ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist Visa to Dependant Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Tourist Visa to Dependant Visa

Post by Rajuk09 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:28 pm

Hi Friends,

I am on Tier 1 Visa,came to UK on Feb 10. Got job on May 10. Though I have maintainted enough money in India for my wife and 2 children to show as maintainance for their dependant visa, due to finanacial situation I cant spend 1.5 Lakhs (Indian Ruppes) for 3 people as Dependant visa fees now.Sp planning to bring them on Tourist Visa.My question is , can I apply for Tier1 Dependant visa for my wife and 2 children inside UK after coupld of months , when they are here in Tourist Visa ? ,or Do I need to send them Back to India and apply from India ? Please advice.

kind regards

Raj

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Tourist Visa to Dependant Visa

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:59 pm

Rajuk09 wrote:Hi Friends,

I am on Tier 1 Visa,came to UK on Feb 10. Got job on May 10. Though I have maintainted enough money in India for my wife and 2 children to show as maintainance for their dependant visa, due to finanacial situation I cant spend 1.5 Lakhs (Indian Ruppes) for 3 people as Dependant visa fees now.Sp planning to bring them on Tourist Visa.My question is , can I apply for Tier1 Dependant visa for my wife and 2 children inside UK after coupld of months , when they are here in Tourist Visa ? ,or Do I need to send them Back to India and apply from India ? Please advice.

kind regards

Raj
They will not be able to switch from tourist visa to dependant visa within UK. They will have to go back to home country to switch.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:04 pm

aruni4470 wrote:

kind regards

Raj
They will not be able to switch from tourist visa to dependant visa within UK. They will have to go back to home country to switch.
Thanks a lot aruni4470 for the quick reply

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:05 pm

kind regards

Raj
I'm afraid, they have to go back to India and apply for a dependant visa.

drmastoi

HI

Post by drmastoi » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:52 pm

HI dear ..
in Same situation i applied for wifes Tourist visa.which was declined on the ground that Visa officer was not convinced that she will leave after her visa date.
Better Wait and Apply on Dependant visa.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:31 am

Just one more question, Do I need to show any document from UK like Bank statements , Employment letter , Accomadation proof etc ? .Since I have maintanance fund available in India, thought I can apply visa for my dependats just with that ? please advice.

kind regards

Raj

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:48 am

Rajuk09 wrote:Just one more question, Do I need to show any document from UK like Bank statements , Employment letter , Accomadation proof etc ? .Since I have maintanance fund available in India, thought I can apply visa for my dependats just with that ? please advice.

kind regards

Raj
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=50608