ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone used a solicitor to apply for naturalisation??

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

melo75

Anyone used a solicitor to apply for naturalisation??

Post by melo75 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:25 pm

Hi guys,

If anyone used a solicitor to apply for naturalisation I would appreciate an answer to the following:

Did your solicitor submit certified copies of your documents (passports) to the UKBA (and returned originals to you) or did the solicitor submit your original documents?

My solicitor says they will make certified copies of my passport to submit (and return originals to me) although on the UKBA website it says if you are using a representative you need to send originals (unless UKBA means subit originals to representative).

I do not want to second guess my solicitor as they were very good on two previous occassions when I used them for immigration purposes, but I am just worried since I read the above on the UKBA website.

Thanks guys.
Melo

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:04 pm

For the great majority of applicants, Citizenship applications are simple and no representation is required.

Any reason why you are using a Solicitor rather than submitting the application through NCS? If you were using NCS, yes you take relevant passports along to them, but they then photocopy them, and hand them straight back to you.
John

melo75

Post by melo75 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:01 pm

John wrote:For the great majority of applicants, Citizenship applications are simple and no representation is required.

Any reason why you are using a Solicitor rather than submitting the application through NCS? If you were using NCS, yes you take relevant passports along to them, but they then photocopy them, and hand them straight back to you.
No reason to use solicitor except for peace of mind. I also used them for my ILR and it just provides me with comfort my papers are in order.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:37 pm

melo75 wrote:
John wrote:For the great majority of applicants, Citizenship applications are simple and no representation is required.

No reason to use solicitor except for peace of mind. I also used them for my ILR and it just provides me with comfort my papers are in order.
well i understand you ..but still if u use NCS ,..u will keep ur original document and you will still have a peace of mind ...!!!

krimith

Post by krimith » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:51 am

joelondon wrote:
melo75 wrote:

well i understand you ..but still if u use NCS ,..u will keep ur original document and you will still have a peace of mind ...!!!
I was used solicitor but choice is your only one diffrence ncs fee is reasonable and solicitor fee little high thats it but if any complicatation so behalf of you soliciotr can give answer thats good point thats it

melo75

Post by melo75 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:59 am

krimith wrote:
joelondon wrote:
melo75 wrote:

I was used solicitor but choice is your only one diffrence ncs fee is reasonable and solicitor fee little high thats it but if any complicatation so behalf of you soliciotr can give answer thats good point thats it
Thanks guys for the advice, but I have already gone with a solicitor so the NCS boat has sailed. Still hoping someone can answer my original question.

Thanks again.
M

krimith

Re: Anyone used a solicitor to apply for naturalisation??

Post by krimith » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:58 pm

melo75 wrote:Hi guys,

If anyone used a solicitor to apply for naturalisation I would appreciate an answer to the following:

Did your solicitor submit certified copies of your documents (passports) to the UKBA (and returned originals to you) or did the solicitor submit your original documents?

My solicitor says they will make certified copies of my passport to submit (and return originals to me) although on the UKBA website it says if you are using a representative you need to send originals (unless UKBA means subit originals to representative).

I do not want to second guess my solicitor as they were very good on two previous occassions when I used them for immigration purposes, but I am just worried since I read the above on the UKBA website.

Thanks guys.
Melo
ok in that questions answer is you send it all original document if solicitor say just certified one but you can force him you want to send all original document thats it and i was send original document

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:46 pm

Wait a minute the OP trusts this Solicitor and if the Solicitor says that certified copies are OK, why not just supply such copies when the application is made?

After all if the Solicitor is wrong, and that causes the application to fail, clearly they would be liable to sort out the problem caused by them.
melo75 wrote:No reason to use solicitor except for peace of mind
I can't help thinking that you are not actually getting a lot of peace of mind at the moment, whereas by using NCS you would know actually what to supply.
John

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:29 pm

If someone wants their solicitor's help in making application they can do so and still apply through NCS. Its not that if you use NCS your can't take help from a solicitor.

melo75

Post by melo75 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:21 am

[quote="mrlookforward"]If someone wants their solicitor's help in making application they can do so and still apply through NCS. Its not that if you use NCS your can't take help from a solicitor.[/quote]

Thanks Krimith, John and mrlookforward.

wgoonw
Newly Registered

Post by wgoonw » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:47 pm

how much does it cost you to use a solicitor?

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:01 am

It varies a lot. £150 £350 £550 £650 etc etc.
If I was allowed to charge, I would do it for £100 :lol:

albanian
Newly Registered

Post by albanian » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:32 am

mrlookforward wrote:It varies a lot. £150 £350 £550 £650 etc etc.
If I was allowed to charge, I would do it for £100 :lol:
I paid £1000 (thousand) + 735 fee

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:34 am

Wow, thats a lot of money to submitt a nationality application. I would say 1000 pounds is a pure rip off. This is the easiset and simplest application that can be made to UKBA.