ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is time limit (in Days) to fly to UK after Tier 1 G ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mzeeshan

What is time limit (in Days) to fly to UK after Tier 1 G ?

Post by mzeeshan » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:55 am

Hi everyone,

I got my Tier 1 G stamped on 01-June-2010 with a validity of 2 years. Thanks to all the help i got from this good forum. But i have not yet entered UK and still in my native country. So i have 2 very small but very imp Questions which are as follows:

Q1. What is the Max time limit (in days) during which i must enter UK for the very first time ?

Q2. What is the max. time (in days) one can live outside UK each year ?

Plz Plz help me.. cuz i think there is a limit of some days for both scenario i already spent 1 month in my native country after getting my visa stamped.

Plz help experts its urgent now..

Thanks in advance.
Regards
M.Z

Applied = 14-May-2010 at 9:45 AM
Location = British Embassy Copenhagen Denmark.
Got Tier 1 G on 01-June-2010.
Validity June-2010 - June-2012

laskk

Re: What is time limit (in Days) to fly to UK after Tier 1 G

Post by laskk » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:37 am

mzeeshan wrote:Hi everyone,

I got my Tier 1 G stamped on 01-June-2010 with a validity of 2 years.
i have one question to ask u, is that

u got 2 years visa?
As far as my knowledge goes T1 G get first time 3 years validity. please correct me if im wrong.

About yours question im not really sure, so wait and see, i think you get good response. this forum is always helpful.

Regards.

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:46 am

As far as my knowledge goes T1 G get first time 3 years validity. please correct me if im wrong.
Please note that Tier-1 Rules have changed. Now the Visa is given for 2 years and extension for 3 years.

Shepherd

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:59 am

Q1. What is the Max time limit (in days) during which i must enter UK for the very first time ?
One of the many links on the topic

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=58957
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=58838

Shepherd

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:06 am

no time limit but just be aware of the requirement of ILR you're likely to get in future
Goodluck.

laskk

Post by laskk » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:15 am

gd_Shepherd wrote:
Please note that Tier-1 Rules have changed. Now the Visa is given for 2 years and extension for 3 years.

Shepherd

Thanks for the information.

Regards

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:29 am

Absolutely no time limit as long as you fly in before the visa expires :)

mzeeshan

Post by mzeeshan » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:53 pm

[iD] wrote:no time limit but just be aware of the requirement of ILR you're likely to get in future
Thanks for the info. would you be kind enough to tell me something about the requirements of ILR and what is ILR ? Any links would be of great benefits

Because i believe there is a limit of days regarding how many days you can stay outside UK each year before your Tier 1 extension. So entering late in uk or staying out of uk more then the limit is the same thing in my opinion. Cuz in the end you are outside UK.

So plz tell me the details about the days limit of ILR or point me to the link for details.

Thanks alot
Regards
M.Z

Applied = 14-May-2010 at 9:45 AM
Location = British Embassy Copenhagen Denmark.
Got Tier 1 G on 01-June-2010.
Validity June-2010 - June-2012

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:02 am

mzeeshan wrote:
[iD] wrote:no time limit but just be aware of the requirement of ILR you're likely to get in future
Thanks for the info. would you be kind enough to tell me something about the requirements of ILR and what is ILR ? Any links would be of great benefits

Because i believe there is a limit of days regarding how many days you can stay outside UK each year before your Tier 1 extension. So entering late in uk or staying out of uk more then the limit is the same thing in my opinion. Cuz in the end you are outside UK.

So plz tell me the details about the days limit of ILR or point me to the link for details.

Thanks alot
ILR= Indefinite Leave to Remain, You can apply for ILR after you stay here for 5 years on Tier1 etc. To be eligible for ILR you have to follow certain rules regarding spending minimum number your time outside UK. and you can only apply for ILR if you've been here at least 5 years (-28) days. You can go outside UK but you can not go for over 3 months in a year or something like that.
Mind you it's all gonna change next year as they'll get rid of ILR and replace it with Earned Citizenship but in essence it's pretty same thing. try the link below.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=59339
Goodluck.