ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS and Required docs

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SubChand1
Newly Registered

NCS and Required docs

Post by SubChand1 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:03 pm

Hello members

I am applying for naturalisation through NCS could I request Honourable members to give me their input on this.

1. Can I download the pdf form - AN(New) August 2005 and fill it electronically, I mean use the pdf writter and fill the form.

2. List of documents that I should take with me to NCS.

3. Can I use my credit card statement received last month for the proof of identity.

thanks
Subchand

bbdivo
Member of Standing

Re: NCS and Required docs

Post by bbdivo » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:13 pm

SubChand1 wrote:Hello members

I am applying for naturalisation through NCS could I request Honourable members to give me their input on this.

1. Can I download the pdf form - AN(New) August 2005 and fill it electronically, I mean use the pdf writter and fill the form.

2. List of documents that I should take with me to NCS.

3. Can I use my credit card statement received last month for the proof of identity.

thanks
Subchand
You can download the pdf form from the (very slow) IND website. Unfortunately you cant fill them out electronically (which would have been nice!) You'll have to use a good old fashioned pen.

As to what you require, It's in the AN(new) form, depends what category you are applying under. (marriage or work related, etc)

SubChand1
Newly Registered

Post by SubChand1 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:49 pm

thanks for your reply.

Sorry about my ignorance, my hand writting is not that good infact its really bad. I would prefer to fill the form electronically, is this forbidden or illegal?

thanks
Subchand

basis

Post by basis » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:57 pm

how can you fill the form the only 'soft' copy of which is available in pdf format. You have to print it and then fill it.

You can get someone else (wife or daughter) to fill in for you in the worst case. (And then you can impress your right thumb as your signature - what if they cant recognise your signature ....just kidding :lol: )

IMHO - The entire form is to be filled in BLOCK letters. And normally BLOCK letters are legible whatever is the state of your handwriting.

SubChand1
Newly Registered

Post by SubChand1 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:02 pm

Ok then, I think I will have to fill the form with some one else help then.

"how can you fill the form the only 'soft' copy of which is available in pdf format. You have to print it and then fill it. how can you fill the form the only 'soft' copy of which is available in pdf format. You have to print it and then fill it. "

I use pdf writter, with which we can edit the pdf file and type the content in appropriate fields.

thanks
Subchand

basis

Post by basis » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:04 pm

Better to ask IND......I remember it saying use black / blue ink to fill in the application. But IMHO it should not matter. But best is to confirm with IND.

bbdivo
Member of Standing

Post by bbdivo » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:35 pm

All US immigration forms are like that, you can type directly on the PDF form and then print it out and only have to sign it. It's a good idea, IND should consider doing that to their forms.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:49 pm

Unfortunately you cant fill them out electronically (which would have been nice!) You'll have to use a good old fashioned pen.
Why? It is surely possible to fill in the form on screen and then print it. The signature will have to be done with a pen of course.

And to prove it .... my wife's AN(NEW) application form was filled in on screen and then printed .. submitted .... application granted ... no query at all. Five weeks only ... at a time when the average application was said to be taking eight months.

As long as someone has the technical ability to fill in the form on screen .. why not? Go for it.
John

SubChand1
Newly Registered

Post by SubChand1 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:06 pm

thanks for your points on this guys.

filling the form electronically will add clarity to the form. More over my name is very lengthy and if they dont read it very carefully then my naturalisation certificate will have my name spelt wrongly.

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:13 pm

Just to clarify...

The application forms on the IND website are not designed to be filled in online. For most people, these forms will simply open in the free "Acrobat Reader" programme, which enables you to read, save or print them, without being able to make any changes - ie you cannot type onto them.

However, those people who have a programme that is capable of editing PDF files will be able to complete them online, and print the completed version.

I wonder why IND don't make their own job easier by creating PDF files with "editable fields", so that everyone could complete the form on their computer, not just those who have invested in special software? It could only speed things up, and reduce the potential for errors caused by a combination of unclear handwriting and unfamiliar names...
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:19 pm

I remember it saying use black / blue ink to fill in the application
Just picking up on this point ... my wife's application .. filled in on screen ... when printed all the typed-in characters were in .. black ink .... as from the printer.

Paul, I agree with your point, IND should do and and make the form fillable on screen prior to printing. But I think they should not stop at the AN(NEW). All of their forms should be completable on screen prior to printing.
John

bbdivo
Member of Standing

Post by bbdivo » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:48 pm

John, I have a copy of the old AN(NEW) and the latest AN(NEW) and the latest Adobe Reader (7.07) and I can't type anything into any of the fields. Are you doing somehing before typing on the PDF?

I have a full copy of Adobe Acrobat at work, so I'll try that tomorrow.

With the US forms, you can type directly on to form itself, even with the basic adobe reader.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:02 pm

bbdivo, IND have done nothing to enable users to input data on to the form. So if you just have Adobe Reader then then is no ability to input anything.

You mention a "full copy of Adobe Acrobat at work" .... which is exactly what I have here. It took, frankly, hours to complete the form on screen ... but then we wanted to make sure it was "just right" before it went of to IND.

But if filling it in by hand, well that would not be just a five minute job either.
John

SubChand1
Newly Registered

Post by SubChand1 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:01 am

Acrobat reader and Acrobat writer are two different things. Reader is downloadable from anywhere and its free. Writer is a licensed software.

I user acrobat writer to fill the form, Switch to design mode, create text box's in the form fields, name it and set the font characteristics when all done, enter the required texts in there. Thats how I fill it.

John I am sorry I can't understand what you mean by 'Just Right'.

Is it still ok to fill the form electronically?.

Also please could someone possibly throw some light on the required documentation that I need to gather for safer side while going to NCS.

Many thanks
SubChand

ezh

Post by ezh » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:09 am

[quote]As long as someone has the technical ability to fill in the form on screen .. why not? Go for it.[/quote]

John,
(just a general remark, slightly off topic)
it's not necesserely always right that having some ability is good for you - as you probably remmeber, I was ABLE enought to fill my naturalization form without the NCS and ended up waiting for the approval letter for almost 5 month. But be I UNABLE and use the NCS I would get it in about 1 month :D

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:53 am

John I am sorry I can't understand what you mean by 'Just Right'.
Sorry, for "just right" substitute "just perfect" or "totally perfect".

OK other people might have used a similar method of completing the form AN(NEW) but I am going to say that my wife's form was the neatest that IND in Liverpool have received .... ever :!:
Is it still ok to fill the form electronically?.
Yes, but you will get no technical help from IND. They have not laid down fields on the form for completion on screen, so the user has to do that themselves, and will need more than just Adobe Reader to achieve that.

The form says to complete in blue or black ink. It does not say it needs to be handwritten (although obviously the form needs to be signed with a pen). The ink that comes out of the printer attached to my computer is black ink .... so no problem there.

Go for it ... if you have the computer technical ability to do that.
John