ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ECAA based ILR or blue certificate - which route to choose?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

glarus
Newly Registered

ECAA based ILR or blue certificate - which route to choose?

Post by glarus » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:32 am

Hi there,
I am new to this forum and need some advice. Here is my story:
I came from Bulgaria to UK in 2002 and was granted leave to enter in 2003 as a Bulgarian national. My visa restricted me from entering employment. I had the 3 years extension in 2004 (I actually got the extension in 2006 but the period is counted from the date on which HO receives the application). So, my extension expired in march 2007 and I was due to apply for ILR in March 2008 (a period of 5 years is required between the date when the Leave to Enter is granted and the date when the ILR application is made). However, I haven't applied yet and was wondering if it's too late to do so now?

The other route I consider is applying for blue certificate based on 12 months legal employment. However, this employment is actually a year on placement as part of an undergraduate sandwich course. Does anyone know if such employment will qualifies?

NiyaVatkova
Newly Registered

Post by NiyaVatkova » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:22 pm

Unfortunatelly it is very likely they will consider your application to be too late and reject it.
Regarding the sandwich course, internships and placements on courses like that are generally considered a part of the study curiculum rather than lawful employment. However, if you are looking for a job have you considered self-employment as this will allow you to work for a variety of clients on a freelance basis?

glarus
Newly Registered

Post by glarus » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:24 pm

Thanks for the reply. I had forgotten that I have posted here. I got my ILR 6 weeks after sending my application (April 2010). I applied as a self employed and didn't mention about being a student (no one asked me).
Good luck!

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:55 am

Well done, :D