ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SUCCESS WP + Tier 1 (general)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bsa80
Newly Registered

ILR SUCCESS WP + Tier 1 (general)

Post by bsa80 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:58 pm

I thought I would share my experience at Sheffield PEO in regards to my ILR application today.
First of all a very big thanks for all the support I had from this forum and its senior members.
My appointment was at 11.00 and I arrived about half an hour earlier.
Everything went well. One person asked for my documents in support of my application and just placed it in a file and handed it back to me.I was asked to make a payment.
After I made my payment,I was asked to wait for sometime.After an hour my number was called and I was told my Indefinite leave to remain was granted and it will take another hour to get the stamping on the passport.I went outside to have lunch and came back at 2 and collected my passport.

I was on 4 years wp + 1year Tier 1

Documents submitted
last 6months bank statements
last 6months payslips
Life in the UK test certificate
Letter from employer (used the format from this forum)

I have been with the same employer throughout.
I did not submit any P60s and they did not ask for it.

On the whole it was a wonderful service at Sheffield PEO and the staffs were really friendly.

Best of luck for all of you who are waiting for an ILR.

Sen

raghu_tallam

Post by raghu_tallam » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:22 pm

Congratulation to you, bsa80.

Did you submit employer letter for Tier1 duration or WP duration? Can you also point me to the templates?

bsa80
Newly Registered

Post by bsa80 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:13 pm

I have been with the same employer for the whole 5 years.So I just produced one letter covering the whole duration of my wp and Tier 1.
It looks like the employer letter is more important as they retained my letter and returned all other documents to me.

I took the letter template from this website.I have pasted a copy of my letter here

EMPLOYER ADDRESS

Date

To
UK Border Agency
Leave to Remain – SET (O)
PO Box 495
Durham
DH99 1WR

Subject: Application for Indefinite Leave to Remain

Dear Sir / Madam,

This is to confirm that Mr.xxxxxx is currently employed by xxxxxx as a xxxxxx on a full time and permanent basis. He has been on continuous employment since xxxxx. He is required by the company for a foreseeable future.

Should you require any further information please feel free to contact me on xxxxxxxxx.

Yours faithfully,

calvtan

Post by calvtan » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:25 am

Congratulations!

eager2learn

Post by eager2learn » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:10 am

bsa80 wrote:I have been with the same employer for the whole 5 years.So I just produced one letter covering the whole duration of my wp and Tier 1.
It looks like the employer letter is more important as they retained my letter and returned all other documents to me.

I took the letter template from this website.I have pasted a copy of my letter here

EMPLOYER ADDRESS

Date

To
UK Border Agency
Leave to Remain – SET (O)
PO Box 495
Durham
DH99 1WR

Subject: Application for Indefinite Leave to Remain

Dear Sir / Madam,

This is to confirm that Mr.xxxxxx is currently employed by xxxxxx as a xxxxxx on a full time and permanent basis. He has been on continuous employment since xxxxx. He is required by the company for a foreseeable future.

Should you require any further information please feel free to contact me on xxxxxxxxx.

Yours faithfully,
Hi, what happens to the case when someone on tier2/work permit changes employers, does he need letters from each previous employer? In my case I was also unemployed for 2 months after I converted from tier 2 to tier 1. Is it ok to remain unemployed for a period on tier 1?