ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DECISION ON MUM SETTLEMENT VISA HAS BEEN OVERTURNED

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NT1234

DECISION ON MUM SETTLEMENT VISA HAS BEEN OVERTURNED

Post by NT1234 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:46 pm

have some very good news on my mum's case and thought I’ll share this as I am sure others will be going through the same thing. I put in an appeal at the post on the 4th may and about a week ago I got a reply from AIT to say they have now received the noticed of appeal and have given Jamaica until the 25th of august to put together the docs ready for the hearing. The wait seems too much to bear so I decided to email the BHC in Jamaica on Monday. No reply so I tried yesterday again with the same email for the attention of the ECM and this is the response I got back………….my email was just to ask if they cld speed up the process for me as my mum is ill and i need to get her here to provide the care and assitance. I had already given up on a ECM review being overturned as its been over 2 months so.

Dear Ms. xxxxx

Thank you for providing us with your mother's details.

Please be advised that your mother's her appeal is now being reconsidered. Please inform her therefore, to take/send her passport to the British High Commission, 28 Trafalgar Road, Kingston 10, as soon as possible. It may be handed in any weekday morning Monday to Friday between 8:00 and 10:00 a.m., in the morning.

i phone up my lawyer which is bernard who is also an immigration judge and he said its good news...they have reversed the decision and so i am now looking forward to her takin in her passport, unfortunately it cant be until next week as she is not well to leave the house but i am so happy. Another lawyer who works with Bernard said to me its very unlikely for such a decision to be overturned on elderly settlement visa and not gone all the way through the appeal hearing..well i am just to happy to say the least.

i am yet to meet Bernard as i only decided to get a lawyer a few days ago and have been communication to him via email and calls, our first face to face meeting should be on monday where i would decide whether to appoint him to represent me or not...

THIS IS MY FIRST POST...........

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=57488

NT1234

Post by NT1234 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:44 pm

FORGET TO SAY THANKS FOR ALL THE USEFUL CONTRIBUTION OVER THE PAST WEEK. ITS BEEN A A FEW MONTHS OF NIGHTMARE BUT YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.