ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Newlywed - Marital status

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Faye_hen
Newly Registered

Newlywed - Marital status

Post by Faye_hen » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:35 am

Good Day All.

I have a quick question with regards to my marital status. I have married recently and both my husband and i will be applying for tier 1 next week.

My passport however still reflects my maiden surname. Will this be a problem when we do apply?

Kind regards
Newlywed

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Newlywed - Marital status

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:19 am

Faye_hen wrote:Good Day All.

I have a quick question with regards to my marital status. I have married recently and both my husband and i will be applying for tier 1 next week.

My passport however still reflects my maiden surname. Will this be a problem when we do apply?

Kind regards
Newlywed
No it wont be a problem. Make sure you provide all the evidence of your marriage like marriage certificate, marriage photos with relatives etc.,

Faye_hen
Newly Registered

Post by Faye_hen » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:57 am

Thank you very much.

I don't understand why one would need to submit photos or the like. I have a full unabridged marriage certificate which has been applied for at my country's high court (South Africa). The unabridged certificate also has an Apostile stamp.

Do i really need to submit wedding photos and other evidence? We've been together for eight years before getting married and i really can't see why i need to prove this.

A penny for your thoughts?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:42 am

Faye_hen wrote:Thank you very much.

I don't understand why one would need to submit photos or the like. I have a full unabridged marriage certificate which has been applied for at my country's high court (South Africa). The unabridged certificate also has an Apostile stamp.

Do i really need to submit wedding photos and other evidence? We've been together for eight years before getting married and i really can't see why i need to prove this.

It is not mandatory. It is our responsibility to make the caseworker believe that it is a genuine marriage. So, providing as much info and proof to make the caseworker comfortable to issue the visa is always a good idea. Not sure about South Africa but for applicants from countries like India, Pakistan and the like, it is always suggestible to provide as many proofs (even a wedding invitation) as possible in regards to prove it a legitimate marriage. I have read somewhere in this forum that an applicant was refused because there were no relatives in the wedding pictures he/she provided and that the caseworker believed it to be a fake wedding that was staged and pictures were taken only for the purpose of obtaining a visa. Not judging whether this particular applicant was legitimate or not but, believe me these things do happen. So, you cannot find fault with the caseworker either. There are people who have got visa with just the marriage certificate. I believe it depends on the caseworker.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... age+photos

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:41 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
Faye_hen wrote:Thank you very much.

It is not mandatory. It is our responsibility to make the caseworker believe that it is a genuine marriage. So, providing as much info and proof to make the caseworker comfortable to issue the visa is always a good idea. Not sure about South Africa but for applicants from countries like India, Pakistan and the like, it is always suggestible to provide as many proofs (even a wedding invitation) as possible in regards to prove it a legitimate marriage. I have read somewhere in this forum that an applicant was refused because there were no relatives in the wedding pictures he/she provided and that the caseworker believed it to be a fake wedding that was staged and pictures were taken only for the purpose of obtaining a visa. Not judging whether this particular applicant was legitimate or not but, believe me these things do happen. So, you cannot find fault with the caseworker either. There are people who have got visa with just the marriage certificate. I believe it depends on the caseworker.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... age+photos
Right.... Provide as much as APPLICABLE / ACCEPTABLE evidences for your claims.