ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful HSMP->Tier1 Extension timeline

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmphsmp

Successful HSMP->Tier1 Extension timeline

Post by hsmphsmp » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:33 pm

hsmp expires on 25Dec2009

applied for tier 1 extension 21Nov2009, royal mail next day delivery( tier1 main applicant + 2 dependants (spouse and kid)

application reached HO on 24 nov 2009

fee debited on barclays visa debit card on 25nov2009 for main applicant and one of the dependant.

26nov2009 - emailed/faxed/called over phone the charging team of HO regarding the second dependant fee not debited.

26nov2009 - called barclays bank to verify if there was any declined transaction attempted by HO. they confirmed no such transaction declined.

27Nov2009 - email from charging team saying the second dependant fee transaction failed. suggested that the transaction may have failed due to anti-fraud protection measures in place. asked for new payment slip to be faxed.

30Nov2009 - faxed the payment section page for the dependant again. this time used hsbc visa debit card.

2 dec 2009 - still no sign of fee being debited. called charging team to remind them.

3 dec 2009 - fee debited for 2nd dependant.

8 dec 2009 - visa received 3 years for main applicant as well as dependants. passport and docs received in royal mail recorded delivery.

few suggestion from my experience for other members applying from tier 1 extension:

- i had difficulty taking photo for my 2 month old baby. so visited a studio and took. background wasn't as grey as it was on my photo taken in a photo booth. it was kinda white and had wrinkles of background cloth. no problem in getting visa though. HO isn't too strict on child photo, atleast in my case.

- if u r sending next day delivery via royal mail and u want it to reach the next day, send it before 12'o clock collection, otherwise it is really not next day delivery, it is day after that.

- if ur using credit/debit card for payment suggest to use 2 or 3 cards each for main and dependant applicant. in my case there was 820£ trasaction followed by 50£ and another 50£. the second 50£ trasaction failed. i am guessing the system found two 50£ transaction one after other, considered it as a fraud transaction and declined.

- send in a prepaid self addressed royal mail envelope to get back your documents. in my case HO sent in a really small enevelope and folded my degree certificate and marriage certificate. Luckily I had them laminated. the packaging was bad.

- I attached my degree cerificate, orginal hsmp approval letter, orginal IELTS certificate, naric letter all that I submitted with my initial application. Also I attached my offer letters, increment letters from employer, rental agreement, coucil, electricity, phone bills. I know these weren't mandatory, yet I attached them. There wasn't any issue in doing so in my case

amitc

Post by amitc » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:30 am

Congrates hsmphsmp for your extension. You are so lucky that you got your visa so quick. I have sent my application on 30th Nov but dont know when will I receive because of X-mas holiday. Njoi your next 3yrs

arnottfigaro44
Newly Registered

Post by arnottfigaro44 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:40 am

Thanks for the giving information, I was find many time on internet, But can't search perfect information. I will also apply for renew my hsmp visa. You got the visa very quick, Great work. nice