ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New limits and points

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rashidkhan

New limits and points

Post by rashidkhan » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:57 am

I am confused and have a question:

For a person who is currently employed and extending his Tier1 general visa "in country" on aug 2011, what will be the minimum points he would need to score to apply?

Thanks,
Rashid

[iD]

Re: New limits and points

Post by [iD] » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:10 am

rashidkhan wrote:I am confused and have a question:

For a person who is currently employed and extending his Tier1 general visa "in country" on aug 2011, what will be the minimum points he would need to score to apply?

Thanks,
Rashid
Looking at whatever happened in the past regarding policies, things shouldn't change for people extending their visa. But we will know when they announce the policies.
Goodluck.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:37 am

The new rules and limits are only for out of country applications. Your extension will be done against the rules applicable when you were granted the Tier 1 (Gen) visa. You should be fine.
Regards,
crowbar6

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:32 am

crowbar6 wrote:The new rules and limits are only for out of country applications. Your extension will be done against the rules applicable when you were granted the Tier 1 (Gen) visa. You should be fine.
PROBABLY !!!!

:o)

rashidkhan

How to make sure

Post by rashidkhan » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:00 pm

Hi, thanks for your replies but how do i make sure of this? Is there a homeoffice number i can call to confirm this?

mnrao
Newly Registered

Re: How to make sure

Post by mnrao » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:14 pm

rashidkhan wrote:Hi, thanks for your replies but how do i make sure of this? Is there a homeoffice number i can call to confirm this?
Here is the doc which explains everything about new changes.
Please go through it.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Regards,
Narayana.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: New limits and points

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:55 pm

rashidkhan wrote:I am confused and have a question:

Thanks,
Rashid

You will not have to meet the increased points mark if you are already in the UK in one of the following categories:
Tier 1 (General)
Highly Skilled Migrant Programme
Writer, composer or artist
Self-employed lawyer
If you are in the UK in any other immigration category and you apply to switch into Tier 1 (General), or if you are applying from outside the UK, you will need to score 100 points.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... test+news)

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:16 pm

indianinwold wrote:
crowbar6 wrote:The new rules and limits are only for out of country applications. Your extension will be done against the rules applicable when you were granted the Tier 1 (Gen) visa. You should be fine.
PROBABLY !!!!

:o)
---
Regards,
crowbar6

dev106
BANNED

Post by dev106 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:35 pm

What the hell will this 5 points going to be????

Really , if this government thinks that they have won people's heart, they deserve the victory then these politicians who formed the government are the biggest fools and idiots( sorry moderators for using foul language) etc.....

Does it make any sense to the way they are changing the rules with no set period of time...

I'm praying to god, that it should'nt be earnings...

I wish good luck to each and every single person who got into this trap!!

Last but not least, my dear ministers , you have lost the battle!! accept it!!!

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:57 am

dev106 wrote:What the hell will this 5 points going to be????

Really , if this government thinks that they have won people's heart, they deserve the victory then these politicians who formed the government are the biggest fools and idiots( sorry moderators for using foul language) etc.....

Does it make any sense to the way they are changing the rules with no set period of time...

I'm praying to god, that it should'nt be earnings...

I wish good luck to each and every single person who got into this trap!!

Last but not least, my dear ministers , you have lost the battle!! accept it!!!
It will have to be the earnings. You cannot change the other attributes. You cannot get younger, there will be no time to complete a PG or a PHD..