ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence and New CAP and its implecations

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jack199
Member of Standing

10 years long residence and New CAP and its implecations

Post by jack199 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:10 pm

Hi there

Does this new immigation CAP will have any affact on people who come under long term residency?

Jack

jack199
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence and New CAP and its implecations

Post by jack199 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:59 pm

jack199 wrote:Hi there

Does this new immigation CAP will have any affact on people who come under long term residency?

Jack
Guys i would appreciate if someone could answer the above question! Thanks in advance

Hunter007
Newly Registered

Post by Hunter007 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:37 am

No it won't, there is no evidence it will...The 1,300 temporary cut in skilled worker visas equals about 1.5% of the work-related settlements...i.e. the cap is on some areas of Tier 1 & all Tier 2 applications...The Long Residence 10 years rule is something completely different where a person has legally lived in the UK for 10 years with continous residence under a cross combination of different visa categories.

See here for detailed explaination about the new cap http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/10436228.stm

NiiKpani

Post by NiiKpani » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:44 pm

Hunter007 wrote:No it won't, there is no evidence it will...The 1,300 temporary cut in skilled worker visas equals about 1.5% of the work-related settlements...i.e. the cap is on some areas of Tier 1 & all Tier 2 applications...The Long Residence 10 years rule is something completely different where a person has legally lived in the UK for 10 years with continous residence under a cross combination of different visa categories.

See here for detailed explaination about the new cap http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/10436228.stm
The news released is exactly what it is. I don't see any reason why people want to read more into it than what it is. ILR under long residence category will not be affected