ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

got offloaded due to protector issuse need urgent help...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mpabbasi1
Newly Registered

got offloaded due to protector issuse need urgent help...

Post by mpabbasi1 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:00 pm

hi all
i would like to share my bad experience 2 day i had to travel to london as i got tier 1 general visa starts from 12 april 2010 issued from abu dhabi and applied at islamabad.i reached the airport and got done the check in when i reached the immigration counter than told that i need a protector for that visa coz i have a work permit i told the immigration guys that i got tier 1 not tier 2 visa and never heard of protector on inquiry i been sent to fia duty inspector and he had same answer there was also an uk official and i asked him about this protector who told me that this is not uk requirement its pakistan requirement and he was also confused how they asked for protector for tier 1 visa he did ask fia officer infront of me and he had same reply.
guys i am really confused on my way back i went 2 pia head office and been told that i dont need any protector.
"regards protector i got the information its kind of insurance and other documents which has to b submit by people who r going abroad on work permit and in case of emergeny like death or other case that person gets the insurance upto six lakh by pakistani government".so i need really urgent help from guys where should i go and whom i contact...
urgent help really welcom

mhkhan

Re: got offloaded due to protector issuse need urgent help..

Post by mhkhan » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:49 pm

Hello, I had a protector when I was working in Dubai and was asked by PIA Islamabad every time I travelled to Pakistan. Once I changed my jobs in Dubai, I didnt know that protector is linked to the employer hence was stopped by the Passport Control since they wanted me to have a new Protector. I got lucky as after a wait of 20 min they let me go. PIA had issued me the boarding pass so there was more argument between the Passport Control and PIA . It was sheer luck.

When I got the Tier 1 ( applied from Dubai), I came to London via Emirates and wasn't asked about it at any airport. However, when I went to Islamabad last April by PIA, I knew that it was linked to the employer even if I was employed in the UK, it is still not required for Tier 1. And I was right and was not stopped by anyone at Islamabad airport.

It is quite surprising that they stopped you. Protector is an insurance cover for overseas employed Pakistanis provided they have an employer. I would recommend you go to the Protector Office and apply for one. If they refuse, which is likely, you tell them to give you either the decision in writing or a way to explain to the Passport Control.
Protector stamp on the passport mentions the name of the employer so more of a reason for them NOT to be stopping you.

It costs around 10 to 12,000 rupees and yes there is a life insurance but its not applicable for Tier 1 visa holders.

Hope I was of some help.

Good Luck.

[quote="mpabbasi1"]hi all
i would like to share my bad experience 2 day i had to travel to london as i got tier 1 general visa starts from 12 april 2010 issued from abu dhabi and applied at islamabad.i reached the airport and got done the check in when i reached the immigration counter than told that i need a protector for that visa coz i have a work permit i told the immigration guys that i got tier 1 not tier 2 visa and never heard of protector on inquiry i been sent to fia duty inspector and he had same answer there was also an uk official and i asked him about this protector who told me that this is not uk requirement its pakistan requirement and he was also confused how they asked for protector for tier 1 visa he did ask fia officer infront of me and he had same reply.
guys i am really confused on my way back i went 2 pia head office and been told that i dont need any protector.
"regards protector i got the information its kind of insurance and other documents which has to b submit by people who r going abroad on work permit and in case of emergeny like death or other case that person gets the insurance upto six lakh by pakistani government".so i need really urgent help from guys where should i go and whom i contact...
urgent help really welcom[/quote]

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:03 am

I never had a protector and never will. You're just unlucky mate. I say get a protector :S
Goodluck.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Re: got offloaded due to protector issuse need urgent help..

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:49 am

mpabbasi1 wrote:hi all
urgent help really welcom

You are unlucky but yes islamabad airport officials do have a history of asking protector from HSMP holders even when it is not required. Have you had taken help of PIA airline officials at airport I am very sure that they would have argued with airport official and eventually you would have allowed to board.

Anyway protectors can be arranged I think somewhere on murree road..but I am not sure.. you better ask couple of travel agents in your area and they will guide about getting it.

mpabbasi1
Newly Registered

Post by mpabbasi1 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:26 pm

thnks for helpful reply.2 day i been 2 protector office which is on chandi chowk murree road i seen one of the official and asked about this protector thing i explain him my tier 1 visa and he said i do need protector so i got one today one thing which confused me is that on that form they asked for employer details i told them that i dont ve any employer yet than they told just write the authority name which has issued u visa so i written homeoffice uk.i am not sure is it right.coz on protector which is stamp written employer as homeoffice uk .let me know regards this.
cheers

mhkhan

Post by mhkhan » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:30 pm

This should be enough to convince the FIA and Passport officials at Islamabad airport. All they want to see is the Protector.

Good Luck.

mpabbasi1
Newly Registered

Post by mpabbasi1 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:33 pm

thnks for prompt reply yes u r quite right they just wana see protector.they dont know the difference between tier1 and tier2.
regards

poor_soul

Post by poor_soul » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:45 pm

how much did it cost u??

mpabbasi1 wrote:thnks for prompt reply yes u r quite right they just wana see protector.they dont know the difference between tier1 and tier2.
regards

mpabbasi1
Newly Registered

Post by mpabbasi1 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:47 pm

it cost about 5100 pkr.