ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW, Bank statement question?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ozzy_123
Newly Registered

PSW, Bank statement question?

Post by ozzy_123 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:40 pm

Hi there, need some expert advice please,

My current student visa is expiring on 30th June and my 90 days limit for £800 is completing on 26th of june, if i apply bank statement on 26th it will take 5 days to come to me which will be after 30th June?

What shall i do now? Can i attach E-statement or letter from Bank, my bank is HSBC..?

Please reply Asap

Thanks

sam-zen

Post by sam-zen » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:39 pm

you can asked bank to delivered spc delivery.which is reched you 2 dayes.other wise take a letter from bank which showes your balance. write one letter and explain every thing..you send when you recived....
SAM JORDY

ozzy_123
Newly Registered

Post by ozzy_123 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:26 pm

HI Thanks for the reply, appriciated and what does this mean by you send when received?

I will aks my bank for the letter and online statement printed with banks stamp on it, dont know if HSBC can give stamps on online pronted statements..

Thanks

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:35 am

ozzy_123 wrote:HI Thanks for the reply, appriciated and what does this mean by you send when received?

I will aks my bank for the letter and online statement printed with banks stamp on it, dont know if HSBC can give stamps on online pronted statements..

Thanks
They do.. and online statements stamped and signed are accepted as proof... you wouldn't need a special letter..

ozzy_123
Newly Registered

Post by ozzy_123 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:58 am

Thanks for your help,,
I got another question, My passport is expiring at the end of November 2010, so i got left with 5-6 month for my passport to expire, will that be an issure for home office? or i can get a new passport after i get my visa?

ozzy_123
Newly Registered

Post by ozzy_123 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:00 pm

Big problem????

I have just spoken to hsbc guys and they said they cant stamp any E-statement, the only thing they can do is to issue a letter to me saying that i have maintained £800+ in my account for last 3 months?

Is that ok for HO?

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:04 pm

ozzy_123 wrote:Big problem????

I have just spoken to hsbc guys and they said they cant stamp any E-statement, the only thing they can do is to issue a letter to me saying that i have maintained £800+ in my account for last 3 months?

Is that ok for HO?
If this is a savings account, then the e-statement would be what you need.. letters are fine for fixed deposits.. You would need to check up on the passport bit coz maybe just maybe they would look for atleast 6 months remaining on your passport.. Please sort it out someone..

ozzy_123
Newly Registered

Post by ozzy_123 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:16 pm

This is my current account and the bank is saying they will not stamp the E-statements.

Yeh please sort the passport question any1???

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:57 pm

This is what you need to do...

1.Send your application BEFORE expiry of your visa and mention in covering letter that you will be sending your statements later.
2.Wait until you have received your statements, however long it takes(2-5 days)
3)Fill out the change of circumstances form available on the HO website
4)Explain the whole situation in second covering letter.

You dont need to worry about cuz your application wont be seen by anyone atleast for 3 weeks!

regards

PS. dont think passport is an issue here, ideally it should be 6 months(read somewhere, maybe on this forum) but dont think they enforce it too rigidly