ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

billo

Post by billo » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:31 pm

navalaviator wrote:
billo wrote:Navalaviator, just out of interest why was your previous app refused and when?
Well a harsh experience though,was refused on finances but every thing else was fine ,had only 15 pounds in the closing balance and lack of substantial savings ended up in a disaster,didnt appeal coz of the long and stressfull appeal process and decided to reapply,it all happened last year.
Inshallah, you will get this time.

SF786

Post by SF786 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:33 pm

alibokhari congratulations! :) can you let us know when you submitted the application and where please?[/quote]
"If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it"

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:37 pm

AOA 786

Mashallah one more good news alibokhari i wish you all the best for your feuture lifw with your wife so please tell us little about your visa application story like what type of visa application you did submited and what documents you attach with application it will helps to others.

alibokhari

Post by alibokhari » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:01 pm

Salam all, thanks for the well wishes realy appreciate it - rite the big story is as follow

Application type: Settlement visa
submission date: 16 Apr 2010
Approval date: 7 June 2010 per the letter
Ready for collection date: 22 June 2010

documents submitted - long list but here it goes

Applicant/Spouse details
1. SETTLEMENT (VAF4A - DEC 2008)
2. TB certificate
3. Character certificate (though not required just added)
4. Bank statements
5. Copy of ID Card

Sponsor details
1. Form SU07/01
2. Letter from HM Revenue & Customs
3. Attested copy of driving licence and counterpart confirming my address
4. Thames Water Bill

Engagement paper work
1. Passport pages
2. Boarding cards
3. Pictures

Wedding & associated functions paper work
1. Passport page
2. Boarding cards
3. Invitation cards
4. Marriage certificate (English and Urdu)
5. Pictures

Finance:
1. Bank statements for past 6 months
2. Payslips of tax accountant from firm and accountancy invoices (self employed as well) for past 6 months for my company
3. NI contribution notice from HMRC
4. Tenancy agreements * 2 of my tenants
5. Certified copies of land registry * 2
6. Letter from my employer and my compliance accountant

Accommodation Details
1. Tenancy agreement
2. Letter from the Solicitor
3. Letter from the Agent
4. Payment Receipts

Contacts and Communication
1. Emails
2. Phone bills * 4 months statements up until Dec 09 + I also mentioned in my covering letter that I am using Skype to call Pakistan which is a free service as of Jan 2010
3. Calling cards

Additional Points/Documents
1. Copy of professional Membership certificate

sh4hb4z
Newly Registered

Post by sh4hb4z » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:41 pm

My wife submitted her application on the 20th April. Got the message on the 12th May that its being processed.

I emailed them recently and they stated decision has been made on the 7/6/2010 same as you alibokhari... yet I have not been called... I'm assuming its not far away now.. just hoping they give my wife a call tomorrow...

What are my chances? Any suggestions/pointers? Anything?

Shahbaz

snipered

Post by snipered » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:49 pm

sh4hb4z wrote:My wife submitted her application on the 20th April. Got the message on the 12th May that its being processed.

I emailed them recently and they stated decision has been made on the 7/6/2010 same as you alibokhari... yet I have not been called... I'm assuming its not far away now.. just hoping they give my wife a call tomorrow...

Shahbaz
Inshallah you will get a positive reply.

Can i ask to which email address you emailed please?

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:05 pm

Alhamdulillah alibokhari, that is great news. All the best!

Slight transgression: I'd just like to add that we should be praying/supplicating during the course of our application being assessed and not whilst we are going to pick up the passport. When picking up the passport it is quite simply too late for your prayer to affect the outcome since the decision was made some weeks/days earlier and isn't going to magically change because you are praying and begging the night before you go to pick it up :P
The time for earnest sincere dua is before you get told to pick up your passport :)

In other news, I've got 10 posts left before I hit 100, insha Allah my 100th post will be me posting that my wife has got the visa :D :lol: 8) :wink:
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

billo

Post by billo » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:08 pm

Many congratulation Alibokhari & IS200 - must be a great feeling!

billo

Post by billo » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:10 pm

2. Phone bills * 4 months statements up until Dec 09 + I also mentioned in my covering letter that I am using Skype to call Pakistan which is a free service as of Jan 2010

Alibokhari, what service is this? Can you call from mobile? or is it just from your computer?

sh4hb4z
Newly Registered

Post by sh4hb4z » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:31 pm

alibokhari

Post by alibokhari » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:08 pm

billo wrote:2. Phone bills * 4 months statements up until Dec 09 + I also mentioned in my covering letter that I am using Skype to call Pakistan which is a free service as of Jan 2010

Alibokhari, what service is this? Can you call from mobile? or is it just from your computer?
you can call from mobile..for this you need to have 3 skype phone here in uk which you can buy for around £30 from any 3 store. In pakistan the person should have a phone with wifi facilitie from which he/she can connect to wirless internet. that person than needs to download FRING or NIMBUZZ application on their phone and log in to skype..

thats it.. just use skype to call like you do from computer. you can talk as long as you want .. the only cost is the price for wireless internet in Pakistan BUT A WORD OF ADVICE DO NOT USE PHONE INTERNET ITS VVVVV EXPENSIVE AND WONT LAST FOR LONG..also the voice won't be clear

hope this helps regards

shaiq
Newly Registered

congrats

Post by shaiq » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:41 am

@alibokhari

congrats my friend,

i have submitted my application on the same date as yours (16-04-10) Inshallah I am looking for positive response.

w salam

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:43 am

AOA 786

Hi all any good news for today ? becouse i feel very happy when someone said that they got the visa becouse i also have the same wish that some day inshallah i will write the same words on this forum with help of ASWT so please keep praying for me i am also a old member of this forum i seen so many persons get their visas except me so please do dua for me i been waiting for good news since 2008 and i miss to jion my loving wife soon inshallah .
Wish you all the best guys so inshallah we will get good news soon ameen.

Jazak Allah Khair

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:36 am

Hey everyone,
Since our marriage, my father has sent a large amount of money to my wife in order for her to pay for the visa application and some spending money. Should I attach this as evidence of financial support? Or will it go against me as I am not sending it myself?
Bearing in mind she does not need income as she is living with her parents.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:59 am

Q4sim wrote:Hey everyone,
Since our marriage, my father has sent a large amount of money to my wife in order for her to pay for the visa application and some spending money. Should I attach this as evidence of financial support? Or will it go against me as I am not sending it myself?
Yes send it as proof that from now on you are responsible for all the cost of your wife and not her parents

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:09 pm

sh4hb4z wrote:My wife submitted her application on the 20th April. Got the message on the 12th May that its being processed.

Shahbaz
Shahbaz,

insha Allah you will get the call soon. I got the Appl under process at BHC a few days after you. I emailed UKHUB last week and they told me not to enquire until 12 weeks are up!! - who did you email?

Ps. has anyone tried to ring gerrys? i cant get through on the number provided on their website??! - 00925 120 98999...?

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:51 pm

RHussain07 wrote:

Shahbaz
Shahbaz,

insha Allah you will get the call soon. I got the Appl under process at BHC a few days after you. I emailed UKHUB and they told me not to enquire until 12 weeks are up!! - who did you email?

Ps. has anyone tried to ring gerrys? i cant get through on the number provided on their website??! - 00925 120 98999...?

fais79

My Wife finally got the visa today

Post by fais79 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:30 pm

Mashallah my wife finally got an sms from VAC and she's got the visa today.

Her application timeline:

20th April 2010 : Submitted application at VAC Lahore
12th May 2010 : Application at BHC
8th June 2010 : Employer received called from HomeOffice
23rd June 2010: Received an sms from VAC Lahore received visa

Following is what I submitted:

Relationship & Contact
---------------------------
1.1 copy of husband’s current passport and
copy of husband’s current id card proof of UK residence (pg 20)
travelled to Pakistan to get married (pg10 & pg12)
1.2 copy of husband’s airline ticket to Pakistan travelled to Pakistan to get married
1.3 copy of marriage certificate proof of marriage
1.4 wedding photographs proof of marriage
1.5 wedding invitation cards proof of marriage
1.6 photographs taken in sister’s wedding proof of post marriage contact
1.7 itemised billing for international calls made using VOPIUM.com proof of post marriage contact
1.8 copy of SMSs out of husband’s phone Proof of post marriage contact
1.9 emails exchanged between us proof of post marriage contact
1.10 receipts of monies sent to me proof of post marriage contact

Sponsors’ Financial Status
-------------------------------
2.1 last 3 months bank statements proof of finance
2.2 last 6 month pay slips evidence of income
2.3 latest P60 evidence of income
2.4 letter from employer evidence of sponsor’s employment

Sponsors’ Accommodation Status
---------------------------------------
3.1 copy of deed proof of house ownership
3.2 completion Letter from the mortgage lender proof of house ownership
3.3 letter from solicitor confirming completion proof of house ownership
3.4 last six months utility bills proof of address
3.5 property report from estate agent proof of adequate space in the property
3.6 council tax bills proof of single occupancy
3.7 advert of house before purchase proof of adequate space in the property

Other
4.1 gift sent by my husband Further proof of post marriage contact

This forum has been very helpful. I hope inshallah every applicant get their visa approved.

Best of Luck

Allah Hafiz.

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:33 pm

batleykhan wrote:
Q4sim wrote:Hey everyone,
Yes send it as proof that from now on you are responsible for all the cost of your wife and not her parents
Thanks Batleykhan :)

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 pm

Congrautlations FAIS79

sh4hb4z
Newly Registered

Post by sh4hb4z » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:41 pm

@fais79 My wife submitted at the same time but at ISL... Same process as you apart from the decision was made 7/06/10 but still she has had not response?

This is so discouraging... What time did she recieve the text?

What times do we expect to recieve calls/texts? Pakistan 9 - 5?

I want my wife with me before Ramadan starts...

Shahbaz

SAIMA_1
Newly Registered

Post by SAIMA_1 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:54 pm

sh4hb4z wrote:@fais79 My wife submitted at the same time but at ISL... Same process as you apart from the decision was made 7/06/10 but still she has had not response?

Shahbaz
I also submitted 21st April at mirpur but havent heard anything yet.
Recieved e-mail saying decision was made on 6th June.

fais79

Sms

Post by fais79 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:01 pm

She received sms about 6am PK time.. I am confident inshallah you should receive something by the end of the week..

Good Luck!

asm
Newly Registered

Post by asm » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:06 pm

SAIMA_1 wrote:
sh4hb4z wrote:@fais79 My wife submitted at the same time but at ISL... Same process as you apart from the decision was made 7/06/10 but still she has had not response?

Shahbaz
I also submitted 21st April at mirpur but havent heard anything yet.
Recieved e-mail saying decision was made on 6th June.
I also submitted 31st March at Islamabad but haven’t heard anything yet.
Received e-mail saying decision was made on 4th June. My Cousin got his today and his decision was made on 7th June.

I can’t wait any longer - its soooooo excruciating as each day goes by.... with no news
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:33 pm

salaam all,

apologies for late update........been sorting stuff out......

after 15 weeks of stressful waiting, THEY REFUSED IT..........

reason:

The ECO was not satisfied that I would be able to support my partner because..........when asked my HR dept fro proof of employment they didint receive a reply hence refused it

They totally disregarded the fact that I had submitted wage slips, P60 and letter of employment confirmation.

Anyway, call to HR confirms that they did in fact reply to the UKBA and well within the timescale given.

So maladministration on someones behalf has caused so much stress for me.

The most stupid thing is that I am a civil sevant, the ECO was stupid enough to believe that I would actually lie about being a civil servant (when they are civil servants themselves).

Im totally gutted, but trying to sort it out, have lodged the appeal (with a copy of the dated response I acquired from HR) and my solicitor is hopeful that it will be sorted out at review stage rather than it going to court.