ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens to those on 3 year extension on HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

doc123
Newly Registered

What happens to those on 3 year extension on HSMP

Post by doc123 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:38 pm

Hallo,

I am currently on HSMP and have just been granted by 3 years on leave to remain. Will I have to shift to a work permit now? What are the rules after 3 years, can I apply for another period of extension or do I have to show an employment contract to shift to a work permit?

Any information appreciated

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: What happens to those on 3 year extension on HSMP

Post by pantaiema » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:43 pm

After 4 year on HSMP
1 year inititaly and 3 years extension you could shoft to ILR why bother
to downgrade your immigration status to work permit ???
doc123 wrote:Hallo,

I am currently on HSMP and have just been granted by 3 years on leave to remain. Will I have to shift to a work permit now? What are the rules after 3 years, can I apply for another period of extension or do I have to show an employment contract to shift to a work permit?

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:27 pm

You will in all probability have to apply for another extension of a year to complete 5 years in the country before applying for ILR

doc123
Newly Registered

Post by doc123 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:31 am

My concern is that I had been told by the HSMP office previously that only one extension is allowed on HSMP i.e 1+3, but at that time we could apply for leave to remain after 4 years, but with the new rule of ILR after 5 years, will they allow us a second extension on the HSMP?

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:21 pm

Yes they will, there is no other way out for many other people on 1+3 year visa on HSMP.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:39 pm

Yes I just read that they have already implemented changing start 3 April. 2006. It is indeed problematic for 1+3 years extension on HSMP ??.

I am also interested to know the answer ?.

Do people on HSMP need to apply another extention or need to apply for work permit ??. If work permit it means, their employers need to apply for them not the people on HSMP themselves.

Pantaiema
MWazir wrote:

You will in all probability have to apply for another extension of a year to complete 5 years in the country before applying for ILR
Last edited by pantaiema on Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:50 am

This indeed, is an interesting discussion!

May I ask what year will FLR be for those who just entered the UK with 12 months on their passports?

Does this new policy connotes a 4 year FLR for them or 3 years and then 1 year?

What do you say guys?

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:51 am

I am due to apply for FLR next month. It will be interesting to see if I am given a three-year or four-year FLR. I will let you know!

jaas

Post by jaas » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:08 pm

my FLR is also due in next month...So today I called home office to find out whether I am going get 3 year extension or 4 years extension. The guy told me that they still haven't got any specific instructions about this. So he asked me to mention about this new rule when I applying for hsmp extn in cover leter. I really didn't understand why should I do that ....??? anyway who knows ...it is better to mention ...am not going to loose anything...

I am planning to apply in second week of April and will let you know.

Cheers
jaas