ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT - Submitting docs tomorrow - previous earnings dates

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

freebird2000
Newly Registered

URGENT - Submitting docs tomorrow - previous earnings dates

Post by freebird2000 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:52 am

Here is my situation. I work as a contractor. Over 12 months claimed, I have worked for several employers. So in terms of dates, my pay is never on the same day. Deposits into my bank account have been sporatic.

I have a couple of questions regarding dates:

My official application date is: June 11, 2010 (fee paid on that day).

12 months previous earnings period I am planning on claiming:
March 11, 2009 - March 10, 2010.

-Any reason I should NOT use those dates?

In terms of my salary, the dates below are the first and last dates that deposits were made into my account.

First deposit for work done: March 16, 2009
Last deposit for work done: February 2, 2010

For previous earnings, I am trying to decide on date to use for conversion. I've read the PBS Tier 1 Guidance booklet throughly. But I am unclear on wording. It says: "129. An applicant should use the closing exchange rate on the OANDA website at www.oanda.com/currency/classic-converter on the last day of the period for which he/she has claimed earnings..."

Is the "period claimed" based on 12 months exactly from start of period claimed or on the date of the last deposit into my bank account?

-As per above, can I use March 10, 2010 as last day of "period claimed" as that is 12 months exactly from March 11, 2009.

OR

-Do I need to use February 2, 2010 which is the date that last monies were deposited in my account?

The exchange rates are quite different between February 2, 2010 and March 10, 2010 which is why I am asking.

Thank you in advance for the assistance.

kunze

Post by kunze » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:55 pm

hi
Let me clear your doubts and confussion

(1)12 months payslip and Bank statement is for PAST EARNING.

(2)3 months bank statement is for Maintenance which you need to check for the conversion rate @ oanda website. NO TIME MUST YOUR MINIMUM BALANCE GO BELOW THE STIPULATED AMOUNT FOR THE PAST 3 MONTHS.
e.g if you need to maintain £2800 (equivalent) for 3 months, you must ensure that at no time does the money go below that price. NB: IF IT DOES YOU WILL BE DENIED VISA.

pls be sure you are clear before submitting,ensure everything is ok, DONT RUSH TO SUBMIT

freebird2000
Newly Registered

Post by freebird2000 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:48 pm

Thank you kunze!!! I am very grateful for the advice.