ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lloyds TSB Bank Statement Problem

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

faranjust4u
Newly Registered

Lloyds TSB Bank Statement Problem

Post by faranjust4u » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:39 pm

Hi guys,
I needed your help in this matter please.

I have already applied for the PSW Visa on 24th of Dec however I have experienced a problem in my application in that I have not been able to provide the relevant bank statements, this is because my bank Lloyds TSB refused to issue me statement of my e-savings account, moreover the bank also refused to provide bank stamp on my online statements.

I have got my acknowledge but I am worried whether or not my application will be successful. I have applied with a online statement along with the Lloyds TSB confirmation of my balance on a particular date.

Should I send the change of circumstances form and explain to the Home Office the above matter which I failed to do in my application.

Please reply at the earliest.

oc2pus

Post by oc2pus » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:14 am

In my view, if you have submitted Bank's letter that should be fine. However for your peace of mind you can query with HO regarding this, hope it will help.

oilly

Post by oilly » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:01 am

the Lloyds TSB confirmation of my balance on a particular date.
I don't think the confirmation on a particular date is good.
Lloyd tsb always have problem with bank letter and statement

from my experience. I went to lloyd tsb to ask for the bank letter and the girl who work there said that they never provide any bank letter.

So I said " you should do because it is the requirement from HO"
The girl said " No we don't, you can tell the HO that you have account here if HO have any query, they will telephone us"

Then I said " that's not true because some of my friend have already got it from lloyd tsb but different branch"

Then this girl went to talk with her manager and came back to give me the letter which said "We confirm that ...(me)... have over 800 GBP since the beginning of the account"

she did not mention the word 3 months at all, so i asked her to put the word 3 month in it but she refused. Then I asked her to provide me bank statement, she just printed it out but there wasn't my name on any page that she printed for me.

so I threw the letter and those statemente papers away because it was useless and went home to print E statement myself
Last edited by oilly on Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

oilly

Post by oilly » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:05 am

I'm not sure If it was true or not
I heard the rumor that many banks here hire a lot of EU people and those people doesn't care about us who is not EU especially the VISA stuff because they do not need VISA in order to work here.

By the way, The girl who mess up with my bank letter is the eastern European

I went to Lloyd tsb again but this time I went to see the British guy and ask him to help with my E statement. Everything was find and I got my VISA

faranjust4u
Newly Registered

Post by faranjust4u » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:29 am

I am still not getting it, what should I do now???

oilly

Post by oilly » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:41 am

faranjust4u wrote:I am still not getting it, what should I do now???

Ask them again if they could give you the new letter saying that the statement that you have printed is genuine
In addition, you will need to send a supporting letter from your bank, on headed paper, confirming that the statements are genuine.
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... intenance/
call Lloyd tsb at 0845 300 0000
ask them if they provide this service or not ( I'm sure they do )
then go back to your branch again if the banker still refuse, call this number again and ask if they could tell the banker for you

PostMan

Post by PostMan » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:39 am

You can telephone them to ask to send you a statement, from what I have seen people comment in other forum, the PSW is a scratch and win lottery game, that you might after having studied all the while they failed because of the bloody maintenance fund.
If the statement is not showing daily balance for the all the period they will refuse.
If your online statement do not have stamp they will also refuse.

But the good news is, in the appeal it will be allowed, because by that time, you would have received your original statement in the post.

They are very strict in the maintenance fund about fund dipping down, and document not as stated on the policy.

barlcays and Hsbc are correct, so friendly, and you can print off statement online with your name and full account no showing, and they can stamp it.
mostly the cashier's stamp.

faranjust4u
Newly Registered

Post by faranjust4u » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:21 pm

I've got a letter from Lloyds stating that I have maintain £800 of balance for 3 months and they cannot provide a statement for the account as it is a e-saving account. I have posted that letter witht the change of circumstance form to the home office address of Surrey.

Will they accept the letter??

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:59 am

faranjust4u wrote:I've got a letter from Lloyds stating that I have maintain £800 of balance for 3 months and they cannot provide a statement for the account as it is a e-saving account. I have posted that letter witht the change of circumstance form to the home office address of Surrey.

In truth, for the HO to accept your bank statements as an original one, The bank has to issue the original statements over a 3 month period or if that isn't possible, then the bank should print out your e-statements on the original bank letterhead paper ( not necessary ) with the seal of the bank and an official signature of the bank officer ( absolutely necessary ). I am not being pessimistic but with the visa procedures being very strict these days, there is a very gud chance that the application could be rejected. One way of getting out of this would be to get the original bank statements or the e-statements over a 3 month period (signed and sealed) and send it to the HO with a change of circumstance form. I guess this is another reason not to have an account with Lloyds. I had mine with HSBC and they where very helpful in the matter. I think they mailed me the bank statements 3 times and got me the sealed e-statements ( on bank letterhead paper ) maybe like 2 times or so..
Dont get too worked up since they could accept the letter that you send the second time too.. Just pray and wait..

PostMan

Post by PostMan » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:43 am

faranjust4u wrote:I've got a letter from Lloyds stating that I have maintain £800 of balance for 3 months and they cannot provide a statement for the account as it is a e-saving account. I have posted that letter witht the change of circumstance form to the home office address of Surrey.

Cool Mate, it will be aright, as far as you know that you maintained the amount for the period. simply write to bank in due time to request your balance and transaction in the account for the said period, I believe they will give you this letter or any document to proof this in appeal incase they refuse.

faranjust4u
Newly Registered

Post by faranjust4u » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:30 pm

I got my Visa with that letter. Thanks for your help. If anyone else have any queries regarding Lloyds TSB bank statement send me a private message and I will reply thanks.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:28 pm

faranjust4u wrote:I got my Visa with that letter. Thanks for your help. If anyone else have any queries regarding Lloyds TSB bank statement send me a private message and I will reply thanks.
Was there a delay? You applied on 24 December. Whats your timeline. thanks

ThatPoshBird
Newly Registered

Post by ThatPoshBird » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:00 pm

I think it is really important to sort out how you will be able to show your funds to the HO in advance before you actually hit the three month mark.

The HSBC in the Norwich city centre will not stamp e-statements, nor will they write a letter for the HO. This caused me a two week delay that could have been totally avoidable if I had asked them in September if they would stamp my statements/write a letter if I needed them to. If I had known I would have made sure I was receiving paper statements (which I should have done anyway).

However, as unhelpful as the local branch was the people at HSBC call centres were very helpful! :) They sent my original statements to me, and also sent me a partial statement (something that my local branch said was impossible!) Here's the number to request statements should anyone need it: 0800 328 1278.

Don't wait until the last minute to sort out your evidence, you might be in for some surprises! :(

patty
Newly Registered

Post by patty » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:49 pm

Lloyds Bank as a whole is not bad.

First time, I went to University Lloyds branch and requested to re-issue me 3 months bank statement. The lady over there told me that they cannot do it. After arguing for 5 minutes, she discussed with her Senior colleague and agreed to issue me the statements. To my horror, when I got my bank statements after 7 days, it was just for period of 1 month.

Luckily, I still had a months time for visa expiry, so I went to the main Lloyds branch in the city and requested a Senior staff to re-issue me 3 months bank statement, which she did with an charge of £10. Lo and I got my statement delivered to me by post in 10 days time! Happy. Happy. :lol:

drmastoi

horror

Post by drmastoi » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:28 pm

LLOYDS TSB bank Saving account statement is a Horror show.

its 4th month i am trying to get hold of my 3 month statement from them and every time i get a new story.

in
March.
i received current account statement instead of saving account statement.

April.
I received 1 month saving statement not 3 months as i requested.

May.
No statement received at all.kept waiting and waiting

June.

i requested on phone and was waiting . i thought i will double check when was it sent after a week.
to my horror thy said..
According to our terms and conditions we can not send you Easy saver statement.(well.I had 1 month statement in the past and every one agrees to send over the phone but i never get them)

launched a complaint(never heared back from them )

Bank Branch say they cant print it out .you must order over the phone.
after an argument and 30 min of wait they printed me a statement on a very bad focused paper where my name was printed on the logo and very fade stamp. they refused to give any supporting letter.

i have lost 2000 pounds because of their mistake in visa applications.

Cant wait to switch to an other bank ASAP.

Very Very Bad expereince. Be aware

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Re: horror

Post by potterbond007 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:30 am

drmastoi wrote:.
LLOYDS TSB bank Saving account statement is a Horror show.

its 4th month i am trying to get hold of my 3 month statement from them and every time i get a new story.

in
March.
i received current account statement instead of saving account statement.

April.
I received 1 month saving statement not 3 months as i requested.

May.
No statement received at all.kept waiting and waiting

June.

i requested on phone and was waiting . i thought i will double check when was it sent after a week.
to my horror thy said..
According to our terms and conditions we can not send you Easy saver statement.(well.I had 1 month statement in the past and every one agrees to send over the phone but i never get them)

launched a complaint(never heared back from them )

Bank Branch say they cant print it out .you must order over the phone.
after an argument and 30 min of wait they printed me a statement on a very bad focused paper where my name was printed on the logo and very fade stamp. they refused to give any supporting letter.

i have lost 2000 pounds because of their mistake in visa applications.

Cant wait to switch to an other bank ASAP.

Sorry about this... I bank with HSBC and I find them pretty reasonable..

wabuthu

Re: horror

Post by wabuthu » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:05 am

drmastoi wrote: Cant wait to switch to an other bank ASAP.

YES! i agree! lloyds is completely rubbish at these things! they also messed me up! i tried going to several bank branches all of whom said they CANNOT print out statements from the branch and cannot stamp electronic printed statements. I didn't know what else to do so then called them up on the 25th june to ask them for my upto date statements and the lady said she would send them. I got the statements and they were only upto 9th june! and i had paid them £10 for them to send!

this meant that i had to push my in-person appointment from 15th july to anyday before 9th july (to prevent statements being old), luckily i was able to phone home office and they gave me an appointment for this monday. I hope all goes well.

I have been loyal to lloyds for 3 years and this is how they repay me, i'm moving accounts as soon as my PSW comes through, they do not deserve my loyalty!

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:25 pm

go online and order paper statement for the last 3 months. they will charge you 10 pounds no matter how many months bank statement it is. and you will get in post within 5 days.

i had same problem wiv lloyds they dont priint and stamp in branch ANYMORE, and thats true, i went to bank to get my statement, lady says she cant print any statement. the only statement they can print is for the same day. i tried in another branch and same reply , in the end i had to ordered my statement via post and got charged 10 pounds .

varunkv
Newly Registered

Re: Lloyds TSB Bank Statement Problem

Post by varunkv » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:29 pm

faranjust4u wrote:Hi guys,
I needed your help in this matter please.

I have already applied for the PSW Visa on 24th of Dec however I have experienced a problem in my application in that I have not been able to provide the relevant bank statements, this is because my bank Lloyds TSB refused to issue me statement of my e-savings account, moreover the bank also refused to provide bank stamp on my online statements.

I have got my acknowledge but I am worried whether or not my application will be successful. I have applied with a online statement along with the Lloyds TSB confirmation of my balance on a particular date.

Should I send the change of circumstances form and explain to the Home Office the above matter which I failed to do in my application.

Please reply at the earliest.
I have the exact problem and the bank is refusing to even provide the letter...can somebody help....

Laraib

Post by Laraib » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:16 pm

faranjust4u wrote:I got my Visa with that letter. Thanks for your help. If anyone else have any queries regarding Lloyds TSB bank statement send me a private message and I will reply thanks.
Hi,

I am facing the same problem with llyods tsb. they refused to stamp the e-statmnets for me. i have ordered statment now but they say it may take 10 working days. I am worried because if i dont receive it in 10 days i will be in trouble because my visa is expiring on 29th feb and i need acknowledgment for my employer before that........really worried what to do........

Laraib