ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work permit for Bulgarian graduates from UK universities

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deyan8611
Newly Registered

Work permit for Bulgarian graduates from UK universities

Post by deyan8611 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:00 pm

Hi,
I have a Bulgarian nationality and currently consider doing my Masters degree in the UK. I was reading about obtaining a work permit after graduation in the UK and I saw that I will still not be allowed to work freely even though I have graduated there.

Do you know until when this requirement will be in place and is there something you would advice me? Also how difficult is it to obtain a work permit from an employer if I have graduated from a UK university?

Thanks in advance!

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:33 pm

See this:
Also how difficult is it to obtain a work permit from an employer if I have graduated from a UK university?
Work Permits for Bulgarian and Romanian nationals

Employers are still able to sponsor Bulgarian and Romanian nationals using the old work permit scheme.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... nationals/

You can also work part time in term time if you are a student. When you get your qualification you could go into business or apply for a card as a Highly Skilled Migrant. There are also other options. Have a read and see what there is and what you may qualify for.

Regards

NiyaVatkova
Newly Registered

Post by NiyaVatkova » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:29 pm

It is in the works that he restrictions will be reconsidered in 2012. However with the number of Bulgarian and Romanian nationals seeking employment here my personal opinion is that it is unlikely that the restrictions will be lifted.
If you're coming to do a Masters your university is likely to provide you with a list of potential employers or hold open days. Provided that you do well in your studies and are qualified it is fairly easy to get your employer to apply for a permit. Good luck!