ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion about 12 out of 15 month time for salary proof.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hacky
Newly Registered

Confusion about 12 out of 15 month time for salary proof.

Post by hacky » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:59 pm

Hi All

I will be appearing in person for tier 1 visa on 21st July 2010.

I have been in UK from April 2010. Before that I was in India for one year i.e. 1st April 2009 - 31st March 2010

I am planning to show my Indian salary slips from 1st April 2009 - 31st March 2010.

In the guidance document it says:

100. previous earnings in any single, consecutive 12-month period during the 15 months immediately before the date of applying. An applicant may claim points for a 12-month period of earnings outside of this 15 months if they can show that he/she has been:
away from the workplace for a time during • the last 12 months because of a period of maternity or adoption-related absence.
All the periods we specify are calendar 101. months (for example 14 January – 13 February).

My question is that if I show the salary slips from 1st April 2009 - 31st March 2010, will they be ok or out of 15 month time period(I am appearing on 21st July)

I get my salary at month end.

It wuill be easier for me to show the Indian since I can use my tax retun as second proof. Else I will have to show one months UK salary (Will Bank statement be enough fo the one month, I will be submitting them for maintenance fund anyway.

Thanks

hacky
Newly Registered

Post by hacky » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:56 am

Hi, Can anyone suggest what should I do?

I know there are guidelines in manual but there is a lot of confusion.

Each person I have talked is giving some different opinion.

Thanks

hacky
Newly Registered

Post by hacky » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:38 pm

Hi

Any Ideas?

mzeeshan

Re: Confusion about 12 out of 15 month time for salary proof

Post by mzeeshan » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:55 pm

hacky wrote:Hi All

I will be appearing in person for tier 1 visa on 21st July 2010.

I have been in UK from April 2010. Before that I was in India for one year i.e. 1st April 2009 - 31st March 2010

I am planning to show my Indian salary slips from 1st April 2009 - 31st March 2010.

In the guidance document it says:

100. previous earnings in any single, consecutive 12-month period during the 15 months immediately before the date of applying. An applicant may claim points for a 12-month period of earnings outside of this 15 months if they can show that he/she has been:
away from the workplace for a time during • the last 12 months because of a period of maternity or adoption-related absence.
All the periods we specify are calendar 101. months (for example 14 January – 13 February).

My question is that if I show the salary slips from 1st April 2009 - 31st March 2010, will they be ok or out of 15 month time period(I am appearing on 21st July)

I get my salary at month end.

It wuill be easier for me to show the Indian since I can use my tax retun as second proof. Else I will have to show one months UK salary (Will Bank statement be enough fo the one month, I will be submitting them for maintenance fund anyway.

Thanks
Hi there,

Regarding your 15 months confusion.
I also submitted the past earnings proof for the same time period as you are doing right now but the thing is as far as i can say based on personal experience if you are only showing your indian salary for April 2009 to March 2010 and your application date is 21st July then you are out of 15 months time period.

15 months starts immediately before your application date. your total 15 months are from April 2009 to June 2010 out of which your are showing 12 consecutive months earning starting from 01-April 2009 till 31-Mar-2010. For this reason your application date should be either in April or May or June. As I booked my application date/appointment in person on 14 May-2010.

If you cant do that then show the indian salary slips from 01-June-2009 till Mar 2010 and show 2 salary slips from UK for April n May 2010 to fall in the 15 months period.

Regarding your Tax statement confusion.
Only attach the tax statement if it matches the earning period that you are claiming. Normally tax year dont match with the time period you are claiming. What i did i only submitted my bank statement and salary slips as mentioned in the Guide that you only need 1 evidence from 2 different sources.

So From Source 1 which is your employer just attached your salary slips and From Source 2 which is your Bank , just attach bank statement. But make sure your salary transfer dates on salary slips and bank statement must must match and should be same.

Hope that helps
Regards
M.Z

Applied = 14-May-2010 at 9:45 AM
Location = British Embassy Copenhagen Denmark.
Got Tier 1 G on 01-June-2010.
Validity June-2010 - June-2012

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:10 pm

I would suggest that you use Pay Slips + Bank Statements for claiming points for earning. May 24 2009 would be your 15 month start date.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

hacky
Newly Registered

Post by hacky » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:59 pm

Thanks mzeeshan and push for your replies. Does the same logic apply for maintenance funds?

I will be showing my UK bank account statement for the maintenance fund (which come thru post). I will be showing them for the month of April, May and June.

My date to appear in person is 21st July. Will the above three statements be good since in guidance it is written 90 days before the application date. But its also written the last statement can be one calendar month old

What happened in your cases

Thanks

mzeeshan

Post by mzeeshan » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:37 pm

hacky wrote:Thanks mzeeshan and push for your replies. Does the same logic apply for maintenance funds?

I will be showing my UK bank account statement for the maintenance fund (which come thru post). I will be showing them for the month of April, May and June.

My date to appear in person is 21st July. Will the above three statements be good since in guidance it is written 90 days before the application date. But its also written the last statement can be one calendar month old

What happened in your cases

Thanks
Ur welcome Buddy..

Well in my case i submitted my 90 days bank statement starting from Jan 2010 to 30 April 2010 (Feb is only 28 days so have to show Jan 2010 statement to complete 90 days so all in all 4 months statement) and my application date was 14 May 2010. So mine maintenance fund statement was not 1 calender month old before my application date rather it was only 14 days old.

You must do the same 1 calender month is the max. time period mentioned. it is safe that ur statement must not be older then that. As you mentioned that you r submitting the maintenance fund statement for April May and june. From 1st April 2010 till 30-June-2010 it is 91 days statement which is more than enough and according to your application date it will be only 21 days old which is less then the 1 calendar month time period as mentioned in the guide.

So Chill you are all set to goo buddy...

Cheers.
Regards
M.Z

Applied = 14-May-2010 at 9:45 AM
Location = British Embassy Copenhagen Denmark.
Got Tier 1 G on 01-June-2010.
Validity June-2010 - June-2012