ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

did anyone get decision on EU1 in 6 month ?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Emc

did anyone get decision on EU1 in 6 month ?

Post by Emc » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:49 pm

Hi all, Just been reading on this forum about people having their EU1 applications delayed over 6 month and i am getting worried about mine. 6 month will be up in the beginning of August and i just got myself a job with a contract till end of the year, so will really need the decision before 6 month are up to show the employer that i have the right to work after temp stamp 4. Any ideas?? Should we right to INIS a few weeks in advance and ask for a solution? My husband is in a steady employment, Thanx God!! So that should not be a problem.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:18 am

Hi EMC, theres been a few on this whose application went well over the 6 months, but I think most uncomplicated cases are processed by the 6 months.

If you dont have a response within 10 working days of your stamp 4 expiring, remind them of the legal fact that they have to have your application processed within 6 months and quote the relevent part of the directive.

If it is the unfortunate case that they do not process your application within the timeframe, contact SOLVIT immediately and they should get a speedy reply. What also would help is your husband contacting his local TD who would only be able to send a letter on your behalf requesting a decision but it usually makes them quicken things up.

One question I had for you if you could help, my partner and I have applied for EU Treaty Rights and we are soon to receive the letter on how to obtain the temp stamp. Do you know what is the best time to go to GNIB to register??

I (EU Citizen) work til 6pm about half an hour without traffic away from Burgh Quay so is it possible for my partner to get a ticket at around 3/4pm and me to arrive around 7/7.30pm or do we both need to be there? Do you know when they stop issuing tickets? Thanks in advance :)
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:22 am

One other thing.

I know the majority of employers insist on solid proof of the entitlement to enter employment, but your right to employment is not based on the residence card you are applying for. Once your spouse is exercising their treaty rights, you are automatically entitled to live and work here.

If you think you think will have trouble with your employer you could try and explain the directive 2004/38/EC and also give them a copy of it with the relevent parts highlighted stating that you are entitled to work along with evidence that you are a family member of an EU citizen.

Hope this helps.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

Emc

Post by Emc » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:42 am

Hi Monife, Thanx for the information.

About the GNIB I know that when i had to go and get my temp EU4 i had arrived there at around 8 am without my husband, since he was at at work and there were at least 150 people already in. The immigration guy didn't even give me a ticket , because i had to bring my husband with me. To be fair the letter did say about EU citizen being there but it wasn't very clear if he must. So later same day around 12 noon after my hubbys shift we went together and spent till 4.30pm there. So yo both will have to take a day off and do it. Best of luck to you!!!

Knightriders
Newly Registered

no response from doj

Post by Knightriders » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:13 pm

hello emc..i am still waiting for my 5 yrs eufam from the last 2 and half months.but i didnot get any response yet from doj.they are still saying that we are currently processing your application,when this processing is complete,then issued.i know some of my friends,,they are waiting as well from the 1-2 months.i don't know whey they are delaying.we can't do job without the valid visa.
thats very difficult.

Emc

Post by Emc » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:24 pm

Oh, dear... That is not what i would like to hear-- the long overdue decisions!!

Hey,Knightriders is your case complicated? I mean any refusals before os smth? It is just that Monife mentioned that only complicated cases get overdue, so i was hoping to get mine in time, since neather me or my Hubby have never been to IE before and no immigration history here. I am sorry to hear that your case is delayed for sooo long. Best of luck i and i hope you will get it any day now.