ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lovecat
Newly Registered

Post by lovecat » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:37 pm

Hello, Everybody.
I am new here. I found this forum is really helpful and I would like you to give some idea about my situation because I am NOW started to worry about my situation since I have received a notification letter from UKBA on Saturday.

I have been in London since 20th Apr 2000, my visa status is a student through all the last 10 years by now and the current visa valid until 30th Oct 2010(This visa was issued under tier 4)

I made application by using the SET (O) 10 year long residence (10 years student)
Application sent: 5 May 2010
Application Received: 6 May 2010
Payment deducted: 6 May 2010
Acknowledgement letter received: 11 May 2010
Notification letter issued: 17 June 2010 in Liverpool
Notification letter received: 19 June 2010

The notification letter says "A decision has been taken....", so probably I cannot do anything until I hear further info from UKBA.
What I am worry about is the fact they sent me the letter with some part of supporting documents WITHOUT my passport back.
In the last 6 months, my two friends were rejected to be issued student visas under tier 4. Then UKBA sent them only "rejection" letter without passports. In the letter HO asked them to contact with UKBA to inform the date to go home after their airplane ticket would be booked within the next 28 days, their passports were given back at the airport on the day of their departure.....

Will you think my case is going to fall down into rejection?????
I am now really nervous.
I would really appreciate if you could give me some idea...

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:00 pm

lovecat wrote: Will you think my case is going to fall down into rejection?????
I am now really nervous.
I would really appreciate if you could give me some idea...
There's a good chance it is a positive result. If you read through the forum you'll find that other people have had similar cases. The only people that can give you an idea is the UKBA. All you can really do is wait for your response. Goodluck :)

lovecat
Newly Registered

Post by lovecat » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:43 am

Hi Beige,

Thank you so much for your reply. I looked around some boards as you suggested.
I found some hint to be positive through them.
Of cause every cases are different so I cannot be too optimistic, but now I feel much better :)
I will try to be patient until I hear aomething from UKBA!

terlen
Newly Registered

Post by terlen » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:22 am

Hi,
My situation is following.
Entered UK 06 June 2000 - Student Visa
2007 Received Unmarried Partners Visa (Work Permit dependent) Student Visa was valid until 2008.
28 May 2010 Posted MY SET (O) under 10 years for ILR.
Cheque cashed on the 7th June 2010
Still no letter from UKBA confirming my application received.
Please let me know if any one has simmilar situation adn how to deal with it?

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:13 am

terlen wrote:Hi,
2007 Received Unmarried Partners Visa (Work Permit dependent) Student Visa was valid until 2008.
If you sent your application by recorded/special delivery have you tracked the parcel to check if its been delivered to the UKBA?

terlen
Newly Registered

Post by terlen » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:48 am

Beige wrote:
If you sent your application by recorded/special delivery have you tracked the parcel to check if its been delivered to the UKBA?
I have, it was delivered 01 June 2010. But still no letter, how's that work.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:23 pm

terlen wrote: I have, it was delivered 01 June 2010. But still no letter, how's that work.
It would be a number of factors:
  • Problems with Post Office delivery
    Delays in UKBA for that part of the process
    Incorrect address either on the application form or UKBA's input
    If you used a solicitor then the acknowledgement letter would go to them
I'm afraid you won't get the definite answer here. We are applicants like you and are wholly reliant on UKBA processing our applications. The only people that can give you an answer is UKBA and you can't phone them until after 14 weeks. I'm sure they won't want to entertain something like a missing letter however they might give you your reference number.

terlen
Newly Registered

Post by terlen » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:09 pm

It would be a number of factors:
I'm afraid you won't get the definite answer here. We are applicants like you and are wholly reliant on UKBA processing our applications. The only people that can give you an answer is UKBA and you can't phone them until after 14 weeks. I'm sure they won't want to entertain something like a missing letter however they might give you your reference number.[/quote]
Thank you very much. I have used solicitor , solicitor says no letter received. Any way thnak you:)

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:30 pm

terlen wrote:It would be a number of factors:
I'm afraid you won't get the definite answer here. We are applicants like you and are wholly reliant on UKBA processing our applications. The only people that can give you an answer is UKBA and you can't phone them until after 14 weeks. I'm sure they won't want to entertain something like a missing letter however they might give you your reference number.
Thank you very much. I have used solicitor , solicitor says no letter received. Any way thnak you:)[/quote]

What is your solicitor saying about the situation? I used a solicitor and every time I have any worries about my application I contact them. My solicitor is very good at calming me down. Sometimes doesn't say what I want to hear like "received your ILR today" but they know best it's their job :)

durian

Post by durian » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:42 pm

Hi terlen

Our timeline is quite similar. Posted my application on 28th May, received by UKBA on the 1st June. Payment taken on the 2nd(debit card), according to ATM bank statement. I applied myself without a solicitor.

Hope you hear good news soon.

terlen
Newly Registered

Post by terlen » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:56 pm

durian wrote:
Hi terlen

Our timeline is quite similar. Posted my application on 28th May, received by UKBA on the 1st June. Payment taken on the 2nd(debit card), according to ATM bank statement. I applied myself without a solicitor.

Hi durian,
Thank you, hope we both going to get it.
Have you received letter from UKBA confirming they have received your application?

terlen
Newly Registered

Post by terlen » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:59 pm

kiwigirl25 wrote:
terlen wrote:It would be a number of factors:
Thank you very much. I have used solicitor , solicitor says no letter received. Any way thnak you:)
What is your solicitor saying about the situation? I used a solicitor and every time I have any worries about my application I contact them. My solicitor is very good at calming me down. Sometimes doesn't say what I want to hear like "received your ILR today" but they know best it's their job :)[/quote]
Hi Kiwi,
Solicitor says it is no unusual not to receive letter from UKBA, but this is first time I have nor recieved the letter considering I have had 6 extesions of student visa and every time i did get a letter from I.N.D.
Thank you for the support;)

hrushiuk
Newly Registered

Acknoledgement letter, Croydon

Post by hrushiuk » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:48 pm

Hey all, still not any good news from anyone this week huh? I just wanted to mention that my acknoledgement letter from UKBA was dated the following day of me sending in the application (02/06/2010) but it was generated in Croydon! Seems like Liverpool is the quickest in processing but is anyone else waiting from Croydon besides me? Thanks

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Re: Acknoledgement letter, Croydon

Post by kiwigirl25 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:55 pm

hrushiuk wrote:Hey all, still not any good news from anyone this week huh? I just wanted to mention that my acknoledgement letter from UKBA was dated the following day of me sending in the application (02/06/2010) but it was generated in Croydon! Seems like Liverpool is the quickest in processing but is anyone else waiting from Croydon besides me? Thanks
Bad news. All the acknowledgement letters are addressed from Croydon ...it's the Head Office. You will never know which processing centre your application has gone to unless they contact you.

hrushiuk
Newly Registered

Post by hrushiuk » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:12 pm

Ah gutted! lol thanks kiwigirl25. I should have known that sinceive been doing all my applications for past ten years!lol All that Acknowledgment letter states is standard notification as to not to travel unless really have to and now the case is going to the casework unit! Ah hope you have been having a good week anyway..thanks,should I hear anymore, I shall post it :))

durian

Post by durian » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:26 pm

terlen wrote:
durian wrote:
Hi terlen

Hi durian,
Thank you, hope we both going to get it.
Have you received letter from UKBA confirming they have received your application?
Yes, I received the acknowledgement letter (dated 1st June) later in the same week - I think it took about 3 days to arrive.

terlen
Newly Registered

Post by terlen » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:52 pm

Thank you durian,
Hope your application get proccessed with positive result and hope it will
be soon mate.

sam_lam15

Post by sam_lam15 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:51 pm

hrushiuk wrote:Hey all, still not any good news from anyone this week huh? I just wanted to mention that my acknoledgement letter from UKBA was dated the following day of me sending in the application (02/06/2010) but it was generated in Croydon! Seems like Liverpool is the quickest in processing but is anyone else waiting from Croydon besides me? Thanks
I think all the letters are addressed as Croydon, even those who got ILR stamped in Liverpool, their acknowledgement letters are also adressed as Croydon. that is all I know, (or if there is anyone who got acknowledgement letter from Liverpool or Sheffield, please post it here to let us know. Thanks)

To Devonian and Zeddie,
have you got any news from UKBA yet? you guys posted it in April, and so far I have heard over 10 sucessful cases from various BBS, all submitted in April or early May, they all got ILR after 6-8 weeks' wait. that is why I am asking you two if there is any news yet? good luck!

To: Superstar,
have you heard any news since you last contacted UKBA? your payment went through ok? good luck

expecting to hear a lot of good news here on this board.

good luck guys, we all need it.

Sam

powermatic

Post by powermatic » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:49 pm

well,well,well....
why is it sooooooooo quiet recently, I do not expect my documents any time soon, but it would be nice to see some more cases shifting. Perhaps some of you guys are following some other forums and have read some news elsewhere? please share with us if so :wink:
lets hope that Cloudstar will be next one....
I am sorry but I personally will not take SR's case as a timeline as I remember the person was refused twice before and their case may be classed as complicated (well, of course, I may be wrong).
Anyway, best wishes to all of us!!!

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:19 pm

sam_lam15, no mate sorry i didnt get any news yet :( im going to wait till my 14 week wait over then ask my lawyer to get an update with them :?

cloudstar
Newly Registered

Post by cloudstar » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:26 pm

[quote="powermatic"]
lets hope that Cloudstar will be next one.... [/quote]

I dont know mate phoned UKBA today and was told that they had not yet made a decision on my case. So Im not even watching the mail box anymore, I have prepared myself for a long wait yet again. :cry:

superstar

Post by superstar » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:13 am

@ sam_lam15

still waiting and havent heard anything yet and not even my cheque has gone through 8 days so far since i sent again my cheque with new application to liverpool address. I can confirm that they have received my post looking into royal mail website, but i think the case worker would have other cases to deal first then he will consider mine :?

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:56 am

Hi sam_lam15

I remember reading from your previous posts that you received a reject in 2008/2009 and were going to appeal. How did you get on? Were you successful with your appeal?

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:55 am

zeddie wrote:sam_lam15, no mate sorry i didnt get any news yet :( im going to wait till my 14 week wait over then ask my lawyer to get an update with them :?
Hi zeddie

I lost my patience at the 14 weeks mark and again at 4 months therefore asked my solicitor to get an update at those times. But they refused on the basis that UKBA's "service level agreement" is 6 months and they request that no contact is made during that time from anyone (it's in the acknowledgement letter), even solicitors. As immigration solicitors deal with the UKBA on a daily basis they don't want to get on their bad side. So I won't be surprised if you get a similar response.

Try phoning yourself if you want an update but expect the standard response that everyone here is accustomed to getting.

lovecat
Newly Registered

Post by lovecat » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:38 pm

Hi Beige,

I have finally got my passport with ILR back after receiving the notification letter. Yes, the letter is positive sign as you said!! Thank you so much Beige :D

Only one thing I would like to complain about UKBA now is that they used 2nd class “signed forâ€