ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:09 pm

terlen wrote: I remember who I am , and you a just 5 year old upset kid:)))
Well done :lol: I'm glad you could figure that one out :)

superstar

Post by superstar » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:53 pm

Calm down guys :D

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:03 pm

Beige, this userid 'terlen' has had his 15 minutes of fame on this thread. I think he is best left ignored as his motive now is just to get genuine members on this forum sucked into a meaningless argument with him (thus try to create a controversy on this thread where none exists)....and we all know the reason 'why'....

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Post by coolboyuk » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:05 pm

I just wanna know, why bother in replying and give advice to users like terlen , lovecat etc..etc. at the beginning...

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:20 pm

coolboyuk wrote:I just wanna know, why bother in replying and give advice to users like terlen , lovecat etc..etc. at the beginning...
Because it is in some people's nature to want to help others and not to judge.

Let's drop it and move on... please...lessons have been well and truly learnt this time

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Post by coolboyuk » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:27 pm

lol.. :lol: but it seems to me that some of us are helping others already knowing [prejudged] they are NOT real ILR applicant... it is really a waste of time isn't it ??? :wink:

bilalsco
Newly Registered

Post by bilalsco » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:48 am

Hello All.

My application was posted on the 14th June 2010 and it was received (via special delivery) on the 15th June 2010.

The problem is I have not received my acknowledgement letter from Home Office and I'm beginning to worry a bit.

I've also called royal mail to confirm if the postal orders I paid for my application has been cashed. They confirmed this was cashed on the 17th June 2010.

How long does it usually take before they send you an acknowledgement letter? Should I be worried that I still haven't received one?

Any input you have will be much appreciated.

Thanks

superstar

Post by superstar » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:25 pm

Hi everyone
just an update regarding my application process.
UKBA has taken money out today(paid by cheque and sent application form 2nd time on 14/6/10) and I've also received AK letter today which was sent on 23/6/10

so i am thinking +ve to hear from UKBA soon some good news :)

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Post by coolboyuk » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:33 pm

superstar, did you say SOON to hear some good news ???? :? we are dealing with UKBA here mate.....

hrushiuk
Newly Registered

Post by hrushiuk » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:53 pm

Hi bilalsco, I sent in my application through a solicitor on 01/06/2010 and the AK letter was generated in Croydon which was dated the 02/06/2010 but I'm sure my sollicitor did not receive it for a couple weeks!! Then my solicitor posted it out for me on the 15/06/2010! I'm not entirley sure how soon he received it but The thing is, at least the postal order,in your case, has been cleared hence AK letter may be on it's way but by no means it arrives right away! I think only a few member may have received some letter straight away but takes a while..Good luck

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:34 pm

superstar wrote:Hi everyone
just an update regarding my application process.
UKBA has taken money out today(paid by cheque and sent application form 2nd time on 14/6/10) and I've also received AK letter today which was sent on 23/6/10

so i am thinking +ve to hear from UKBA soon some good news :)
So pleased for you that things have started to move forward, even if only a little. Hold on to that positive thinking you will need it over the coming months :)

ILR-2010

Post by ILR-2010 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:56 pm

Hello guys, any news lately???
I decided to wait till the 6months mark, can't waste money calling HO anymore, God bless us all!!!

durian

Post by durian » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:43 pm

My word. I had no idea...

I'm applying under 10 years ILR. One of my colleagues who also came here as a medical student obtained hers in slightly under 3 months, and another one who was on 5 years HSMP/Tier 1 took just over 2 months. I took in good faith that there were genuinely some people here who got theirs in much less time than that.

I got my ILR rejected a few years ago for excessive breaks so it may not be as straightforward as I'd like to be, even now. Am digging my heels in for a long wait now. It'll already be just 1 month since I applied.

powermatic

Post by powermatic » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:16 pm

durian wrote:My word. I had no idea...

I'm applying under 10 years ILR. One of my colleagues who also came here as a medical student obtained hers in slightly under 3 months, and another one who was on 5 years HSMP/Tier 1 took just over 2 months. I took in good faith that there were genuinely some people here who got theirs in much less time than that.

I got my ILR rejected a few years ago for excessive breaks so it may not be as straightforward as I'd like to be, even now. Am digging my heels in for a long wait now. It'll already be just 1 month since I applied.
so are you applying under 10 years or 14? sorry, you mentioned that your ILR was refused few years ago - so is it an appeal or fresh application?

Yes, I agree with your point - some people do get their ILR fast - those who currently hold a work permit or who are under tier 1. Unfortunately, those who spent whole 10 years period as students have to wait for ages :(

durian

Post by durian » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:50 pm

powermatic wrote:
durian wrote:My word. I had no idea...

so are you applying under 10 years or 14? sorry, you mentioned that your ILR was refused few years ago - so is it an appeal or fresh application?

Yes, I agree with your point - some people do get their ILR fast - those who currently hold a work permit or who are under tier 1. Unfortunately, those who spent whole 10 years period as students have to wait for ages :(
No worries. I am now re-applying under the 10 year long residence, having 'clawed back' and made up for the previous absences so that now it is <540 days (I used to travel loads during all the uni hols you see).

Two years ago I first applied using a solicitor (who was very helpful) and she'd subsequently advised that we went to tribunal after the application was refused. I decided not to as I'd already had a valid HSMP visa and money was short (my visas were such that I needed to extend my stay by a few month before the qualifying 10 year period, hence I'd gone ahead and applied for HSMP just a few months before the subsequent ILR application). I am now on a Tier1 visa which only expires in 2012 which really gives me some breathing space.

Going by what you say, I can only hope that my application would be processed sooner rather than later, unfair thought that may be. :? We're all on the same boat, and I'm really hopeful that genuine applicants will continue share their experience and timelines.

All the best powermatic :)

yeezhexiang
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by yeezhexiang » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:27 am

Dear all

Has any applicant in Dec 2009 and Jan 2010 heard from Home Office?

It's nearly 24 weeks for those applicants and I wonder what is Home Office doing? Their actions have proven the inefficiency in the system.

I just rang the PEO for my 5th month progress check and I received yet another same answer - Your application is yet to be completed.

Beige, are you planning to approach your MP to help out on this matter?
All the best

zara5
Newly Registered

Post by zara5 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:15 am

no news for me either...:( isn't there ANYTHING that we can do ???

pv
Newly Registered

Post by pv » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:20 pm

I just received my passport and supporting documents back with the indefinite stamp. Took nearly 5 months and a week for the decision. It has been stamped in Sheffield and was done on june 28th.

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Post by coolboyuk » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:06 pm

congratulations pv , did you apply under full 10 year student cat ? or mix with other tiers....?

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:13 pm

pv wrote:I just received my passport and supporting documents back with the indefinite stamp. Took nearly 5 months and a week for the decision. It has been stamped in Sheffield and was done on june 28th.
Congratulations!!! :D Celebrations at the pv household tonight?

Hopefully this is a sign that the January applications have been reached and we will see the January applicants drop off the waiting list. Fingers crossed!

hrushiuk
Newly Registered

Post by hrushiuk » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Congratulations pv, great news :))
As per kiwigirl25's comment,hopefully all who have been waiting for months will start to hear things! On the other hand people like me who applied in June will just have to wait patiently like most of the forum members have been for months and I take my hat off to you all since it's only been almost 4 weeks wait for me so far,yet I think about the application everyday :((, goodluck all and let's hope Dec / Jan start to come throughand start posting positive comments

chiko14june
Newly Registered

Post by chiko14june » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:22 pm

congraz pv.
We sent the applications in the same day. However, I'm still waiting for the nonsense HKBA to work mine out.

pv
Newly Registered

Post by pv » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:54 pm

I had all but given up hope that my passport will come before the 6 mths and yesterday had even looked for my MP's address to write a letter.
i had 4 years dependent, then 4 years student and then 2 more years of dependent.
Looks like UKBA has now started working on the jan applicants. hopefully the jan applicants shld see some results!

cloudstar
Newly Registered

Post by cloudstar » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:03 pm

[quote="pv"]I just received my passport and supporting documents back with the indefinite stamp. Took nearly 5 months and a week for the decision. It has been stamped in Sheffield and was done on june 28th.[/quote]

Congradulations PV am happy for you. I still l havent heard anything though I applied in Dec. :( Did you phone HO at all while you were waiting.

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:51 pm

Thats great news!! Congratulations pv!!