ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SHAHZAD1204
Newly Registered

Post by SHAHZAD1204 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:10 pm

I applied in May 17/05/10, status changed on the 29.05.10, my work place aint got a call yet either. do they always ring up your work place.

Corsa786
Newly Registered

Post by Corsa786 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:14 pm

I think they do call ur work, u probably get a call next week because I submitted on 4/5/10 status changed on 18/05/10 and they called work on 24/6/10. So it's probably 7th or 8th week since submitting that they call.
Inshallah it will be very soon and we will here some good news :P

c4_2007

Post by c4_2007 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:32 am

AsslamuAlaykumWarahmatullah,

I pray that this message finds you all in the best of Health and Eeman.

I have also recently discovered this forum and thought it would be useful to contribute the status of my wifes application.

Tues 04/05/2010 - App submitted Lahore
Wed 05/05/2010 - App forwarded to Islamabad OC.
Mon 17/05/10 - Visa Application is under process at British High Commission

May Allah increase us all in Patience during these testing times and as mentioned before, we should all try to make the most of this free time we have (without your spouse) in the remembrance of Allah and gaining knowledge of this beautiful religion.
Last edited by c4_2007 on Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snipered

Post by snipered » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:54 am

SHAHZAD1204 wrote:I applied in May 17/05/10, status changed on the 29.05.10, my work place aint got a call yet either. do they always ring up your work place.
Hi, i spoke to my HR lady and told her that they may ring. She says that all the previous ones shes done they havent called but if they do she will answer any of their questions and tell me that they have called.

By the way, i work for the NHS.

Tweety
Newly Registered

Post by Tweety » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:49 pm

Salamz

I think now a dayz BHC is more strict and mostly they r ringing everyone workplace to find out wateva information is given is true. Seems like after ringin ur workplace u will recieve passport back within 2-3 weeks.

They havent ring my husbands workplace so we r still waiting :( . My cute husband thinks coz he work in NHS so they mite not ring :roll:

By the grace of Allah miya everyone will get a positive reply Inshallah :)

Corsa786
Newly Registered

Post by Corsa786 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:14 pm

He might be right they might not ring if he works for nhs. I work in a small company, probably had to make sure I worked there.

SHAHZAD1204
Newly Registered

Post by SHAHZAD1204 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:31 pm

I work at a DEntal practice as a dental nurse so they may not ring either as it is part of the nhs.lol.hope everything goes well for everone inshallah.

newbie21

accomadation letter

Post by newbie21 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:09 pm

hi all

i just wanted to know what i need to have written in the accomadation letter if i am living with my sister and her husband. i will be living rent free.

snipered

Re: accomadation letter

Post by snipered » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:35 am

newbie21 wrote:hi all

i just wanted to know what i need to have written in the accomadation letter if i am living with my sister and her husband. i will be living rent free.
You need two letters.
One accomodation report and one letter from the owners of the property.

The first, get done officially from an official place and ensure it mentions the housing act etc. DO NOT accept it if it does not.

The second, you need your sister to write. Stating that they own the property. Also, they need to mention that you live rent free and expenses. You need to mention, that as the owners, they are happy for you and your wife to live there rent free for as long as they may wish.

newbie21

accomadation

Post by newbie21 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:33 pm

is it wise to send a picture of the front of house i will be staying in.

this is to show adequate space in house.

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:23 am

Hi everyone.
I have sent approximately £2000 to my partner 8 months ago and have proof of this via a money traner sheet. Do I need to show where I got this money from? For example bank statements from 8 months ago showing the money in my bank being withdrawn?

billo

Post by billo » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:40 am

Newbie21, you should send pictures of the front, back, number plate of house and also pictures of all the rooms. Stick them on several sheets of A4 and label each picture.
Last edited by billo on Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:41 am

Hey everyone and Batleykhan :)
I have used Batleykhans brilliant sponsorship declaration template but am uncertain about the following paragraph:-

"I also undertake to repatriate them at my cost if and when necessary and to bear all the cost of any medical treatment that they may receive. Furthermore I agree to bear all the costs of burial or cremation in the event of their death in this country. "

Is it necessary to write this as I am applying for a spouse visa and not a visit visa.?

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:08 am

I've been emailing a few places to try and get an update.

My email which I sent to ukhub.pakistangeneralenquiries@fco.gsi.gov.uk :
Sent: 23 June 2010 12:23
To: UKHUB Pakistan Settlement Enquiries and Complaints (Restricted)
Subject: Settlement visa Ref: 9876537892245

Hi

I'm emailing with regards to my wife's settlement visa application. I'm her sponsor.

Applicant: hghfdl sjdfhs
DOB: dg/df/tr
Ref: 9876537892245

Are you able to provide an update as to the status of the application? Has a decision been made?

I'm asking because my wife is heavily pregnant and flying becomes hazardous in not too long.

Kind regards

Elvis

Reply from UKHUB.PakistanSettlementEnquiriesandComplaints@fco.gov.uk :

From: UKHUB.PakistanSettlementEnquiriesandComplaints@fco.gov.uk
Sent: 24 June 2010 10:42:47
To:
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your email. As clearly noted on Gerrys website settlement applications can take up to 12 weeks from the date of application to process. Enquiries should be only be made in to the status of the application if 12 weeks passes and the applicant has not been contacted.

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team

And today I get this head scratcher in reply to the same email I sent as above, but sent to ukhub.pakistangeneralenquiries@fco.gov.uk on 17 June 2010:

Sent: 27 June 2010 05:30:31
To:

Dear Elvis,

Thank you for your email of «date»asking for the progress on your visa application.

Unfortunately we are unable to answer your enquires because we need further personal details such as full name, date of birth, passport number and application reference number.

Thank you, and regards,

Head of Post Decision Team

UKBAIG Abu Dhabi

Anybody know what that's about? Why would 'appeals.abudhabi' reply to me especially when I didn't email them and I haven't appealed?

I've replied to them anyway with the info they asked for, let's see how long they take getting back to me...
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

snipered

Post by snipered » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:30 am

billo wrote:Newbie21, you should send pictures of the front, back, number plate of house and also pictures of all the rooms. Stick them on several sheets of A4 and label each picture.
Would not recommend this.

Reason: All that is needed is an official accomodation report. You dont need pictures.

If you post pictures of the rooms, they may see something that they dont like. Whether thats a violation of housing, or anything really.

sh4hb4z
Newly Registered

Any updates?

Post by sh4hb4z » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:03 am

People who submitted on or around the 20th April.. received any updates yet?

I am still waiting... :roll:

Things seem to have come to an halt.. my decision was made 07/06/2010, seems that are taking forever to let us know the outcome.

Everyone in the same boat reply so I know I'm not the only one..

Shahbaz

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:21 am

shahbaz - why dont u try getting your partner in pak to call gerrys? thats where the hold up appears to be

yaz107
Newly Registered

Post by yaz107 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:27 am

Shahbaz.

Me and my husband are in the same boat as you - you are not alone! My husband applied on 20th April. Status changed to "under process on 12th May. We have emailed and get the standard "please allow twelve weeks to pass" reply. We havent been told that a decision has been made either - like a lot of people in this forum.

I'm getting fed up of this waiting. People who applied afterwards seem to have received a decision.

z4ydi

Re: Any updates?

Post by z4ydi » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:28 am

sh4hb4z wrote:People who submitted on or around the 20th April.. received any updates yet?

I am still waiting... :roll:

Things seem to have come to an halt.. my decision was made 07/06/2010, seems that are taking forever to let us know the outcome.

Everyone in the same boat reply so I know I'm not the only one..

Shahbaz
How do you know your decision was made on 07/06/10? Did you email them?

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:31 am

Kaidee - Mate I am in the same boat, my wife is pregnent too Alhamdulellah and it worries me if the pregnancy goes beyod 7 months then air port regulations will not allow them to fly - so 7 months is just the boarderline. my wife is 5 months now - May Allah SWT make it easy.

billo

Post by billo » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:35 am

snipered wrote:
billo wrote:Newbie21, you should send pictures of the front, back, number plate of house and also pictures of all the rooms. Stick them on several sheets of A4 and label each picture.
Would not recommend this.

Reason: All that is needed is an official accomodation report. You dont need pictures.

If you post pictures of the rooms, they may see something that they dont like. Whether thats a violation of housing, or anything really.
I think it's a good idea, so ECO can see condition of house. It's not mandatory so you do it if you wish. If you don't than that's fine. We are including a report from a chartered surveyor plus pics of the house in the app being submitted by sister-in-law.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Hi everyone, this is a fantastic forum with a lot of helpful information being flown around :)

Can someone tell me how do you go about the Health Screening (TB) test in Islamabad?

The info on Ukvacpk website suggests that you should submit a TB test certificate with the application but the guy at Gerry's says you'll need to book an appointment AFTER submitting your settlement application.

How can one submit certificate WITH application if it is to be obtained AFTER submitting it?

What is the real way to go about this please?
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

billo

Post by billo » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:57 pm

Shadow86 wrote:Hi everyone, this is a fantastic forum with a lot of helpful information being flown around :)

Can someone tell me how do you go about the Health Screening (TB) test in Islamabad?

The info on Ukvacpk website suggests that you should submit a TB test certificate with the application but the guy at Gerry's says you'll need to book an appointment AFTER submitting your settlement application.

How can one submit certificate WITH application if it is to be obtained AFTER submitting it?

What is the real way to go about this please?
You need to get the TB test done first then book an appointment with gerrys to submit the application with the completed TB test certificate. I'll get the number for the booking centre from my sister in law and post here tonight.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:21 pm

Thanks asm for your PM and billo for your reply.
Applicants in Pakistan can book appointments for tuberculosis (TB) screening with the call centre operated by the International Organisation for Migration (IOM).

International Organisation for Migration call centre contact number

UAN : + 92 51 111 466 472
^^^ Is that the number you are talking about billo?

They will tell where the test is due to take place right? (As in which hospital) I might as well tell my wife to get her test done in July before I go to Pak in Aug with the supporting documents.

I am gathering all supporting documents right now and working as well so once my 3 months bank statements are ready (INSHALLAH by first week of August) then i'm off to Pak to help her submit the application and of course spend some time with her in the process :).
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

corrado

Post by corrado » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:01 pm

Shadow86 wrote:Thanks asm for your PM and billo for your reply.
Applicants in Pakistan can book appointments for tuberculosis (TB) screening with the call centre operated by the International Organisation for Migration (IOM).

International Organisation for Migration call centre contact number

UAN : + 92 51 111 466 472
^^^ Is that the number you are talking about billo?

They will tell where the test is due to take place right? (As in which hospital) I might as well tell my wife to get her test done in July before I go to Pak in Aug with the supporting documents.

I am gathering all supporting documents right now and working as well so once my 3 months bank statements are ready (INSHALLAH by first week of August) then i'm off to Pak to help her submit the application and of course spend some time with her in the process :).
That is the correct number but I have read you have ten days to submit your application after going for the TB screening.

My wife called first thing yesterday morning and got an appointment for TB screening on Thurs 1st July and a submission appointment for Fri 2nd July so the appointments are pretty quick. This is for Islamabad by the way. You can't book an appointment for submission of the application unless you have a TB appointment. That's what she was told anyway. Hope that helps.