ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Advice Please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

danizinha
Newly Registered

Urgent Advice Please

Post by danizinha » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:22 pm

Hi,

My boyfriend applied for a fiance visa last Monday at the British Embassy in Rio de Janeiro. He got a text today saying that he will have his passport back tomorrow afternoon but it didnt mention whether the visa was accepted or not.

Does anyone know how long after that he should find out the decision. We are both so stressed and was wondering how he will find out. Will it be by post or my phone.

Any help would be so much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Danizinha

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:52 pm

You will find out when you collect your passport whether the visa has been granted or not

danizinha
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by danizinha » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:01 pm

for your response. His passport his being sent to him, he is not collecting it. Do you think he will find out then?

Thanks again

Danizinha

danizinha
Newly Registered

Post by danizinha » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:40 pm

That link didnt give me information. Can you please answer my question if possible I am very nervous. Thank you

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:05 am

Yes he will find out when the passport is sent back to him

If he is granted the visa it will be stamped in his passport. If it is refused it wont be stamped in his passport.

Instead he will get a refusal letter explaining why it is refused. :roll: