ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"to" address in covering letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vet

"to" address in covering letter

Post by vet » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:19 am

Hi All, I am applying for Tier1 from Bangalore. Is this the "To" address we need to write in covering letter/all other letters? just wanted to confirm it.

The British Deputy High Commission,
Chennai

Thanks in advance

mzeeshan

Re: "to" address in covering letter

Post by mzeeshan » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:13 pm

vet wrote:Hi All, I am applying for Tier1 from Bangalore. Is this the "To" address we need to write in covering letter/all other letters? just wanted to confirm it.

The British Deputy High Comission,
Chennai

Thanks in advance
Hi there,

Just Follow the KISS (Keep it simple stupid) rule and submit only the required documents. No silly cover letters Plzz.. cuz they only confuses the immigration officer and only shows that how desperate you are to enter in UK.

I personally saw those laughs when i went to apply for my Tier 1 G in person in British Embassy in Copenhagen Denmark and 1 fellow indian infront of me submitted 5 cover letters for all 5 sections for his application... and the lady on the counter laughed like hell and said "Why the hell you people attached such silly documents... " and then she returned all his cover letters... and accepted his application. (No Offense to anyone)

So the point is just keep your application simple use dividers or separators instead. Here is "How to" Guide for your application.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 141#382141

Hope that helps

Cheers..
Regards
M.Z

Applied = 14-May-2010 at 9:45 AM
Location = British Embassy Copenhagen Denmark.
Got Tier 1 G on 01-June-2010.
Validity June-2010 - June-2012