ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:07 pm

corrado wrote:That is the correct number but I have read you have ten days to submit your application after going for the TB screening.

My wife called first thing yesterday morning and got an appointment for TB screening on Thurs 1st July and a submission appointment for Fri 2nd July so the appointments are pretty quick. This is for Islamabad by the way. You can't book an appointment for submission of the application unless you have a TB appointment. That's what she was told anyway. Hope that helps.
I will keep that in mind, yes it helps big time.

I dunno whether I read somewhere or made an assumption but I thought the certificate had 3 months.

Well in that case I will arrange for my visit to Pak to be more than 2 weeks inshallah and make her appointment in my presence.

You all are alhamdulillah so helpful, I am glad to have found this amazing forum :). May Allah grant all involved who are seeking a settlement visa for their partners to be granted that visa, ameen :).
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

corrado

Post by corrado » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:29 pm

Shadow86 wrote:
corrado wrote:That is the correct number but I have read you have ten days to submit your application after going for the TB screening.

My wife called first thing yesterday morning and got an appointment for TB screening on Thurs 1st July and a submission appointment for Fri 2nd July so the appointments are pretty quick. This is for Islamabad by the way. You can't book an appointment for submission of the application unless you have a TB appointment. That's what she was told anyway. Hope that helps.
I will keep that in mind, yes it helps big time.

I dunno whether I read somewhere or made an assumption but I thought the certificate had 3 months.

Well in that case I will arrange for my visit to Pak to be more than 2 weeks inshallah and make her appointment in my presence.

You all are alhamdulillah so helpful, I am glad to have found this amazing forum :). May Allah grant all involved who are seeking a settlement visa for their partners to be granted that visa, ameen :).
The certificate itself is valid for 6 months. It's just that you have to submit within ten days.

billo

Post by billo » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:39 pm

corrado wrote:
Shadow86 wrote:Thanks asm for your PM and billo for your reply.
Applicants in Pakistan can book appointments for tuberculosis (TB) screening with the call centre operated by the International Organisation for Migration (IOM).

International Organisation for Migration call centre contact number

UAN : + 92 51 111 466 472
^^^ Is that the number you are talking about billo?

They will tell where the test is due to take place right? (As in which hospital) I might as well tell my wife to get her test done in July before I go to Pak in Aug with the supporting documents.

I am gathering all supporting documents right now and working as well so once my 3 months bank statements are ready (INSHALLAH by first week of August) then i'm off to Pak to help her submit the application and of course spend some time with her in the process :).
That is the correct number but I have read you have ten days to submit your application after going for the TB screening.

That is not true, you do not have 10 days to submit app after TB test. Your TB test is valid for 6 months, so anytime before it expires you can submit you application.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:14 pm

Is it recommended to write up a small commentary or text of some kind onto the A4 paper on which I have stapled the wedding and outing photo's of me and my wife?

By text or commentary I mean like "Wedding - April 2009" or "x and x - October 2009"?

Is it NECESSARY to include Baraat pictures as well as Walimah?

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:35 pm

No commentary / annotation required to be honest...include a selection of photos from across the whole event and some where both of you are in normal clothing to demonstrate 'everyday living'...your suggested commentary would be in a sponsor letter which is another aspect of the app.

re. tb test...you need to do the tb test, THEN book then appt at gerrys. because u put tb certificate in with your application at time of submission insha Allah. billo is write in that it expires after 6 months, but dont do ur tb test, then wait for weeks, then submit your application as the tb test needs to be valid when your wife physically enters the UK so you need to factor time into this...the tb test appts are fairly readily available so make it close to the date of application submission insha Allah...your thinking on the right lines though...well done.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Ok I have:

Paper 1:
A pic of me and wife on Walimah
A pic of me and wife on Walimah with my 2 sisters

Paper 2:
A pic of me and wife on Walimah with my 2 cousins
A pic of me and wife on Walimah with my tayya and tayyi (uncle and aunty)

Paper 3:
A portrait type of pic of me and wife on Walimah
A whole family pic on Walimah day

Paper 4:
A pic of me and wife when we went for outing standing
Same but just another pic, sitting

Paper 5:
A pic of me and wife in her house
Same but different shot of us hugging

Paper 6:
A pic of us both standing side by side on outing
Same but she's holding my arm in this one

So 6 x 2, 12 pics in total. Is that sufficient or Baraat pictures are required? In Walimah I am wearing a suit and in Baraat am wearing the kurta thingy. So maybe ECO might raise his eyebrow thinking where the pics in which the guy wears a kurta? :P. I don't mind stapling more pics and adding them if that would be better?

As for TB test, i'll tell my wife today as to what needs to be done and inshallah arrange an appt for July. Then in August 2nd week is when I want to SUBMIT the entire application WITH the certificate. So 1 month of July plus the 3 months of PROCESSING would put 4 months out, leaving 2 months as validity.. :) seems good to me.

My sponsor letter came to 2 pages :D so am sure adding more won't be a good idea as everything should be as concise as possible.

Many people are pointing towards a no commentary required practice so i'll follow that so that the application is concise.

My Notarized copy of Passport is enough as proof of my image, right? Or should I also submit a passport sized colour photograph of myself?

sh4hb4z
Newly Registered

Post by sh4hb4z » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:03 pm

It's good to know I'm not alone in this... its so annoying, the lack of customer service and response...

I wish they had a contact number, I would love to call and see what they have to say about the delays and poor customer service as well as these standard reply emails... I need to vent my anger a bit and have a rant with them...

295 pages of genuine cases and still see refusals... its a bit daunting to see that if everything is correct and to their requirements, its still in some cases not good enough?

Anyways... on with the waiting...

tellmenow

Post by tellmenow » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:12 pm

^ how long u been waiting?

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:36 pm

Salam Kaidee,

Have your employer received the call for employment verification, I applied around the same time as you. but my employer hasnt received any call. I am just worried Coz i am getting transferred to a new company due to the company losing the contract.
When you feel all alone in this world
And there's nobody to count your tears
Just remember, no matter where you are
Allah knows
Allah knows
[Moderator edit]

tellmenow

Post by tellmenow » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:13 pm

no updates anyone?

slow monday, depressing start to the week.

yoda121

Post by yoda121 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:24 pm

corrado wrote:
yoda121 wrote:Booked appointment at gerrys,

Anyone managed to change/cancel appointments? Apparently they say it can't be done.

They are also insisting on ORIGINAL bank statements with the photocopied documents?
Anyone heard of this before?
How soon could they offer you an appointment and which VAC please?

Bank statements must be originals yes. All the sponsor's documents should be originals except for the passport where a certified copy is adequate.

Edited to add: Furthermore, does anybody know how soon you can get an appointment for the TB screening in Islamabad and then a submission appointment at Islamabad VAC?

I mean the delay between phoning and the actual appointment. Thanks.
They were giving them out within a week at LHE.

yoda121

Post by yoda121 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:25 pm

Anyone managed to change/cancel appointments? Apparently they say it can't be done.

They are also insisting on ORIGINAL bank statements with the photocopied documents?
Anyone else here heard about this lark yet regarding the photocopies?

According to the phone operator its a new rule that hasn't been updated on their website?

corrado

Post by corrado » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:20 pm

yoda121 wrote:

According to the phone operator its a new rule that hasn't been updated on their website?
They are requesting a photocopy of every single original document submitted. Just to be on the safe side my wife is submitting a copy of the entire application. I.e. copy of application form and all documents submitted. This is probably a bit over the top but at least it means no last minute photocopying. All bases covered hopefully.

sh4hb4z
Newly Registered

Post by sh4hb4z » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:47 pm

tellmenow wrote:^ how long u been waiting?
Since 20th April...

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:12 am

zmk2 wrote:Salam Kaidee,

Have your employer received the call for employment verification, I applied around the same time as you. but my employer hasnt received any call. I am just worried Coz i am getting transferred to a new company due to the company losing the contract.
Not as far as I know yet, no, no contact. Mind you, I am self employed :)

InshaAllah you will be ok, they don't always check with employers.

Edit: Forgot to return your greeting, :oops: , wa 'alaikumus salamu wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh :D
Last edited by kaidee on Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:21 am

Hey guys,

Whats the contact number for Gerrys?
The number come up as invalid when my wife tries to ring them.
The website lists these:

Telephone: 0900 10411 (landline) or
8865 (mobile).

Is there anyway I can ring them from the UK to book it for her?
The country code does not work either.

Thanks guys

c4_2007

Post by c4_2007 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:24 am

Also waiting :roll:
Tues 04/05/2010 - App submitted Lahore
Wed 05/05/2010 - App forwarded to Islamabad OC.
Mon 17/05/10 - Visa Application is under process at British High Commission
Tue 29/06/19 - HR contacted
Thur 22/07/10- Email to confirm decision Made

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:40 am

yoda121 wrote:

Hi,

I lurk around here sometimes, my Wife and I got married in Decemeber and is now with me in the UK.

Make sure you photocopy THE WHOLE FILE and take this with you. Your 'real' file will be sent to the UK and the photocopy goes to Islamabad.

Amer

MA786

Post by MA786 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:11 pm

AOA everyone

Eventhough I haven't been a Registered member upuntil now, I have been perusing the contents of this site with interest --Thanks to everyone who has commented so far and good going to all of those who are still awaiting a decision - just like me!

I thought it would be interesting for all you to note the story so far with regards to my husband's application for a spouse visa:

Application submitted: 31.03.2010
Application under process at BHC: 12.05.2010
Call to my Employer: 18.05.2010
Call to my husband: 25.05.2010
Decision made 26.05.2010

My husband has still not a call from the VAC to pick up his documents.

My husband initially chased up the matter by e-mail and was advised that following the Appeal, a decision was been issued on "their side" on 26.05.2010 and that it would take 20 working days from 26.05.2010 for the passport to be endorsed and be sent out to the Applicant.

We advised the UKHUB that this was not an Appeal case and provided details.

My husband was then advised that a decision had been made on 26.05.2010 and we would get a response from the VAC.

As the VAC did not get in contact the matter was chased again yesterday.

My husband was informed that the Application was "in process" at BHC and that they were looking into the delay. They also stated that as this matter was an Appeals case, we should redirect any furture queries to the Appeals section! (provided an e-mail for us to contact them)

Another e-mail was sent to them reiterating the above.

An e-mail was received today advising that a decision was made on 26.05.2010 in respect of the "second application" (they also provided a seperate reference no UKVS...)

I responded by advising that this was not an Appeals case and only one Application had been made.

An e-mail has just been received from UK Hub in Croydon advising that they are aware that this is not an Appeals case or a second application and we should hear from the VAC within 1 week. They apologised for the confusion caused.

Batleykhan or anyone - perhaps you will be able to comment on what has happened here..obviously I am extremely concerned. Could it merely a internal error and the paperwork has gone to the wrong section at BHC.

This has been an extremely testing time for us. I can only pray to Allah that all of us on this site get the right decision.

Apologies for any typos in this post - typing very fast as on lunch at work.

Thanks

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:17 pm

To all the people appying for the visa soon i suggest you start to book the appoinments now. i am applying in first week of august, i recently booked my wifes TB test in mirpur and they said the earliest appoinment avaliable was after a month normally you can get it with a week.

the news of the new english test as resulted in increased number of applications, everyone is trying to submit their case before autum. So dont forget to book appoinment in advance ppl or it will be very difficult to get appoinment near the autumn.

yaz107
Newly Registered

Post by yaz107 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:35 pm

MA786 - I thought I had been waiting a long time! I know how frustrating the waiting can be. Its a long time to hold on to your documents if they made the decision on 25th May. I woudl love to be a fly on the wall of their offices and see how the system works - its obviously not dealt with on a first come first serve basis. Or it is and the sad people in the Gerry offices just like to keep people waiting!

rav4u
Newly Registered

Post by rav4u » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:08 pm

Just an update for some guys

i emailed UKHUB on 25 June with the following :

To whom it may concern My name is Mr ***** ******** and would kindly request some help an information regarding my wifes spousal visa application in pakistan. My main concern is that having followed many other peoples applications online through the UK Immigration forums where other people like myself have spousal visa applications submitted from pakistan with 3- 4 people who also submitted thier applications from the same VAC in Lahore, it is my understanding that these people have received updates and status changes through the tracking system and 2 people who have received successful applications even though they had submitted thier applications many weeks later than my wife during mid an late april, i fully understand that there is no general rule and timeframes for different applications and individual cases etc, but it does worry me to know that many people have received replies an updates even after submitting thier applications much later than us, as in one example an application was submitted on the same day as ours from the same same VAC in lahore and they recived thier updates many weeks ago and recieved thier passport an succesful application just last week and we yet havent even seen an update status change on the tracking website which usually changes to "under process at BHC" and the status still remains the same as day 1 which says " Fowarded to Islmabad OC on"

The following details are below about our application

Applicants Name : Mrs *********
Date of Birth : ***************
Gerrys fedex tracking number : LHE/********/****/*
Pakistan address : *****************************
Pakistan telephone : ************

I would kindly request any help or information that you can provide please as i am very anxious an worried due to the nature of my wifes current condition, as she is now almost 7 months pregnant, an the uncertainty for both of us means that we have no way of planning ahead at the moment, i have recently just visited Pakistan again in the last week to be with my wife from 12th June to 20th June as to be with her at some hospital checkups,
Once again i would urge you to please provide us with any information or update status

Kind regards

Received the following reply 20 mins later :

Dear Sir,

UKVS: *****

Thank you for your email. A decsion was made on the application on 20th May - your wife will be contacted when the decision is ready for collection. If she still has not been contacted in a weeks time then please contact us again.

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team

Now wat the hell is that supposed to mean???? decision was made over a month ago and yet still no status change on tracking website

Personally im assuming that it is sitting on some fat sweaty bastards desk in lahore who cant be bothered to pick it up an make the phone call for us to come an collect it, my main worry is as my wife is almost 7 months pregnant now its going to be very difficult for her to travel due to flight travelling restrictions for pregnant women,

does anyone know if there is any phone number or anyway i contact gerrys/fedex direct to try an get them to trace it ?? my wife phoned gerrys/fedex an was told the same bullshit that ur application is still forwarded to islamabad oc on,

for people wanting to know the email address

ukhub.pakistangeneralenquiries@fco.gov.uk

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:24 pm

rav4u...........

UKBA had made the decision on my case on 10/5/10 (refusal) we didnt received the result until the 21/06/10, thats like a whole 6 weeks later.......it was refused but was still sat at someones desk in Islamabad BHC or Gerrys for 6 weeks later.........we waited in total 15 weeks............for a refusal........

I understand your predicament, but unfortunately ringing or chasing it up wont do anything, they will process it as and when they want, there is no customer service standards in Pakistan..........jus pray........inshallah you will hear soon and inshallah it will be positive news......

mannabegum
Newly Registered

information about visa for my husband in bangladesh

Post by mannabegum » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:31 pm

hi peeps,

I have just the information just given here on this post and I have a few questions about it. I am going to apply for my hubby o join me in the UK in about 6 months time because I need to wait till i am 21yrs of age...my 1st question is that u have listed a must for wedding photos in your application but i have a problem that i haven't got any wedding pics :( ov us on the wedding day but i have got lots more ov us together will that be ok? :? and another thing was my husband was here in the uk before for 5 years and he overstayed will that be an issue but he left on his own will? will he get an ban for a year to come to the uk when i make his application? im soooo worried i need some advice???

rav4u
Newly Registered

Post by rav4u » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:07 pm

CRT7 wrote:rav4u...........

UKBA had made the decision on my case on 10/5/10 (refusal) we didnt received the result until the 21/06/10, thats like a whole 6 weeks later.......it was refused but was still sat at someones desk in Islamabad BHC or Gerrys for 6 weeks later.........we waited in total 15 weeks............for a refusal........

I understand your predicament, but unfortunately ringing or chasing it up wont do anything, they will process it as and when they want, there is no customer service standards in Pakistan..........jus pray........inshallah you will hear soon and inshallah it will be positive news......

ye thanks for that, its exactly wat im thinking....... its just gonna take as long as it takes or until someone can be botherd to deal with it, just praying we hear something soon.