ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help About EU1 Application(6 months Gone)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

EU Treaty Rights

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Tue May 04, 2010 1:23 pm

Send by Fax: 01 616 7850. Urgent.

roddy1984

Post by roddy1984 » Tue May 04, 2010 1:28 pm

Yes when they issue Acknowledgment letter, they mention in the Letter that make sure you inform them if your EU spouse change job, Lost job, change home or other any change.

roddy1984

http://veetle.com/index.php/listing/index/0/popular/grid/0/T

Post by roddy1984 » Tue May 04, 2010 1:40 pm

But ImmigrationLawyer DOJ always ask for original letter.So maybe they wont accept the fax copy?? What you think if i send them by register post.It will be there by tomorrow morning.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue May 04, 2010 1:58 pm

When your Residence Card is almost due for issue, the DoJ usually write to request up to date evidence of the activities of EU national in the state.

If they haven't yet asked for this, you are not required to provide this information.
ImmigrationLawyer wrote:Send by Fax: 01 616 7850. Urgent.
You are scaremongering.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

roddy1984

Post by roddy1984 » Tue May 04, 2010 2:20 pm

OK Ben.Lets see what happens.I will inform everybody when I will get some reply for DOJ.

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: Help About EU1 Application(6 months Gone)

Post by Ben » Tue May 04, 2010 2:27 pm

roddy1984 wrote:OK Ben.Lets see what happens.I will inform everybody when I will get some reply for DOJ.
Please do.

I know it's awful playing the waiting game, especially since the DoJ has unlawfully broken the six month deadline, but the ball is in their court now. Just have to wait.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

roddy1984

Post by roddy1984 » Tue May 04, 2010 2:29 pm

I will Indeed Ben.As soon as I will get some reply, I will post threat here.Just pray for me...

roddy1984

Post by roddy1984 » Sun May 23, 2010 9:29 am

I send my wife jobseeker FAS Letter and Medical Insurance on 4th of May and got reply back that DOJ got my documents & will reply me back when the decision will made by Register post.My temp STAMP4 expired on 27th of April 2010,which i got for 6 months for processing application for 4EUFAM.Wife trying her best to get job but no success yet.Don't know what to do.My company stop my roster aswell. Any Suggestions ???

roddy1984

Post by roddy1984 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:20 pm

Its 2 months now in 2 days time, my Temp 4stamp expired. My wife got new job and we send her new job last 3 payslips and her new Tex Registration Certificated and Reference Letter from her Employer to DOJ and got reply today that they got my documents and let me know in due course.Even its nearly 2 months over initial 6 moths which were finished on 27 April 2010.First I thought thy maybe they are not replying my case because my wife is jobless but now she has full time job from last 5 weeks and DOJ received her new job payslips and other documents. Don't know what do do.Is it good idea to go to so Immigration Lawyer now? Pls any Suggestions??
It will be highly appreciated!!

roddy1984

Help About EU1 Application(8 months Gone)

Post by roddy1984 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:40 pm

Its 2 months now in 2 days time, my Temp 4stamp expired. My wife got new job and we send her new job last 3 payslips and her new Tex Registration Certificated and Reference Letter from her Employer to DOJ and got reply today that they got my documents and let me know in due course.Even its nearly 2 months over initial 6 moths which were finished on 27 April 2010.First I thought thy maybe they are not replying my case because my wife is jobless but now she has full time job from last 5 weeks and DOJ received her new job payslips and other documents. Don't know what do do.Is it good idea to go to so Immigration Lawyer now? Pls any Suggestions??
It will be highly appreciated!!

xxxtieee

Post by xxxtieee » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:03 am

Have you tried renewing your residence card and stamp at the immigration office?

This suggestion is because I am not fan of the language used by DoJ in their letters.

Quote: "THIS OFFICE IN NOT IN A POSITION TO EXTEND MY TEMPORARY STAMP4 IN THIS STATE."

It could just mean that, we can't renew it for you - you do it yourself.

again - just a suggestion.
-xxxtieee-

roddy1984

Post by roddy1984 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:46 pm

I tried it but GNIB said they can't extend my visa until I have letter from DOJ stating it.And whenever I wrote them letter they just reply me back that they my application in process even its 8 months now and EU Directive clearly state that all EUFAM Application must be process in 6 months time.Anyway I have decided to go to Lawyer next week.So lets see what happens.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:06 am

Perhaps you might want to write another letter to them, quoting Article 10 of the Directive and theIrish High Court Recent ruling which essentially endorses this position.

http://www.brophysolicitors.ie/news/cat ... eview.aspx
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

roddy1984

Post by roddy1984 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:44 am

Thanks for advice Obie.I am sick of writing letters to them & getting same bullshit from 2 months.So I have decided to go to Lawyer.It will be better if Lawyer will write them letter and remind them the time frame they should use to decide my application.I hope it will make some difference.What you think about idea to go to lawyer Obie?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:09 pm

If you do a strongly worded letter, like you know what you are writing about, quoting the relevant community provision and case laws, and threatening with a Judicial review if a reply is not received, you are likely to be more successful in extracting a reply. Also it is better for the EEA national to be the author of the letter rather than yourself, as it tends to work, to be precise, it worked in my case.

Hiring a lawyer, might have no impact on them whatsoever and even cost you something along the line of 500-1000 euros, which under the circumstance might be a troublesome amount to pay.

In any case it is up to you.

A friend of mine, hired a lawyer after he received a approval letter, went to GNIB and was told he will not be issued a resident card by the department. This was done without even a letter.

The lawyer wrote six letters and still no reply from the department.

He has had to take the matter to the court himself. Last week after his wife wrote another protest letter , they got a reply saying an investigation has ensued, and a decision will be made on the insuance of the card in the next fortnight.

So, these people, they are just like that. Highly inept and very incompetent.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

koded

Post by koded » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:31 pm

I think Obie is right. I am having problem with them too. and i wrote several letters which they dont bother to answer. I went their myself demanding that I must speak to someone from the department and the security guy refused. and I refused to leave the place too. so he has to go in and get someone who spoke to me.
I think alot of things are going on there. there was a case where i was told that part of my document is with the garda and i ask to speak to garda. the garda that spoke to me told me that he hasnt seen my document tht he was only informed that same day.
So I will suggest you write a letter like Obie suggested and if you dont get a reply within 10 days. you should go there in person with your wife. Tell them that you have been writing and never get any positive reply.

roddy1984

Post by roddy1984 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:56 pm

My Wife wrote letter to DOJ today & I signed that letter as well. So lets see what happens now.Thanks for all advices!!!

roddy1984

Post by roddy1984 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:24 pm

Thank GOD i got my 4EUFAM stamp approved today after 9 months.I got approval because I hired a lawyer and she wrote letter to DOJ and gave them 10 working days to reply about my case otherwise she will go to court. They replied after 6 days.Before I went to Lawyer ,whenever I wrote letter to DOJ, they always replied me that my case in under process. So my advise to go to Lawyer as soon as your 6 months are over because DOJ should reply in 6 months and if they are not doing this, then they are breaking the law.
And thanks to everybody who gave me advises.

koded

Post by koded » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:00 pm

Congrat man! atleast the end justifies the mean

roddy1984

Post by roddy1984 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:45 pm

Thanks koded & everybody on this form who gave me advises throughout my application process.