ( explaining my circumstances about our marriage, relationship, my work, my house and responsibilities towards my wife) attested by the UK solicitor

Housing Inspection report with details who resides at the property, my wife details and I wish for her to join me, picture for the house from outside and the property wont be over crowded.

Accountant letter I work full time and self employed part-time after all expenses I have £500 savings remaining.

Employment Contract

4 months Work Payslips

HM Revenue Letter Which comp I work for, how long and how much tax I have paid in this employment

Phone calls Record printed online

3 months Bank statements

Land Registry Official Copy ( I Own the property)

Mortgage statements

( Please don't forget!!! 2 x photo copies of all supporting documents)

hope I haven't missed anything :roll: :roll:

3. Yes it was my first application for a spouse settlement visa.

4. 28th February and I submitted a month later after collating all documents

5. ukhub.paki​stangeneral​enquiries@f​co.gov.uk on the 11th week they responded its been processed already, prior to that I use to get automated messages to wait until 12 weeks are over.

anything else let me know JazakAllah

Is200
Newly Registered

Post by Is200 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:05 pm

sorry some changes

Accountant letter I work full time and self employed part-time after all expenses I have £500 savings remaining every month

also my p60 for 2008-2009

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:08 pm

Is200 wrote:

Wife Nadra Card photo copy attested by Pakistan solicitor

Wife Passport photo copy attested by Pakistan solicitor

salam

congrats brv on getting the visa:)

just wanted ta ask a quick question in regards to the nadra copy did you translate it into English first and then get it attested.

another thing does the applicant have ta hand in a photo copy of the passport even though they hand in the original passport

thanks

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:44 pm

Is200 wrote:Asalaam alaykum

Wa 'alaikumus salam

Alhamdulillah, that is excellent, I'm very happy for you! :D
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy