ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Granted - HSMP 4-year

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leafbbi
Newly Registered

ILR Granted - HSMP 4-year

Post by leafbbi » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:16 pm

This website has been very helpful to my application of FLR and ILR. I applied under HSMP 4-year JR and used a consultant company to submit my application yesterday.

I applied HSMP in Feb 2006, declined in March 2006, won the review and got the approval in the mid of April. So the date on my approval letter was after 3rd April 2006. I gave the consultant the refusal letter to prove my initial application was made before 3rd April. I called the UKBA HSMP team myself before I used the consultant. They asked for my HSMP ref number and told me I am not qualified to apply under 4-year JR results because my review was processed on 10th April. And he thought, and seemed sure it was the review date count, not the initial application. But he asked me to submit a form to UKBA and they can confirm if I am qualified in writing in about 6 weeks time. He emailed me the form but it looks like a FLR application form for HSMP holders. I was confused. But the consultant said it should be the initial one so we go ahead with the application.

the doc I provided:
latest 3-month payslip and bank statements
Company letter to show my absents from the country were business trips because I had over 300 days absents.
P60 for four years. But the 2006-2007 one, according to the consultant, was a copy, not original. So I added 12 months bank statements for that period of time. one of the bank statement was missing so I had to order a replacement from the bank which delayed the submission for three days.
Police registry certificate.

utility bill, marriage certificate are not required.

My experience with the consultant company was good. They are picky about the document quality, I think more picky than UKBA. I had no idea my 2006-7 P60 was a copy. It was posted to my address by my employer and it looked to me clear enough. I would have included it in my documents if I applied by myself. And they can submit the application almost everyday without an appointment.

vijayb
Newly Registered

Post by vijayb » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:24 pm

Hello leafbee

Congratulations !

My case is similar to yours (HSMP application before 03April06, it's refusal and then review approval after 3Apri06)

Could you please kindly let me know which form was emailed to you by UKBA Team ? Did you use that same form for your ILR application? From where can I down load that form?

Thank you.

Regards,
Vijay

leafbbi
Newly Registered

Post by leafbbi » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:51 pm

hi vijayb, I didn't use the form at all. It was an FLR application form, cannot be used for ILR application. I have no idea why I was asked to fill in and send it. Didn't do it anyway. To be honest, I don't think the advisor who answered my phone had any idea what he was talking about. He also confirmed on the phone I was not eligible to apply for ILR after 4-year time and he was wrong.

If you have time, request SAR which can be the proof when you initially submitted your application. As long as your initial application was made before 3rd April, you are eligible. My consultant was sure about it.

vijayb
Newly Registered

Post by vijayb » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:31 pm

Hi leafbbi,
Thanks for your useful feedback. As suggested by you I will request SAR to give me the date of submission of my application, so that I can provide that as a proof.
I will be very thankful to you if you please give me the contat details of your Consultant.
Regards,
Vijay

ramesheuk

Re: ILR Granted - HSMP 4-year

Post by ramesheuk » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:30 pm

Hi,

Congrates for your success. If you don't mind, please could you share the solicitor you used? I am about to apply for my ILR and looking for a solicitor.

Thanks in advance.
leafbbi wrote:This website has been very helpful to my application of FLR and ILR. I applied under HSMP 4-year JR and used a consultant company to submit my application yesterday.

I applied HSMP in Feb 2006, declined in March 2006, won the review and got the approval in the mid of April. So the date on my approval letter was after 3rd April 2006. I gave the consultant the refusal letter to prove my initial application was made before 3rd April. I called the UKBA HSMP team myself before I used the consultant. They asked for my HSMP ref number and told me I am not qualified to apply under 4-year JR results because my review was processed on 10th April. And he thought, and seemed sure it was the review date count, not the initial application. But he asked me to submit a form to UKBA and they can confirm if I am qualified in writing in about 6 weeks time. He emailed me the form but it looks like a FLR application form for HSMP holders. I was confused. But the consultant said it should be the initial one so we go ahead with the application.

the doc I provided:
latest 3-month payslip and bank statements
Company letter to show my absents from the country were business trips because I had over 300 days absents.
P60 for four years. But the 2006-2007 one, according to the consultant, was a copy, not original. So I added 12 months bank statements for that period of time. one of the bank statement was missing so I had to order a replacement from the bank which delayed the submission for three days.
Police registry certificate.

utility bill, marriage certificate are not required.

My experience with the consultant company was good. They are picky about the document quality, I think more picky than UKBA. I had no idea my 2006-7 P60 was a copy. It was posted to my address by my employer and it looked to me clear enough. I would have included it in my documents if I applied by myself. And they can submit the application almost everyday without an appointment.

be_sure_2000
Newly Registered

What is SAR

Post by be_sure_2000 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:01 pm

Hi Leafbbi,

I would really appreciate you initiation to post the issue and giving full details. Its just a co-incidence that even my case is ame as yours, I applied in Feb 2006, got refused for some silly reason on April 06 and finally got it sanctioned on 3rd July 2006. Now I am planning to apply for ILR.

My question is what is this SAR and what is its main purpose, how to get it..

Thanks to you once again.

Suresh

leafbbi
Newly Registered

Post by leafbbi » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:18 am

SAR -Subject Access Request. Please follow this ukba link for how to apply for it.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Note I didn't apply for it for short of time but still got ILR. The information is already in their database, the SAR is just a copy for you. It gives you a peace of mind before submitting your application. But really if you applied in Feb and requested a review instead of a fresh application you would be fine.

be_sure_2000
Newly Registered

Post by be_sure_2000 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:22 am

Thanks Leafbbi :P, Your reply has given me loads of confidence.
Wish you all the best for you life.

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:16 pm

Guys my case is similar and i did confirm with UKBA over the phone quite a few time in last 6 months and they never said that you're not qualified for ILR under JR instead they always said that yes go ahead with the application.