ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

offence declaration for ILR application - URGENT PLEASE

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tom_hungston

offence declaration for ILR application - URGENT PLEASE

Post by tom_hungston » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:16 am

Hi Everyone,

My applicaiton for ILR is due next month and I'm wondering what type of offences should they require to declare on the form...?

1) I have had a 30quid fine from the police officer back in 2006 for using mobile phone whilst driving. However officer was generous and only gave me warning and 30 quid fine, no points on the licence.

2) I have ordered some cigarettes off the internet site in brazil to get it delivered. Custom had seized the parcel and sent me 'Notice of Seizure' letter. I didnt contacted them and stopped smoking ever since Sad

now does this count as a criminal offence, and do I have to declare on the application form...?

now do I have to declare this on the ILR form...? I would appreciate if someone can help me out.

Your help is much appreciated as always. Many Thanks.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: offence declaration for ILR application - URGENT PLEASE

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:14 pm

1. You can declare the fine in your ILR form but it will not make any difference. You were not convicted by court.

2. This will not have any impact on your application as this is not a criminal offense.
tom_hungston wrote:Hi Everyone,

My applicaiton for ILR is due next month and I'm wondering what type of offences should they require to declare on the form...?

1) I have had a 30quid fine from the police officer back in 2006 for using mobile phone whilst driving. However officer was generous and only gave me warning and 30 quid fine, no points on the licence.

2) I have ordered some cigarettes off the internet site in brazil to get it delivered. Custom had seized the parcel and sent me 'Notice of Seizure' letter. I didnt contacted them and stopped smoking ever since Sad

now does this count as a criminal offence, and do I have to declare on the application form...?

now do I have to declare this on the ILR form...? I would appreciate if someone can help me out.

Your help is much appreciated as always. Many Thanks.

tom_hungston

Post by tom_hungston » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:07 pm

chetanojha wrote:1. You can declare the fine in your ILR form but it will not make any difference. You were not convicted by court.

2. This will not have any impact on your application as this is not a criminal offense.

Thanks Chetanojha, Your help is much appreciated. Would you rekon that I should hire a solicitor to apply for my ILR or should I just fill in the forms and supply all the documents required (which are mentioned in the form...?)

Thanks in advance

tom_hungston

Post by tom_hungston » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:55 pm

If there is any solicitor on this forum provides the services to prepare my ILR application at a resonable premium; could you please contact me. via this site either PM me or reply on the forum and I will PM you.

As I would be very interested for your help.

Kind Regards

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:49 pm

It depends on your need. If you manage to get appointment and are confident to represent your case, then by all means I would advice to go in person. This will save you solicitor fees which starts from £500 (in london). You will still have to provide all your documents to solicitor.

Applying in person is not difficult if you have all the correct documents. I have used solicitor but only because he was able to get be appointment quickly and I was in rush to get ILR done. Otherwise there is not need to go via solicitors.

tom_hungston wrote:
chetanojha wrote:1. You can declare the fine in your ILR form but it will not make any difference. You were not convicted by court.

Thanks Chetanojha, Your help is much appreciated. Would you rekon that I should hire a solicitor to apply for my ILR or should I just fill in the forms and supply all the documents required (which are mentioned in the form...?)

Thanks in advance

tom_hungston

Post by tom_hungston » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:52 pm

[quote="chetanojha"]It depends on your need. If you manage to get appointment and are confident to represent your case, then by all means I would advice to go in person. This will save you solicitor fees which starts from £500 (in london). You will still have to provide all your documents to solicitor.

Applying in person is not difficult if you have all the correct documents. I have used solicitor but only because he was able to get be appointment quickly and I was in rush to get ILR done. Otherwise there is not need to go via solicitors.

Thanks again Chetan, my only worry is that what would I do when they ask me the question about the cigaretts...? and using phone whilst driving.

However, ever since I have helped my neighbourhood, like I called police few times everytime there are bunch of under age kids on the street drinking and other times vandalising cars on the street, Police took my details on all ocassions.

I'm not really fussed about spending money or go on my own, I know I was guilty and what I did was wrong. I just don't want to be refused ILR as I have been living in UK since 2000, been with my GF for over 5 years, she is british and I'm just waiting to get my ILR stamped so that I can propose her to marry me :-) I don't want ILR by marrying her. I am a graduate from a very reputable University in the UK and working for a big company.

I hope you understand my worry, I just don't want to loose everything for a two silly mistakes I have made.

Thanks in advance brother.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:47 pm

I wouldn't worry much about it as you were not convicted by court. Policeman can fine you any reason. You might have received phone call for your wife's delivery etc etc.
Unless you are convicetd by court, you are free to apply for ILR. You can obviuosly mention this in your application and be honest about the incident. I don't think you will have problem.

Regarding, Cigarette-- Custom guys only sent you seizure notice. Which means customs told you that your parcel is seized and will not be delivered to you. This is to make sure you do not wait for the delivery. They didn't asked you to pay the duty in order to get the parcel. This is not a criminal offense. You were neither stealing nor traying to escape the tax/custom duty.

To be honest, I don't see any problem with you ILR. Maybe other members can advice if I am wrong.

tom_hungston wrote:
chetanojha wrote:It depends on your need. If you manage to get appointment and are confident to represent your case, then by all means I would advice to go in person. This will save you solicitor fees which starts from £500 (in london). You will still have to provide all your documents to solicitor.

Thanks again Chetan, my only worry is that what would I do when they ask me the question about the cigaretts...? and using phone whilst driving.

However, ever since I have helped my neighbourhood, like I called police few times everytime there are bunch of under age kids on the street drinking and other times vandalising cars on the street, Police took my details on all ocassions.

I'm not really fussed about spending money or go on my own, I know I was guilty and what I did was wrong. I just don't want to be refused ILR as I have been living in UK since 2000, been with my GF for over 5 years, she is british and I'm just waiting to get my ILR stamped so that I can propose her to marry me :-) I don't want ILR by marrying her. I am a graduate from a very reputable University in the UK and working for a big company.

I hope you understand my worry, I just don't want to loose everything for a two silly mistakes I have made.

Thanks in advance brother.

tom_hungston

Post by tom_hungston » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:39 pm

Thanks Chetan, Your reply took some weight off my shoulder. So I'm going to put the police fine on my form and won't be putting cigarette incident as per your recommendation.

I have been recommended a solicitor by a friend who is reliable and he have had some work done via this solicitor in the past. he charges circa 600 for the same day application for ILR processing. So I'm considering him.

Please let me know if you happen to discuss my case with someone and have any update for me. I'll be highly oblidged.

Thank you very much for all your help it is very much appreciated.