ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse/Settlement applications - BHC India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jatinderw

Post by jatinderw » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:20 pm

Hi ... jdhuphar .... im baffled like yourself

Nothing that these people do seems to make sense at all.

Hope that you hear some good news soon also.

highhorse

Post by highhorse » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:31 pm

jdhuphar wrote:
jatinderw wrote:Hi guys

just to keep you all updated as we applied at the same time

the status on the VFS website for our application has changed to

"medical envelope in transit" .. so it looks like applications at Delhi are being sent for medicals.

I can only guess tat this is good news if going for a medical ? .. not sure how long this process takes though ? (anyone have any ideas)

good luck to you all and hope you hear something as well soon.
Sounds like good news.

it takes about 10-12 days after the medical to get the visa.

they only would send for medical if they are going to grant the visa.

getting nervous now. I submitted on the 13/04/10 but only got the under process message on 19/04/10 where as you got it on the 15/04/10
hi, we applied on 27th april and it still hasnt changed from "your application has been forwarded to BHC, New Delhi" so i dont know how they work it out! the waiting just goes on and on. :cry:

anki2003

Post by anki2003 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:30 am

hi,

M still waiting for my spouse visa

Applied on 4/05/2010
13/06/10- Visa application underprocess at BHC
25/06/2010- waiting

jdhuphar

Post by jdhuphar » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:26 am

highhorse wrote:
hi, we applied on 27th april and it still hasnt changed from "your application has been forwarded to BHC, New Delhi" so i dont know how they work it out! the waiting just goes on and on. :cry:
I'm not sure if the tracking is themost accurate. teh BHC has got you application and are probably dealing with it. Just go by the time scale of about 10-12 weeks as this is what it has take most of the guys and gals to get a response (positive or negative). theu updating varies.

Like I said I submitted mine on 13th april and was under process on 19th april. but jatinerw submitted on 14 april and was under process on 15 april.

Hopefully, I will hear something soon and ill keep you updated.
Application submitted - 13/04/10
Under process at BHC - New Delhi - 19/04/10
Medical Envelope inTransit - 25/06/10
Medical Envelope Collected on - 28/06/10
Visa App Under Process At BHC - 07/07/10
Visa received - 08/07/10

has152
Newly Registered

Post by has152 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:51 pm

jdhuphar wrote:
highhorse wrote:
I'm not sure if the tracking is themost accurate. teh BHC has got you application and are probably dealing with it. Just go by the time scale of about 10-12 weeks as this is what it has take most of the guys and gals to get a response (positive or negative). theu updating varies.

Like I said I submitted mine on 13th april and was under process on 19th april. but jatinerw submitted on 14 april and was under process on 15 april.

Hopefully, I will hear something soon and ill keep you updated.

you will dont worry

jdhuphar

Post by jdhuphar » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:27 pm

Hi Guys

Just to update you on the VFS tracking site it has updated to

"Medical Envelope in Transit"-- :D

happy that its moving along. Iknow there is still a wait for about 3 weeks including having the medical and waiting for the visa to be sent back but its reassuring to knw it will happen soon.

It seems like they are taking nearly 11-12 weeks do decide applications. so the rest waiting hold tight and you should get good news in time.
Visa received - 08/07/10

jatinderw

Post by jatinderw » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:33 pm

good news mate

mines changed ready for collection missus is going on monday to pick it up then

jdhuphar

Post by jdhuphar » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:41 pm

jatinderw wrote:good news mate

mines changed ready for collection missus is going on monday to pick it up then
thx

ok our will probably change on monday and collect on tuesday
Visa received - 08/07/10

herohiralal
Newly Registered

Help

Post by herohiralal » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:51 pm

Hello,

I have query, please could anyone help.

I am having a court marriage in India on 13th July 2010 and will apply for wife's settlement visa on 14th July 2010. Is this ok ?

Also how much bank balance do I need show ?

Thanks

jdhuphar

Post by jdhuphar » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:55 pm

hi herohailal

when you submit your application try to give as many docs proving your marriage. so attache wedding cards and more importnantly photos of the wedding.

I was advised that the rules on court marriages in india is different and they only accept court marriage if you are not religous so you cannot say you are doing the religious marriage later as your court marriage will not be legal thus will not be able to get marriage cert.

also my marriage cert took 3 day to get through the court after the wedding again you have to provide wedding cards and photos.

This was in punjab not sure where your applying and if the rules are different.
Visa received - 08/07/10

herohiralal
Newly Registered

Post by herohiralal » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:08 pm

hi jdhuphar,

Thanks for your reply.

I am applying from Mumbai. I will be having my religious marriage on 19 th July and will provide proof such invitation cards etc.

I have been told that I can yet the marriage certificate the same day.

Will this be accepted ?

Also how much balance do I need to show ?

Thanks

jdhuphar

Post by jdhuphar » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:34 pm

it will probably be better to submit docs after your religous wedding to be on the safe side.

I assume you mean balance for savings. I would say around 3-4000 pounds if you are working full time. but there is no definate answer as all your financial circumstances will be considered.
Visa received - 08/07/10

jatinderw

Post by jatinderw » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:49 pm

Hi herohiralal

another bit of advice i did my cout marriage certificate on the 13th of april and got my certificate on the same day .. applied on the 14th of april... but the only reason being is we knew an advocate who worked at the courts and "golden handshakes" are the way there .. so you can get things done on the spot.

all depends on who you know .. sad but true ..

herohiralal
Newly Registered

Post by herohiralal » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:45 pm

Thanks guys.

Jatinderw,

Did you just do court marriage or religious marriage as well ?

Thanks

has152
Newly Registered

Post by has152 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:32 pm

herohiralal wrote:Thanks guys.

Jatinderw,

Thanks
submit both

jatinderw

Post by jatinderw » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:34 pm

herohiralal

Thanks guys.

Jatinderw,

Thanks
Hi .. we did the Religious one 2 days before .. the courts would not issue a Hindu Marriage Certificate unless we showed proof of the Former. This was a certificate issued by the Gurudwara where it took place along with photographs of the actual ceromany happening and they insisted that the Holy ook was in the photographs as well.

Also once we were at the courts we had to take a copy of my wifes ration card and passport along with my own passport, my parents were there as witnesses as well as her parents. They took photographs there as well.

Then once we went inside registered the marriage where they issue a certificate then the judge will sign it before they issue it with a watermark/logo and completed.

Apparently the time that takes the longest is getting it in front of a judge who will only sit during certain times as well. So if you know someone who can get it done for you a bit quicker then its worth paying someone that little bit extra, depending on your circumstances and how quick you need to apply.

Then again not mine was done in Punjab, Jalandhar and it may be different where you are applying.

jatinderw

Post by jatinderw » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:35 pm

So when you submit your documents you need to provide both certificates ... and they insist on the originals ..

Harpz

Post by Harpz » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:55 pm

Congrats Jdhuphar & Jatinder

Great News.
17/03/10: Application Submitted (Delhi)
12/06/10: Application Delivered and Refused
09/07/10: Appeal & Review Lodged
23/07/10: Pending Appeal Notice Received dated 02/12/10
06/01/11: Appeal Hearing and allowed on 17/1/11

highhorse

Post by highhorse » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:29 pm

jdhuphar wrote:Hi Guys

Just to update you on the VFS tracking site it has updated to

"Medical Envelope in Transit"-- :D

happy that its moving along. Iknow there is still a wait for about 3 weeks including having the medical and waiting for the visa to be sent back but its reassuring to knw it will happen soon.

It seems like they are taking nearly 11-12 weeks do decide applications. so the rest waiting hold tight and you should get good news in time.
thats brilliant, :lol: ,must be a good sign if they ask for medical. i hope we get that rather than just ready for collection as if that happened i would be convinced it was bad news! are you guys apart or together at the moment?

ashwanigupta.cfa
Newly Registered

STATUS SHOW PROCESSED APPLICATION DELIVERED TO BLUEDART

Post by ashwanigupta.cfa » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:04 am

hI,
I applied for settlement visa on 12/4/2010 and now status says that processed application forwarded to bluedart. I have not get medical envelop or anythig like this like other people in this forum got before visa. Why did not they send medical envelop?

highhorse

Re: STATUS SHOW PROCESSED APPLICATION DELIVERED TO BLUEDART

Post by highhorse » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:22 am

ashwanigupta.cfa wrote:hI,
I applied for settlement visa on 12/4/2010 and now status says that processed application forwarded to bluedart. I have not get medical envelop or anythig like this like other people in this forum got before visa. Why did not they send medical envelop?
hi
its scary isnt it, we applied 27th april and still waiting. I wish they had a set standard procedure for all of us so we didntworry but reading this forum it seems they dont. Some seem to have medicals and some dont? I hate the not knowing and waiting.
:?
was your case complicated or simple?
ttfn

jatinderw

Post by jatinderw » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:38 am

ashwanigupta.cfa wrote:
hI,
Hi i think from what i have read that applications that are made at the BHC in Delhi are being sent for medicals.

A number of people here who applied at BHC Mumbai .. i dont think are being sent for medicals according to the replies.

Good luck with your applicationg

Harpz .. hope you get your decision overturned as well !

Highhorse .. i was the same as you, i wasn't worried at all until i started reading this forum, but as long as you know the paperwork etc you submitted is correct there should be nothing to worry about.

jdhuphar

Post by jdhuphar » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:01 am

thx

Like jatinderw said. some bhc are asking for medicals some not.

also nothing is definite with bhc so just wait til u get passport. i knw its worrying but unfortunately all you can do is wait.

good luck to those waiting hope its good news

thx harpz, hows your appeal going has you sol submitted it?
Visa received - 08/07/10

ashwanigupta.cfa
Newly Registered

REFUSED

Post by ashwanigupta.cfa » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:36 pm

hi, my settlement visa got refused and eco gave a stupid reason.
following is the decision
"You have provided newspaper cuttings in which your sponsor is reported as stating that her father did not support her marriage and no longer talked to her. You have also submitted a letter of support which purports to be from your sponsor father and states that he will house you. there is no explanation as for this turn around in your sponsor,s father feeling and no contact details supplied in order to verify this offer. I am not satisfied that is a genuine offer. Moreover, you have not provided enough evidence to show your sponsor owns or rent the property in which you plan to live or that mortgage or rent payment are being made. without this i am not satisfied that the accomodation is secure or that you can live in the accomodation without using public funds. (paragraph 281 (v) of HC 395 as amended"
I have submitted letter of support from her father land registry of house which is on her father's name and proof that credit card statement of her father to show their address which is same.
in this point he stated that there is no explanation of this turn around. we got married in 2006 and her father provided letter of support in 2010. its a natural turnaround as at the time of marriage her father was against our marriage but after 4 years its quite natural that her father feeling would have changed towards her. and moreover he provided letter of support and we provided his address to confirm from him. and even in newspaper cutting my wife stated that her father is against marriage but will be allright soon and accept her.

2nd point ECO mentioned " You state that your sponser visit regularly. you were married on 3/10/2006; the passport provided indicates that she visited india in 2008 and 2010. I am not satisfied that this would be reasonably be defined as regular visiting. Moreover, there is no evidence that she visited you on these occassions or stayed with you. for example photographs. I am therefore satisfied that this is a subsisting relationship, because of this I am not satisfied that your intentions arw as u say they are and you and your wife plan to live together. (paragraph 281 (iii) of hc 395 as amended)

We got married in 2006 and she came india in august 2006 and then we ran away coz our parents were against our marriage. In oct 2006 we got married and my parents accepted us and we lived at my house. she went to uk in feb 2007 to meet her parents for 1 month and came back in march 2007. Then she visited her parents again in Dec 2008 for 10 days (emmigration stamps provided as proof of visiting UK) and came back after 10 days. Then she went back to UK in jan 2009 and started working there. since then she lived there for 15months and came back on 10th april 2010 for my application. and now she is here. I provided uk visit stamps of 2008 and ECO thought its INDIA visit stamps thats y he wrote that "she visited india in 2008 and 2010"

can someone advise what should i do whether appeal or admistrative review.

highhorse

Re: REFUSED

Post by highhorse » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:07 pm

ashwanigupta.cfa wrote:hi, my settlement visa got refused and eco gave a stupid reason.
following is the decision
"You have provided newspaper cuttings in which your sponsor is reported as stating that her father did not support her marriage and no longer talked to her. You have also submitted a letter of support which purports to be from your sponsor father and states that he will house you. there is no explanation as for this turn around in your sponsor,s father feeling and no contact details supplied in order to verify this offer. I am not satisfied that is a genuine offer. Moreover, you have not provided enough evidence to show your sponsor owns or rent the property in which you plan to live or that mortgage or rent payment are being made. without this i am not satisfied that the accomodation is secure or that you can live in the accomodation without using public funds. (paragraph 281 (v) of HC 395 as amended"
I have submitted letter of support from her father land registry of house which is on her father's name and proof that credit card statement of her father to show their address which is same.
in this point he stated that there is no explanation of this turn around. we got married in 2006 and her father provided letter of support in 2010. its a natural turnaround as at the time of marriage her father was against our marriage but after 4 years its quite natural that her father feeling would have changed towards her. and moreover he provided letter of support and we provided his address to confirm from him. and even in newspaper cutting my wife stated that her father is against marriage but will be allright soon and accept her.

2nd point ECO mentioned " You state that your sponser visit regularly. you were married on 3/10/2006; the passport provided indicates that she visited india in 2008 and 2010. I am not satisfied that this would be reasonably be defined as regular visiting. Moreover, there is no evidence that she visited you on these occassions or stayed with you. for example photographs. I am therefore satisfied that this is a subsisting relationship, because of this I am not satisfied that your intentions arw as u say they are and you and your wife plan to live together. (paragraph 281 (iii) of hc 395 as amended)

We got married in 2006 and she came india in august 2006 and then we ran away coz our parents were against our marriage. In oct 2006 we got married and my parents accepted us and we lived at my house. she went to uk in feb 2007 to meet her parents for 1 month and came back in march 2007. Then she visited her parents again in Dec 2008 for 10 days (emmigration stamps provided as proof of visiting UK) and came back after 10 days. Then she went back to UK in jan 2009 and started working there. since then she lived there for 15months and came back on 10th april 2010 for my application. and now she is here. I provided uk visit stamps of 2008 and ECO thought its INDIA visit stamps thats y he wrote that "she visited india in 2008 and 2010"

can someone advise what should i do whether appeal or admistrative review.
so sorry for you, its awful firstly being seperated, then having to wait and then being refused. im dreading our applications outcome.

i suppose in hindsight you should have submitted a letter saying why her father had turned around but i really do think that in all the red tape the fact that we are just people trying to be with our loved ones, not immigration experts with a crystal ball seems to be forgotten. they could just have made a phone call and asked rather than a straight refusal.

i think anyone would find it difficult to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that their relationship is real and will last forever and yet that is what we are asked to do. i know i for one havent spent the last three years thinking i must take a photograph of this, take a photograph of that, keep all receipts and so on as i was in love and many special moments are private. thankfully we did have lots of holidays and wedding etc.

i dont know what is best to do for you? dont appeals take a long time? i wonder if re-applying is quicker with new evidence of the things they were worried about? what does everyone else think or has anyone had experience?

hope you sort it
:?