ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR eligibility started work 1 month late

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kewlplanet
Newly Registered

ILR eligibility started work 1 month late

Post by kewlplanet » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:10 pm

Hi,

I got my FLR (work permit) in the last week of August 2005 and started my job from the 1st October 2005. I was in the UK all the time as I was only switching from student visa.

Am I eligible for the ILR end of July 2010, even though I started my job one month late i.e., from Oct 2005? Please advise

Many thanks.
K

sunday
Newly Registered

Post by sunday » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:57 pm

I think you would be ok.

As they ask your P60s x 5 which you will have any way whether you started Oct 05 and you can have a letter from your employer saying you have been employment since your work permit was approved ( in some cases it is possible that job is offered but the start date is in 4 weeks time i.e waiting for the person previously working to finish their notic period).