ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nanometre
Newly Registered

Post by nanometre » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:14 am

[quote="Breaker29"]Congratulations Nonometre.... We must use a microscop to see you :lol:
Do not underestimate yourself :P

Have appliyed for passport befor attending the ceremony ?[/quote]

Very good point Breaker29 - think I copied and pasted a bit wrong in original post. Have now amended.

I had my ceremony in the morning, then got my countersignatory to sign my photos and app straight away and headed to the Post Office that afternoon. No point waiting around!

Good luck to everyone else... Cheers

shekel

Passport

Post by shekel » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:15 am

How long does it usually take to get documents back, when applying for passport? Is there anyway to speed this up (special fee)?

nanometre
Newly Registered

Post by nanometre » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:16 am

Brilliant Edinburgh! I was in the second row. Pity we didn't get the Lord Provost, but it was a lovely ceremony nonetheless. Congrats!
(and yes I've now amended my timings) Thanks

NiiKpani

Re: Passport

Post by NiiKpani » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:38 am

shekel wrote:How long does it usually take to get documents back, when applying for passport? Is there anyway to speed this up (special fee)?
it should take about 2 weeks ...but what's the rush buddy??

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:35 pm

then we had the ceremony together - i was in third row!
but, not sure how you could have applied for a passport on 16/06 if you were only given your certificate on 22/06 - you need to send your certificate to the passport folk, too![/quote]

Congratulatioon Eden ...wish you all the best ...as for me i'm still waiting ...its been 5 weeks already ...wish me good luck

have a nice day ;)

fearless2711

Post by fearless2711 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:07 pm

joelondon wrote:then we had the ceremony together - i was in third row!
but, not sure how you could have applied for a passport on 16/06 if you were only given your certificate on 22/06 - you need to send your certificate to the passport folk, too!
Congratulations Eden. Enjoy you new status. Good Luck to all who are waiting including my self. I am still waiting 9 weeks now. Regards,

ameba
Newly Registered

Post by ameba » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:31 pm

Good things come to those who wait! (Guinness)

I've had to wait 4 months to get my citizenship approved, but all finished now.
Feel a bit empty though. Maybe I should migrate to another country and start the process all over again... (joking).

Breaker29

Post by Breaker29 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:58 pm

Well done Ameba !!! Happy for you. It was a long wait, but finlay your're there...

I wish you good luck for the next process.. Passport...
ameba wrote:Good things come to those who wait! (Guinness)

Feel a bit empty though. Maybe I should migrate to another country and start the process all over again... (joking).

roshan_asher
Newly Registered

Post by roshan_asher » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:04 pm

You know what that's what i thought... i feel there is nothing to fight anymore.. but i thougt i was may be crazy.. its good to know some else feel the same about about you... i said to my friends i want to move to america now... go through all over again... be cos i feel empty.. now... nothing to lookfoward to.. :lol:
ameba wrote:Good things come to those who wait! (Guinness)

djbabyboom
Newly Registered

Post by djbabyboom » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:16 pm

for_tochka wrote:Thanks to the members of the forum for submitting their timelines. This info has been invaluable for managing my expectations. Good luck to those still waiting.
here's mine timeline so far:

NCS or Postal: Postal
Nationality: Russia
Date of submission : 23 May 2010
Received at HO: 24 May 2010
CRITERIA - 5 years (4 years JR HSMP + 1 year back dated ILR)
Date of payment taken by HO: 27 May 2010 (credit card)
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: 27 May 2010
Date of decision: 18 June 2010 (confirmed over the phone)
Date of receipt of approval: 24 June 2010 via DX secure delivery (letter dated June 21, 2010)
Date of Ceremony: / pending
Date of appln. for passport: / pending
Method used: / pending
Fortochka, привет

have you made a single or family application?

We've made a family one on 20 April and still no sign of any approval...

shekel

Re: Passport

Post by shekel » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:34 pm

NiiKpani wrote:
shekel wrote:How long does it usually take to get documents back, when applying for passport? Is there anyway to speed this up (special fee)?
it should take about 2 weeks ...but what's the rush buddy??
I need to travel :) Maybe will do it when i return

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:10 pm

i duno why the HO are taking ages to deal with application ...its frustrating !!!! over 5 weeks now ...whats the £735 all about ??? bull shit ... :twisted: :evil: :?: :?: :?: :?:

for_tochka
Newly Registered

Post by for_tochka » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:11 pm

djbabyboom wrote:
Fortochka, привет

have you made a single or family application?

We've made a family one on 20 April and still no sign of any approval...
Single. Judging by ameba's timeline I got really lucky.

roshan_asher
Newly Registered

Post by roshan_asher » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:34 am

No thats normal.. they dont put the coutry only the city ...
ameba wrote:Hello everyone,

This is mine events track:

NCS Date of submission: 21-12-2009
Category: 5Yrs HSMP (JR + 1) (Nationality: Russia)
Date of Card Debit: 12-01-2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Dated- 16-01-2010
Decision Made: 18-05-2010
Date of ceremony: 01-06-2010
...........................................................................................................
Passport application: 04-06-2010 (Check and Send)
Interview date: 21-06-2010
Passport Received: 24-06-2010
...........................................................................................................
One more thing though - in my new British passport they put for place of birth not my country, but the actual city I was born in. Should I be concerned?

E.g. PLACE OF BIRTH: London

shekel

Post by shekel » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:48 am

joelondon wrote:i duno why the HO are taking ages to deal with application ...its frustrating !!!! over 5 weeks now ...whats the £735 all about ??? bull shit ... :twisted: :evil: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Joe - i waited much more than that :) Just call them and get status out of them :)

senthil78
Member of Standing

Post by senthil78 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:12 pm

NiiKpani wrote:
senthil78 wrote:
infini001 wrote:submitted on 27th may.The other friend that submitted a day after called and he was told that it's with a case worker awaiting consideration.what does it actually mean when they say they are making further enquiry? and not yet with a caseworker but a caseworking team
where are you from originally (which country)?
Senthil78 have you applied yet??..or not
I applied and I received my refusal letter today,

Here is my story,

Date of application : 24 May 2010
Date of Acknowledgement : 28 May 2010
Nationality: Indian
Date of refusal letter received: 26 June 2010 with dated 21 june 2010
Reason for refusal: Good character requirement is not met (Traffic Offence code MW10 with 60 pounds fine and 3 points)

I need to wait 2 more years to apply again. This is really frustrating. I have seen many people got away with drunk & drive offence and no insurance & tax. I think that i have bad time and my application would have gone to evil (not a human being) didn't even think to apply discretion (as per guide, one single unspent conviction resulting relatively small fine can be ignored). I don't know what is small fine in HO dictionary. Anyway, i need to start all over again.

Breaker29

Post by Breaker29 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:20 pm

Oh ! sorry to hear that Senhill78. :(

What a desapointing and frustrating outcome. Did you accutaly mentionned the offence in your application ?

senthil78
Member of Standing

Post by senthil78 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:05 pm

Breaker29 wrote:Oh ! sorry to hear that Senhill78. :(

What a desapointing and frustrating outcome. Did you accutaly mentionned the offence in your application ?
Yes I mentioned and also explained properly in page 14. I am given chance to request them to reconsider my application. But i don't think that they will change their decision.

shekel

Post by shekel » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:33 pm

senthil78 wrote:
Breaker29 wrote:Oh ! sorry to hear that Senhill78. :(

Yes I mentioned and also explained properly in page 14. I am given chance to request them to reconsider my application. But i don't think that they will change their decision.
IMHO get a good lawyer, and make the revise

NiiKpani

Post by NiiKpani » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:52 pm

senthil78 wrote:
NiiKpani wrote:
senthil78 wrote:
infini001 wrote:submitted on 27th may.The other friend that submitted a day after called and he was told that it's with a case worker awaiting consideration.what does it actually mean when they say they are making further enquiry? and not yet with a caseworker but a caseworking team

Here is my story,

Reason for refusal: Good character requirement is not met (Traffic Offence code MW10 with 60 pounds fine and 3 points)

I need to wait 2 more years to apply again. This is really frustrating. I have seen many people got away with drunk & drive offence and no insurance & tax. I think that i have bad time and my application would have gone to evil (not a human being) didn't even think to apply discretion (as per guide, one single unspent conviction resulting relatively small fine can be ignored). I don't know what is small fine in HO dictionary. Anyway, i need to start all over again.
Senthil78. Truly sympathise with you regarding the outcome of your application. You're right: where discretion is concerned you have gotten the wrong side of the coin. I do wish you the best with your next application. Two years will pass by sooner than you think

munisa

Post by munisa » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:47 am

shekel wrote:
joelondon wrote:i duno why the HO are taking ages to deal with application ...its frustrating !!!! over 5 weeks now ...whats the £735 all about ??? bull shit ... :twisted: :evil: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Joe - i waited much more than that :) Just call them and get status out of them :)
Guys what number does one call to get the progress (or if lucky the confirmation of approval) for the application?. Mines several weeks now and some people who applied @ the same time as me have theirs out already.
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:37 am

I applied for passport on 16 June and attended IPS interview yesterday. Questions were quite simple

name and spelling
current address
how I applied
Referee age
questions about my parents
and how many people live with me at current address

About five minutes or so

no question about credit report, mortgage, credit cards and banks etc

fingers crossed for Wednesday

senthil78
Member of Standing

Post by senthil78 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:41 pm

NiiKpani wrote:
senthil78 wrote:
NiiKpani wrote:
senthil78 wrote:

Here is my story,

Senthil78. Truly sympathise with you regarding the outcome of your application. You're right: where discretion is concerned you have gotten the wrong side of the coin. I do wish you the best with your next application. Two years will pass by sooner than you think
Thanks guys for all your supports. Hopefully I may get naturalised to british citizen in 2 years if the rules are not changed. All the best everyone for the future.

Thanks
Senthil

shekel

Post by shekel » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:00 pm

ziqbal_2000 wrote:I applied for passport on 16 June and attended IPS interview yesterday. Questions were quite simple

name and spelling
current address
how I applied
Referee age
questions about my parents
and how many people live with me at current address

About five minutes or so

no question about credit report, mortgage, credit cards and banks etc

fingers crossed for Wednesday
man u are almost there :)))))

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 am

This topic is now locked .... temporarily .... while offensive and off-topic posts are removed.

It will be re-opened later today, but any repeat of any postings in breach of the T&Cs of this board will lead to members concerned being banned.

Edit : Offending posts now removed, and one member banned.

Topic now re-opened, but any off-topic comments will be promptly removed, and the offender considered for banning.
John