ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Your passport and decision is ready for collection.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gill0055
Newly Registered

Your passport and decision is ready for collection.

Post by gill0055 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:36 pm

What does it actually mean? Am i granted a work permit or not?

*FC*
Member of Standing

Re: Your passport and decision is ready for collection.

Post by *FC* » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:43 pm

gill0055 wrote:What does it actually mean? Am i granted a work permit or not?
How about collecting it and opening it rather than asking people who are as clueless as you are?!

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:49 pm

Not yet mate. I had same thing. My visa was refused at that time saying some information was not included. Keep finger crossed. Do share the results. All the best mate.

gill0055
Newly Registered

Post by gill0055 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:08 pm

The problem is-- i have to go to another country to collect it. It will take a couple of weeks. Thats why i am really curious what does it mean to adjust my plans accordingly.
I was just wondering if it's a standard response from a consulate? It seems to me that probably i was not given a permit otherwise they would have told me.

renzokuken

Post by renzokuken » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:21 pm

gill0055 wrote:The problem is-- i have to go to another country to collect it. It will take a couple of weeks. Thats why i am really curious what does it mean to adjust my plans accordingly.
I was just wondering if it's a standard response from a consulate? It seems to me that probably i was not given a permit otherwise they would have told me.
How on earth you are in another country while your passport is with the BHC?

pharmashri
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Tier 1 Admin review

Post by pharmashri » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:04 pm

Hi There

Background:
I am working in UK since Feb 2006 on HSMP dependent visa. Now we in process of getting divorce so I made a fresh Tier 1 application (before new rule came up from 6 Apr 10 ).
As it is not possible to switch from Dependent to Tier 1 directly in UK so been to my native country to apply Tier 1 (General). On applicaton BHC refused for entry clearance. After rejection I was having my passport and valid HSMP dependent visa with me so I decided to come back UK and join the work. There was little obstacles from immigration officer (enquiring me about Tier 1 application refusal to entry to UK) at the time of entry to UK but when he saw my valid dependent HSMP visa he allowed me to enter.

After joining to work in UK, I made application for Administration review. Initially they held the decision same as above i.e. refusal to entry clearance. There were no chance because admin review can be possible only once. But my lawyer (London based) was not agreed on it and she pointed out their mistake again say them sloppy.

On which they reacted and email me a letter awarding me full points i.e 75 in attributes,10 english and 10 maintenance funds.

In the letter they asked me to submit my passport to nearby vfs centre (which is Mumbai for me) for stamping visa.

Queries:
1. Is there any problem for them if I have valid dependent visa on my passport to stamp new visa (Tier 1)
2. What probable time it takes to stamp visa.
3. Can I get this stamp here in UK (I know not possible but not sure)
4. What kind of hurdles you guys see, which are hiddle?

Please advice/comment

Thanks

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:10 pm

Yes, it is standard reply from the visa office (or agent). Whether you have got permit or not, the reply is same. Unless you open the envelope and see it, you do know by any way. No one on phone will say you you have got visa, or have not visa. So better to go and collect it and see.

pharmashri
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by pharmashri » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:08 pm

But British High Commission awarded me the points which I was expecting and apologies for their mistake for upholding the refusal decision. What I understood from this forum that when you are getting full points requirements then there more possibility to get visa stamp. If I am wrong please comment your opinions.
Thanks

gill0055
Newly Registered

Post by gill0055 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:29 pm

In my case the visa was granted. So its an automated response.