ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization application referees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

itsme
Member of Standing

Naturalization application referees

Post by itsme » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:07 pm

All, I am a ltd company director, due for naturalization this week.
Couple of my friends are working IT professionals and knew them for past 4 years. Can I take them as referees ?
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

jimbo_uk

Post by jimbo_uk » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:18 pm

One of my referees gave his occupation as 'Software Engineer', and that was fine. He had professional qualifications.

'IT professional' can be quite vague - I imagine you would have to describe a more specific role in IT.

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:22 pm

jimbo_uk wrote:One of my referees gave his occupation as 'Software Engineer', and that was fine. He had professional qualifications.

'IT professional' can be quite vague - I imagine you would have to describe a more specific role in IT.
Thanks a lot for quick response. Will take care. I am using NCS to send my application. Could you share your experiences on your application, process... etc
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

senthil78
Member of Standing

Re: Naturalization application referees

Post by senthil78 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:36 pm

itsme wrote:All, I am a ltd company director, due for naturalization this week.
Couple of my friends are working IT professionals and knew them for past 4 years. Can I take them as referees ?
Note that your friend should have professinal qualification to act as a referee (Professional standing)

Refer http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ngtheform/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary