ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

father paralyzed- dependant visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raja_no_1

father paralyzed- dependant visa

Post by raja_no_1 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:57 pm

hello

My father is paralyzed and is bed ridden age 69 and mother is age 60 but in good health so far.

I am on ILR. What is the chance that I can bring my parents on dependant visa to uk and wht things do I need to prove.

I have a sister who is not willing to support parents as she is already married and with kids and her husband does not agree.

rgds

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: father paralyzed- dependant visa

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:52 pm

raja_no_1 wrote:hello

My father is paralyzed and is bed ridden age 69 and mother is age 60 but in good health so far.

I am on ILR. What is the chance that I can bring my parents on dependant visa to uk and wht things do I need to prove.

I have a sister who is not willing to support parents as she is already married and with kids and her husband does not agree.

rgds
So the British Taxpayer gets to pay!!?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

raja_no_1

Post by raja_no_1 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:14 am

havent i paid enough tax for the past 6 years earning more then 60k to take care of my dependents and not claiming any benefits so far?

sunnyboy786
Newly Registered

Post by sunnyboy786 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:11 pm

Hi Raja, I think you should first get them here on visit visa (6 months) and than try to apply for settlement (either from within UK or from your country of residence).

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:57 pm

sunnyboy786 wrote:Hi Raja, I think you should first get them here on visit visa (6 months) and than try to apply for settlement (either from within UK or from your country of residence).
Bad advice, almost certain refusal as the ECO will assume the intention was to enter and attempt to settle, meaning any future visa will be denied.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....